Duplicate Game causing computer to crash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Khiller, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Khiller New Member

No, screen just goes black. Not logging out. This log was after it caused my machine to crash. Grabbed the log when it restarted.
  2. Khiller New Member

No I am not logging. Screen went black and PC rebooted. Grabbed this log right after computer rebooted.
  3. Cairbrae Developer

Sorry for the misunderstanding as I wrote "toggling" not "logging". Still I believe you've given me enough info in this thread to identify the issue. You mention Discord crashing and this part of your log is related to D3D device initialization and especially resets.

[Wed Oct 25 14:43:58 2023]01235:knockout 3
    [Wed Oct 25 14:43:58 2023]00220:Trilinear Mipmapping available.
    [Wed Oct 25 14:43:58 2023]00221:Vertex Shader Version: 3.0
    [Wed Oct 25 14:43:58 2023]00222:pixel Shader Version: 3.0
    [Wed Oct 25 14:44:04 2023]01236:knockout 3

We have a known GPU resource leak during device reset that we're working on. This normally reproduces by toggling between full screen mode and windowed mode many times. This can leak GPU resources that can eventually cause the app to exit (or crash). This bug can even cause other D3D applications to crash because the GPU is shared. I think your 4k display scenario is using enough resources to manifest this bug.

Thanks for the bug report.
    Hobs, Skuz, Thunderkiks and 2 others like this.
  4. Khiller New Member

Thanks for the update. Yes I normally play in Windowed mode. I frequently tab out to browser.
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

Oh if you guys can fix the reset device ting on tabbing out of full screen mode I will be so happy! This bug is super frustrating, but not as frustrating as people trying to force (force is bad word, strongly suggesting is more like it) me to play in windowed mode!
    Hobs likes this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

There is a solution out there that allows you to play in something called Emulated Full Screen. Looks and acts like full screen but the OS and the game detects it as Windowed. The solution is not free but it really works well.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

my main pain point is my wandering hand. It always brings up the task bar at the worst possible time. Does this fix that also? If so can you tell me what the program is? A PM is also ok if you would rather do that.
  8. Cairbrae Developer

This is probably fixed on Beta today (but not Live!). Remember to re-patch first.
    Hobs, Skuz, Thunderkiks and 1 other person like this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

<3 <3 <3
  10. Lodestar The Undefeated

Is this a DX11-related fix only? The reason I ask is: I can tell DX11 changes were made on beta today, and therefore wondering if this fix will only work once DX11 is rolled out?
  11. Cairbrae Developer

Currently yes. The issue is being tracked separately for DX9 too.
    Hobs and Skuz like this.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

Suffering the same issues as the OP. Doesn't appear to happen on Beta or Test, dbg.txt filled with knockout 3 messages and my system becomes almost completely unresponsive requiring a reboot to fix.

I use ALT+TAB very heavily.
  13. Khiller New Member

Will the issue I am having with the memory leak be fixed as well?