Laurion's Song Beta and Expansion Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Gialana Augur

The regular launchpad allows you to access test and the normal servers, but not the beta server. You need the beta launchpad to access the beta server.

You can find instructions for downloading the beta launchpad at the following link if you have access to the beta forums.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/beta-instructions-faqs.292702/
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

This happened to a friend of mine as well. He petitioned them and they said his payment didnt go through on his second account. Im thinking his bank saw 2 identical charges and didnt let the 2nd go through thinking it was a mistake.
  3. Keise Elder

Sounds awesome, so you buy the persona, or use the ones you have...or just start a level 1 buy the heroic character and do the samething...i'm so excited, I would say there has to be something more to it
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Level 100+ there will be plenty of grind involved since the "big chunks of achievement XP" from ToV + Content are, at least at this stage, a 1 & done deal - so you won't be able to take advantage of those on your personas.
  5. Keise Elder

I just don't understand what the persona is for if it does the same exact thing as starting a level 1 and using 100 heroic the way you are explaining it
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You get to keep your inventory, achievements, flags, keys, and other things so you are not starting from scratch with nothing
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As I understand it, it basically removes the need to start a whole new character in order to try a different class so you do not lose all of your efforts on the character up until that point, that being the stuff covered in Warring's post.

It also grants your character a lot more flexibility since if you wished you can have every archetype (i.e. Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Support Class or Healer) all available to you and possibly able to swap archetype/class where you are located right now rather than having to go the character select screen, log in then move that alt to the group's current location etc.
    You could also opt to have every kind of buffer so you can buff your groupmates with everything they might need for a dungeon run.
    Or for the truly dedicated you could just opt to have everyy class, though this is going to be a big time commitment to keep up to date full time.
    Boxers might choose to have a few classes each for their crew so they have different set ups without needing to create more characters on each account.
    Raiders could opt to have a "group geared only" persona to maintain the challenge of group content (though realistically many raid to gain a much easier time in group content, and will probably be soaking up raid rots on their personas).

It remains to be seen how tradeskills will be handled but there is potential to allow your main who cannot do alchemy or poinson making those options, for them to swap to an Enchanter Persona to use the tradseskill related spells they have.

I doubt you will have the option to have multiples of the same class (for different deity Priest gem imbuing) but that would be a waste of AP slots anyway IMHO.

Lots of options, potentially.

Of course all that flexibility & advantage of keeping items flags & keys comes at the cost of needing to level multiple times but that also means the system gives players who "run out of stuff to do" a whole lot more stuff to do, if they wish, it will still end up being more convenient than to level up all of those classes as individual alts due to all that backflagging & key-gaining being side-stepped multiple times.
  8. Crashdummy Elder

Until I see it live, my suspicion is that, it is a shroud, but instead of having separate bags, , they will still be on the shroud, and it will be possible to carry on most of the regular activities. The quick notes did not say armor was intact or that the alt class would be leveling up abilities, maybe is just an improvement on the old shroud to higher levels. Got to see it in action to know what is in and what is not.
  9. Yoda Journeyman

Yeah, I think it is wishful thinking to believe Persona's is anything other than Shrouds 2.0
    Very odd that they are staying tight lipped on it as well which makes me think they don't want to disaappoint people too early.
  10. Janakin Augur

So I looked at the two new mounts and they seem to be the same buffs as the last expansion, M and N. Does that mean they have maxed out mount blessings?
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

More likely they just did a cut & paste and forgot to go back and update it.
    Janakin likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Could also be that the updates for that have not been done yet and is still on the schedule to do.
    Janakin likes this.
  13. Volas Lorekeeper

Which classic expansion is this a re-skin of this time?
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not sure it does that.

• Laurion's Inn.
    • Ankexfen Keep.
    • Pal'Lomen.
    • The Hero's Forge.
    • Moor's of Nokk.
    • Unkempt Woods.
    • Timorous Falls.

It does at least add in a zone that was missing from the original map which gets a big thumbs up from me (Unkempt Woods).
    Wyre Wintermute and Barton like this.
  15. ristro New Member

how do i get into beta?
  16. Bernel Augur

First, you need to pre-order the expansion here: https://www.everquest.com/laurions-song. If you want a certain account to have beta access, make sure you pre-order with that account. After the pre-order is complete, you should have access to the beta forum section. You may need to log out and log back in to see the beta forums.

This thread has info about the beta: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/beta-instructions-faqs.292702/. See the section "HOW DO I ACCESS THE BETA SERVER?"

You need to install a beta client into a separate directory and then run the LaunchPad.exe that's installed into that directory.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Getting a black screen when going from windowed to full screen on beta. Will this be fixed before live?

This is the only thing holding me back from ordering SL on alt account.
  18. Puzzled Lorekeeper

It's Nov 4 and Beta has been down all day and I don't think anyone on Dev team knows. Please check to see what problem is or at least tell us why it's down. Thank you.
  19. Ozon Augur

Can you give us a date when LS is expected to go live? I know the tradition is to go live first full week of December, but a conformation would be appreciated.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Molybedium and Allayna like this.