WHERE IS THE DOUBLE EXP???

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vallic, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Vallic New Member

I was told it would be the 5th, that didnt happen so then people said the 6th, that didnt happen so now im here and a lil bit annoyed. WHERE IS MY DOUBLE EXP?!?!?
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

If you mean for Extra Life Bonus week, that does not begin until tomorrow at 10am PST.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Instead of being told, look it up yourself. The main announcements page has had a post for months regarding this, and it's said the bonus starts on the 7th.

And it's not double XP. It's triple XP. Along with a BUNCH of other bonii :)
    Ndaara, Brildon, Cleric Bot and 3 others like this.
  4. Hobs Elder

You said "bonii'!

[IMG]
    Goranothos, Thewiz, Andarriel and 3 others like this.
  5. Herf Augur

Given the original post that was a remarkably mellow response. Congratulations! :)
    Hobs, Koshk, Tour and 2 others like this.
  6. Herf Augur

Triple XP? I only see double XP on the list for the stretch goal here: https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-el-stretch-goal-2023
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Stop now please. If you encourage people to look things up for themselves the world could become a better place. And who would want that?
    Hobs, Koshk, Rijacki and 1 other person like this.
  8. Marton Augur

Bonuses.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Are you offering?
  10. Kalamos Augur

Hobs and Andarriel like this.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

Bonuses are additive, so its adding 200% * base exp. With no other bonuses/mods active it will be triple, with other bonuses/mods active it won't be. We can call it triple, but its a misnomer.
  12. Monkeychunks Augur

I think the bonus should be the deactivation of the cap feature on these forums. Its getting way out of hand.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

You were misinformed.
  14. Kalamos Augur

Well, what would you prefer to call it?
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Triple ;)
  16. Herf Augur

The link I posted does not say "+200% bonus" it merely says 200%. If it truly IS +200% I will be very very very happy. I guess we'll find out in about 19 hours.
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

18. Bernel Augur

Percentages are easily misunderstood and can be confused. The audience may not have the necessary math background and the writer may also make mistakes in how they use percent. Instead, it would be clearer to everyone if they said something like "experience is tripled" rather than using percentage terms like "200% exp bonus" or "300% of normal exp",
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Overseer Xp here we come cant wait!
  20. Soulbanshee Augur

It wouldnt necessarily be tripled is the thing. Tripled would be best case barring no other bonuses are applied.

If you use a lesson before the bonus:
    100 base exp + (100 * 100%) = 100 + 100 = 200 exp.

And a lesson with the 200% bonus:
    100 base exp + (100 * 100%) + (100 * 200%) = 100 + 100 + 200 = 400 exp.

It has the appearance of "only" double the exp of the pre-bonus (and an even more pronounced effect on servers that have other bonuses applied) because its additive math not multiplicative, and thats how we get tickets "bonus is bugged because I'm not getting X'd exp".
    Hobs and Bernel like this.