Hot Zone gone cold - no bonus xp

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Faent, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Faent New Member

Hot zones aren't giving bonus XP. I noticed in blackfeather roost (Lvl 60 hotzone quest, and now in Drunder (Lvl 65 hotzone quest)
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are those the hot zones offered by Teek or the ones listed elsewhere like on Allah?

I would check but not all servers offer the same hot zones at the same time and no idea what server your on.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Contrary to what all the sites say...in that they rotate every patch...the hotzones actually rotate every time your server resets (maybe just PoK). Back when I actually did them, sometimes they would be different from day to day.

Always check with Teek in PoK to make sure what the zones are.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Faent New Member

Sorry, I put that information in the initial petition. I'm on the Tunare server and yes, they're from Teek. Same thing happened last night when I accepted the hot zone quest.

Cheers
  5. phattoni Augur

hotzones do not give the bonus exp messages, only bonus exp gives that message, the hotzones have increased exp, you will either notice it or not, there is no message saying you got bonus exp in these zones.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I don't know whether you are right or wrong, but this type of report should come with a bit of data. Did you kill a mob when the zone was not tagged as a hot zone, then kill the same mob while the zone was tagged as a hot zone to compare? If so, what were the results?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They rotate the first of the month. Its listed on the calendar in game.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think this is what happened. We were getting bonus messages recently from the special and now its over so maybe thought the message was from the hot zone not the special
    Barton likes this.
  9. phattoni Augur

think you are right :)
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I know what the calendar says...but trust me, they'll reset when the server resets. Drinal used to get bad cases of the "downsies" and the server would reset multiple times in a week. Teek would have different zones every time it came back up.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I agree with you. But the calendar is the official notification. The server resets that reset Teek are few and far in between now. The last one I remember did not reset Teek so maybe they improved it.

Just like they have changed Loyalty Tokens. But no one has noticed I guess.
  12. Barton The Mischievous

What changed?
    They are more consistent?
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They show on my tracking sheet as awarding partial amounts to bring you to cap. In the past they would not award less than the full amount your account was flagged for if it would total more than the cap.

Example: old account has 100% velocity and is All Access so he has 5760 as cap, so if he is below 120 difference from cap he gets full token amount of 120 awarded each award day which is Thursdays. Had 5719 last Thursday. When I checked his award today (Thursday one week later) he is showing 5760.

That is a 41 token difference. Normally he would not have been given the 41 tokens. I would have had to spend down below the 120 tokens to get the award since they used to only reward the exact 120 for fully vetted accounts.

But I had noticed this a few weeks earlier on some other accounts and thought it was a bug. So its been doing this for about 3 weeks. Because I have so many accounts I do track this so I know when we get them and if they skipped a week. They have been right on the money for quite a while now as far as awarding them each Thursday.

Hopefully it is not a bug and will be left in place unlike the Krono to Silver that everyone ruined:(
    Barton likes this.
  14. Barton The Mischievous

Nice I had not noticed this