Laurion's Song - status on missions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zenranger, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Zenranger New Member

I haven't seen an update recently - last I heard there were going to be 2 missions, but 1 was broken and the other looked fairly complex.

Have there been any changes?
  2. fransisco Augur

Its beta. You can be sure they are still designing the missions. However the count is probably set. Theres only 1 dev who does missions/raids and he refuses to each other people how to do it (which is a sign of a terrible senior dev). So the count is set.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lies!

Raids were done this year as usual by 2 people. Not sure if Pip has been involved in this years missions as he has been helping Aristo out.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

We don't know for sure that he doesn't teach other devs. Remember, we lost 3 in the span of a couple of months before the xpac was announced and beta opened. It is possible that, minus Qwalla, one of the other two were working on missions before exiting.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

I once had a job where I was the chief designer, engineer, crew-lead, programmer, and tech support of Building Automation systems. I was seriously overworked and management's go-to response was for me to train the entry-level people I needed to help me. And I'm talking about building trades kind of work that typically involves 2 or 3 years of apprentice-level work to become proficient!

But at the same time there were serous cash penalties for non-completion of the projects, so I had no choice but to also keep performing the actual work itself.

So just when - exactly - was I supposed to carve out the time to train my helpers when I was already working 70-80 hours a week just to tread water? The trainees were like poorly housebroken puppies underfoot.

I don't know Absor's situation exactly, but it's at least possible to believe he finds himself in the same sort of no-win situation I found myself. No matter what the actual situation, it's management's job to implement a solution. That's why they get paid the big bucks. In light of the staff turnover I would say they have other priorities.
    Hoss Mage, Sancus, Windance and 5 others like this.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

I find myself in the same situation here. I am an archivist in the new position created this year. I do accessioning, finding aids, arrangement, disaster recovery, and digitizing. My manager wanted me to teach our hourly how to operate the scanners I use for digitization, and that turned into a two-day course, and the hourly still can't operate them (so, either my teaching method sucks, or the hourly can't honestly understand the complexity of the scanning software).

So, yeah, Absor could be finding himself in a position where training someone else, especially during beta, is impossible, especially if he had already trained someone that was lost, as I mentioned.
    Skuz, Metanis and Fanra like this.
  7. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You have to start somewhere. You start with small administrative tasks that they can pick up, have them do your documentation while your working outlining your processes. Even if you hired out experienced contractors you're still going to need to get them up to speed on your existing work.
  8. Marton Augur

IIRC some collectible sets used to drop from trash in missions. How we get the sets now?

Edit: We killed some trash, not all, in the one available mission and didn't get anything so maybe they are dropping and we were just unlucky.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm not sure this is really a question. I mean, either they have less collectible sets or they just put them on random trash mobs in zones or have them be ground spawns.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Marton Augur

I know they can put them on trash in zones (or gs). But did they/is this on someone's list of things to do?

I'm merely trying to bring this up to someone's attention so hopefully it won't be overlooked.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

We've had crickets & tumbleweed since Absor let the cat out of the bag, whether it will be properly addressed is completely up in the air right now.
  12. JeffHanson Augur

If your expansion lasts longer than four missions, seek medical attention.

Two missions seems safe to me.
  13. Ashigaru Augur

Is the 2nd mission working yet?