Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Marton Augur

'Named every 72 min' is pure garbage.

I've spent 3 - 4 hours at camps every evening, for days, with no named at all.
  2. CdeezNotes Augur

What game have you been playing? Missions have been a focal point of gear acquisition many years longer than other means. As early as LDON you saw a shift from open world to instance farming. You're talking 20 years vs 3.
    Nennius and Metanis like this.
  3. Gorg00 Augur

Are you sure you were actually killing anything? I don't think I've ever gone more than like 60 minutes without getting a named spawn in any camp in NoS.
    Flatchy likes this.
  4. Marton Augur

Yes, piles of corpses all around would suggest that I'm indeed killing things.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Gorg00 is the reason why you can't get your nameds to spawn on a 72 minute average. There must be balance to the universe, yin and yang, light and dark, you spend days and Gorg00 spends minutes on nameds.
    fransisco, Metanis and Gorg00 like this.
  6. Buds Augur

Missions have been in the game, but not the focal point of leveling and for loot. Some were just for flagging, which is the worst thing EQ did. I started with the original EQ and that is what I personally like. Going into dungeons, camping named, killing mobs for exp.. I'm not big on just running a few scripted missions over and over again. Glad they have them in there, but I like the open world, exploration and killing of mobs at camps.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Not to mention the "named" that don't have random chances, but just spawn on a long timer like Gloomfang in DoDH. That thing really should be taken off the hunter list in my opinion.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well the reason I am concerned is that they will likely make the 2 they do keep the complicated pain and irritation to do ones. Which raid geared folk will still speed thru. (no shade on raiders they deserve the easiness of group stuff due to the gear they worked for). Going from 4 to 2, in my opinion, increase the chance we will get 2 crappy missions.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

So they will give us more info on person'a once this topic hits 2k replies?
  10. FranktheBank Augur

heh... Although I have to imagine Klanderso has some ideas by now. So maybe by Halloween.
  11. bortage spammin lifetaps

i'm going to use personas to level sk on my sk
    Buds likes this.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Was at Rock Lobber camp yest for 3 hours and killed 5 Named. Not one namer though heh.
  13. Mikana Augur

Hah, when doing Hunters in Shadeweavers, both I and some ofher guildies spent multiple 6-hour sessions before certain named showed their faces.

The RNG is a fickle mistress...
    Nennius and Sissruukk like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Yes, she is. And I am convinced that she holds grudges.
    Velisaris_MS, fransisco and Barton like this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Really? We used to do mission runs of all 4 missions all the time. Id also hear others doing the same.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  16. Alnitak Augur

Yes and No.
    In recent experience bonus events I have ran Door mission multiple times in a row and did not do other missions. Here is the explanation - between me and my wife, we can field 6 groups capable of doing Door mission and quick-burn those in about 90 mins or less. But it takes a toll on us, we basically get tired of EQ in those 90 mins and see 4 hours of mission timer lockout as a welcomed "EQ break".
    Sure, we could do 6 more missions (say, Spirit Fades) but we'd be totally repulsed from EQ
    after that. So we come back 4 hour later and do 6 more Door missions. And again 5 hours later.

36 toons, 7800 AA's per day between them. 4860 mission coins to spend. All Tier 2 augs, all TS invisibles. Just 1 mission in the expansion.

I am tired. Need some LS to change the scenery.
  17. Tuco Augur

My brother, I'm not one to talk but when you login and head to your character select screen is this what is presented to you?

Nennius likes this.
  18. Alnitak Augur

Tuco likes this.
  19. fransisco Augur

This begs the question - how does one avoid offending her?
    Or even better, how does one sweeten her up?
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

Licorice