EverQuest is Changing the World

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

From breaking the internet when EQ launched, to helping children and their families, EverQuest and Darkpaw Games continue to change the world.

The latest episode of The EverQuest Show is all about Extra Life fund raising (and those in game rewards!), and the streamers who are helping to raise money.

And it's about how EQ has made an impact on the world in big ways!

As always, thanks for the support!
    Fading

2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Good work by the whole team.
    Brontus likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

We have an infant child who spent nearly 3 months in various NICU's at Children's. Thank you from all of us.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Your videos are always so well done! Such a delight.
  5. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Helping kids who are in need is one area that Daybreak really shines. Anthing that brings devs and players together gets a huge thumbs up from me!! :)
    Grove likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

USA needs to join the rest of the developed world & get itself a Nationalised Health Service, or at least a Cooperative State Health Service so that they can leverage greater buying power for medicines & medical products - its disgusting how big pharma & big hospital & health insurance lobbying (bribing anywhere else) holds American people to ransom over something as essential as Healthcare. I mean even Canada has one.

But until that happens, I hope the fundraiser goes well.
    Yinla, Annastasya, Jhenna_BB and 3 others like this.
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

No. But remove the restrictions so that insurance companies can compete across state lines as well as normalize coverage from state to state.
    Brontus, Nennius and Sunawar like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Without turning this into a political debate, it is great that DPG, even with the current issues, is still doing good work within the community.
    Rijacki, Nennius, Grove and 1 other person like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well put.
    Brontus likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

Now if only we could go back in time and tell our parents that playing video games will save lives
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My parents encouraged it as a family event. First on Pong, then Atari 2600, then NES, then Sega Genesis....and so I continue with my children.

Also, my brother's life was saved twice by the same children's hospital. This is a worthy cause!
    Rijacki, Skuz, Sissruukk and 2 others like this.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

and/or would provide many with very good jobs in their future.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

14. Nennius Curmudgeon

15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Maybe Europe and Canada should join the developed world and begin taking care of themselves instead of relying on other countries to guarantee their security (US) and energy (Russia besides Canada).
    Nennius and Brontus like this.