Can Rogues survive molo?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Izzard of Bertox, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If moloing were actually designed for solo+merc then each merc type would have a different setup that accounted for the class using it, but they do not because EverQuest is not designed for Solo, or even Molo play.

If you can solo or molo it is a distinct advantage your class can use, or you are playing beyond expectations.
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

[quote="Krasis, post: 4252995, member: 439419"]What kind of proper clickies?[/quote]

Search the forum or the interwebs for must have clickies. There is a lot of information out there for this.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

Well, if you are expecting AI to answer the question (What clickies should an EverQuest rogue have?) you will be sorely disappointed.

From ChatGPT:

In EverQuest, as with any class, the equipment and clickies (items with clickable abilities) you should use can vary depending on your playstyle, group composition, and personal preferences. However, there are some general guidelines for clickies that are useful for an EverQuest rogue:
      • Clickies that make you invisible can be invaluable for sneaking past dangerous enemies or avoiding unwanted aggro.
      • Items that remove roots or snares can be lifesavers when you need to escape from a dangerous situation.
    1. Offensive Clickies:
      • Poisons: Clickies that apply various poisons to your weapons can significantly boost your DPS (damage per second).
      • Damage Shields: Items with clicky damage shields can help you deal damage to enemies when they attack you.
      • Debuffs: Clickies that debuff enemy stats can make fights easier for your group.
    2. Healing/Regeneration Clickies:
      • Healing Potions: Items with clickable healing effects can save your life in a pinch.
      • Regeneration: Clickies that regenerate health and mana over time can help you recover between fights.
    3. Utility Clickies:
      • Levitation: Some zones have areas where levitation is required to avoid falling damage.
      • Infravision: Useful in dark areas where you might need to see in the dark.
      • Swimming: Clickies that allow you to swim faster or breathe underwater are helpful in specific zones.
    4. Stat Boosts: Items that temporarily increase your stats, such as Dexterity or Agility, can improve your combat performance.
    5. Escape/Teleport Clickies: Clickies that teleport you to a safe zone or your bind point can be a lifesaver if you get in over your head.
    6. Shrink Clickies: Reducing your character's size can be helpful when trying to sneak past large mobs.
    Remember that clickies often have cooldowns, so use them strategically. Additionally, it's important to consider your overall gear setup and how clickies fit into your character's abilities and playstyle. Always adapt your clickies to the specific situations you'll encounter in EverQuest, and keep in mind that the game may have changed since my knowledge cutoff date in January 2022, so it's a good idea to consult with fellow players or resources specific to your server or era of gameplay for the most up-to-date recommendations.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

Why would I use an AI? They suck for information gathering in my eyes.

I am not so lazy as to use that. I ferret stuff out on my own.

I had mentioned to him to search the forum here, lots of info. Googling stuff yourself will get you more information than using ChatGPT.
    fransisco likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

plus the fact that they both lie (make stuff up) and cant tell between bad info and good info
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Zalamyr Augur

Its most human quality!
    fransisco likes this.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

Oh, I agree, but people today are all about the latest buzz, and AI is it.
  8. fransisco Augur

I used to do programming work for a distrubutor to hundreds of different newspapers (not the ad choked websites, but payed subs).
    In some ways, things were always as dumb, even before "AI" was involved. Take the sports section. 95% of every sports article is written a week before hand. Every so often a paper would send an article to publish that never filled in the last few bits - score numbers, "amazing basket made by __insert_player_name__", and such. Pictures are never added in later because they are almost never from the same game. always stock footage.

Was also fun to see them write a story about the assumed victory, and publish a story where the wrong team wins.

You didnt see this stuff as a normal consumer, because maybe 1 paper out of 100 would screw up every week or two. Plus when we noticed we stopped them from publishing it.

Another way is to look at how computer assisted stories were written before "AI". You can tell because they are very repetative, 2-3 paragraphs in a row that basically say the same thing over and over.
  9. Kodachi Augur

You can molo on a rogue as long as you fight things that can be assassinated and a healer merc can keep you up.

At 110, I can basically just chunk through mobs and do so to powerlevel other characters.

That said, Rogues are defacto the worst class to play if you want to be antisocial. Without the crutch of assassinate it gets much worse very quickly and that usually means all current content but also, this only becomes true once the anatomy aa stops being stupid and actually allows it to work on anything -1 level of you.
  10. GrandOpener Elder

Random point to add: escape will usually take you entirely out of combat, which means if you're quick you can suspend your merc rather than just watching it die.
    Izzard of Bertox likes this.
  11. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Well said sir. I like this.

I love groups and prefer them. EQ is 90% box your own group these days. I'm too old to try and play multiple characters.... I suck enough at just one. :)
  12. Kaliko Augur

Even with assassinate it's slow and risky for a raid geared rogue and still get beat up moloing in say Maiden's Eye for example if a 2nd mob comes in with burns down. But yeah rogues one of the worst melee to molo imo.