Moloing to 60+ - Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sakuraba, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Sakuraba Augur

Hey folks, for some reason I got the sudden tug to mess with the TLPs again. I was intending to level either a Mage, Ranger, or Shaman but I'm not much of a boxer. However I've also molo'd all three classes with nearly no issues up to 65-75 on live.

Is it about the same on Mischief currently now that we have mercs and stuff, with relatively the same path?
  2. Barton The Mischievous

Should be able to molo up to near max with a strong class not sure on the exact same path different people use different paths or on time taken, only difference other than a few zones maybe would be that some of the super duper powered live buffs you can get once your like early 60's may not be around yet
  3. Sakuraba Augur

Ah gotcha, thanks!
  4. Captain Video Augur

Mischief should work exactly the same as Live going from 1-75 in any class of your choice. A few classes might struggle a bit in the 70-75 range, but it's still doable. Ranger, Mage and Shaman are all easy. From 75-85 is more work as a molo for all classes, but it can also be done. You'll get a J5 merc to start if you want it, no need to do a quest anymore to unlock that, but they are more expensive. I've levelled on Live to at least 60 with an A5 merc before switching over; by then you should have enough of a plat reserve to pay for that.
    Sakuraba likes this.
  5. phattoni Augur

should be similar to leveling on FV if you have ever played there, with the exception that there is better low level selection of gear in the baz.

you can fully gear a toon in 100hp/slot gear(level rec gear) at level 1 with a few thousand plat.

the cheap level rec gear is cool, because it will grow as you level to a certain point.

i think one of my toons i decked out in full level rec 60 gear at level 1 for a few hundred pp.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Even on live servers I equip characters in mixed Luclin / Velious / Kunark era droppable tradeable gear. No required level stuff is cheap and droppable tradeable means sell it off when done with it (often for more than you paid if you shop well to start) and certainly good enough for places like Greig's End that will get you 60 easy.

With Temp and Harnessing of Spirit, gear is even relatively optional.
  7. Dixa Augur

at 70 is when it starts to get tougher on mischief. the xp drops to 1% or less for yellow cons in the hotzones. the merc tank really can't tank anymore if you are maining a healer and even then you will burn a lot of blue juice on heals to keep him up. mob hp jumps, mob damage jumps and you stop earning auto aa.

1-70 is done in 2-3 days. 70-85 will take several weeks of daily play. hot zones stop at 75. defiant gear stops at 70 i believe. if you are maining a tank, expect it to cost nearly 2 krono to upgrade it at 75 if you go cheap, 12+ or more krono if you try to get eon gear.
  8. Numiko Augur

remember too you will be stuck with a J1 merc till you can do the quests for the higher tier ones, there is no simple quest to jump to J5 on this server, but they do have merc AA's enabled which may help some.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

lol what...

J1 and J5 havent been a thing for a bit
    Barton and jeskola like this.
  10. Captain Video Augur

J1 mercs no longer exist. The only Journeyman mercs in the game now are all J5, and you don't need to do a quest to unlock them, they are available at level 1 if you want them. The only issue is generating the plat you need to pay for them when they're up.
  11. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  12. Barton The Mischievous

Not anymore
    Code:
    Game Update Notes: May 18, 2022

*** Mercenaries ***

- Mercenaries have been simplified. There are no longer Tiers of mercenaries,
    only Apprentice and Journeyman ranks.
    - - The Apprentice mercenaries are the former Apprentice Tier-V
    while Journeyman mercenaries are the former Journeyman Tier-V.
    - - You must have an all-access account in order to use Journeyman mercenaries.
    This includes temporary all access gained through using Krono.

13. Mithra Augur

It's slow but the tank merc can solo you to 85. Crescent Reach -> Blightfire Moors -> Velketor's Labyrinth -> Grieg's End -> Katta Castrum.
  14. Randomized Augur

Still lots of groups doing Kaesora and FoS, and if all else fails, I know if you want to start up an MG group, people are still happy to go there (apparently still best exp for 75+)