Next TLP Proposal

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Junkieman, Oct 28, 2023.

1. jeskola pheerie

This is a way bigger thing than anyone wants to admit to be honest. I've done it several times and I bet all of us have with the exception of some people on Vox and Bertoxx.
    Skuz and FranktheBank like this.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Every TLP is full of people that are like "im gonna be 100% RA all the way to live" then they have someone die irl and take a week or two off, and just are like "welp im too far behind, ill try again next year". It blows my mind.

It's fine if you accept you are a serial reroller that "only enjoys classic and kunark" or whatever. Just be honest.

What about the unlock speed deters this? Because you dont seem to have a desire to raid. If you want to level leisurely and go level in kedge or go farm tradeskills, go for it. None of that is impacted by unlock speed.
    Vanesae and Skuz like this.
  3. Vanesae Journeyman

EZ mode true casual server

- double everything - XP, loot drops, rares, unlocks, faction
    - all keying and flagging removed
    - free trade
    - starts in classic
    - voting for unlock on a custom unlock schedule based on current expansion, prior TLP data
    - FTE enabled
    - Relaxed truebox
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Honestly, pretty good idea, just take away voting and probably FTE.
    Barton, Vanesae and ForumBoss like this.
  5. Vitaez Journeyman

Achievement based unlock like combine server would be amazing
  6. Junkieman New Member

/sigh

Hey Skuz. I'll summarize your story. See it.
    "you are wrong, because you are wrong. I am right, because I am right."

not gonna waste my time on you anymore.
  7. Kakashi77 Elder

I'm going to assume you are the junkieman I know from coirnav. If so:
    [IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Overcast451 Augur

Honestly I like many parts of the game - not just raiding!

I have raided a number of times before and I do like it. Back in the original game for quite a while, then again on - maybe every other TLP I'll raid and some I might just play for a short time very casually. Definitely raided at length on Combine and Mischief.

But I do like the casual side of the game too. I just see a slower pace as allowing a bit more of both to exist. Yeah - perhaps the 'family/casual' guild style. I make no claims on how many people would support it, but don't suppose DBG would know either way unless people say something :)

Might well serve new and long since returning players as well.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You wasted so much time making baseless accusations, snide remarks and hypocritical strawman arguments that you forgot to make a point that was worth reading.
    Have a nice day in the business department of a gaming company, Mr Expert.
    jeskola likes this.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

What I am trying to say is that the 'casual' style is supported regardless. If you want to do side questing stuff, go for it. No one is saying you have to do what everyone else is doing. But Longer unlocks don't allow for people that want faster content to exist.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

Is that when every boss in classic is killed then timer starts to unlock kunark. When every epic is earned and every boss is killed in kunark then a timer starts for velious to unlock? If that's the case, it's pointless. Everything is completed so fast on TLPs there's no point to having a system like that.
  12. Junkieman New Member

I would say that those who want faster unlock can play on Live servers to progress according to their own schedule. every expansions are already open, all that they have to do are setting up schedule.

Alternatively, DPG can release 2 TLPs with different timers, slower and faster. a few forum warriors do not speak for the whole players. We will see which portion is bigger.
  13. Junkieman New Member

omg, hello boss.
    aye, i am the one =p i am still in contact with a few members on discord, hope to have a chance to play with you.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

Sure, and the slower unlock people can do the same. What was the entire point of your first paragraph? They could release 2 servers with the same ruleset and different unlock speeds, or they could just the common sense you seem to be ignoring.

You are pushing for 6 month unlocks (or w/e timeframe you want) with a community that noticeably dies down after 8 weeks in a single expansion. You have not said one thing to dispute the original data point.
  15. Overcast451 Augur

But is that cause or effect? The community leaving?

Are they leaving because they don't want to take forever or are the leaving because they figure they cannot accomplish what they want in the short time?

Some of both I'm sure. Lot of times with summer and not gaming a lot - I don't get started until Luclin. I have some fun, play catch up some and maybe PoP raid if I can devote the time in a couple months to catch up. If not - I just have fun for a bit and leave again. So I personally have left numerous TLPs because I'm just not going to keep up.

I didn't say CANNOT, I said I won't. Because EQ is fun for me - not an obligation or a job.

I decided to actually try Quarm, the new private server with long unlocks and it's super fun. Perhaps the QOL stuff isn't there and you have to even do corpse runs, but it's the most fun I have had in EQ in ages I must admit. I really didn't expect to get into it at all, but I very much did actually.

None of the TLPs have kept me up an hour past my normal quitting time for a few days in a row like this one has, lol.

So we'll see if it can manage to keep those 1400ish players a night or not I suppose.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would suggest it is because they have accomplished what they want to get done for the expansion..
  17. Overcast451 Augur

Well, I know I have personally decided to pack it in because I don't want to devote the amount of time needed to 'keep up'.

It kinda came to me last night playing on the private server.. like, I felt this 'urge' to keep leveling, then thought.. wait.. I have plenty of time, I'm just going to sit and chat with guildies a bit.

Just that one thing - the lack of feeling 'rushed' changed the whole game for me.

Subjective - I know. :)
  18. CdeezNotes Augur

How is 3 months for 5 levels and maybe a couple hundred AAs resulting in feeling rushed? Especially with all the bonuses each year
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How does the time needed to "keep up" change if you have 6 month expansions versus 3 month (or shorter)? Either way you need to spend the same amount of time in order to complete content. The suggestion that people leaving at the 8 week mark because they have completed what they want for the expansion means that they are "keeping up" in 8 weeks.

If there are people who want to take it slower they can do that on a TLP server and they are not forced to rush to the latest expansion. Just look for more people who want to take it slow and work with them to take it slowly.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. jeskola pheerie

That means you aren't enjoying playing EQ, you like to chat.
    code-zero likes this.