Guild Lobby Kidnap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

So, I am running up to the guild lobby door in PoK, when I change my mind. I turn around to run to the small bank, and bam, "Loading, please wait."

Can we get this "feature" turned off, and just have it so you have to click on the door.
    Iven, aariell_xev and Gialana like this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I believe this is an actual feature. I skip the lobby whenever I possibly can. If the lobby went away completely I would rejoice.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

You got too close get over it. I like it means i dont have to click it.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

If they could fix time to zone it wouldnt matter so much. In 20 years and a computer thats 10000 times as fast as my first one the average zone time has not changed. No other game has zone times this slow.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

How many games you play old as eq?? Yea thought so.
  6. Pops Racer Olde Faht

There's a couple of bankers in the Lobby...
    CatsPaws and Rijacki like this.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And the merchants now are also parcel senders, too.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Dixa Augur

daoc? sw:g? i play them right now actually. Everquest has had a quarter century to solve some of it's endless loading screen issues.
  9. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I thought this was true until this newest PC. For years and years I was stagnant and only ever got one small upgrade (replacing an AMD FX6350 with a FX8370). But this latest PC is a game changer. I'm running an ultra-lite version of Win11 (1.9 gb ram used on startup, no spyware and bloatware) on a silly fast 1tb NvME run by an i7-12700. Zoning is under 5 seconds for everything but PoK which is maybe 8 seconds. It's insane compared to the old system. So, while the game IS poorly coded, I'm sure, there is a way around it now. And these newer parts sill cost about the same as they did 10 years ago for the equivalent.

My friend also got a new PC and he's claiming 12 seconds from server select to being in-game. Slightly faster than me.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

I was running to the small bank area for TS stations, which the GL does not have. Someone requested something be made, so I had to turn around and head back to that area. Instead, I got snatched into the guild lobby. This isn't about load times and things like that, just the annoyance of being zoned when I didn't want to be.
    Pops Racer and Rijacki like this.
  11. Randomized Augur

I know what you're talking about with being snatched up...but I haven't never been snatched from.the bottom of the ramp. How far did you circle back towards GL zone line to get snatched???
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

I was up the ramp, but not quite at the door yet. I was trying to do a U-turn when I got snagged.
    Rijacki likes this.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I have had that happen so many times when I remember there is something else I needed to do or when I realise I went to the GL door and not the bazaar door.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And there are soul binders

And the priests that summon your dead body

And Priest of Discord to port you

Etc. In fact there are 18 NPC's in the lobby that all provide a needed feature.

Plus a few quests, connection to 3 other zones.

I used to hate the zone from Surefall Glade to Qeynos Hills cause that one will turn you around. 9 times out of 10 I would zone back into the Glade.

And yes the loading time used to be super slow and I always gnashed my teeth when making this mistake. However my Windows 8 computer has been great since I put the SSD drive in it and that zone takes less than 30 seconds.

Sounds to me like it would be easier for a player to be the solution instead of displacing a ton of other players.

Just don't go near the ramp. I think we all learned that long ago. And don't run with scissors for those of you who forgot about that one too.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Maybe you need to clean out your computer. Load times are no where near what they used to be.
    Rijacki and Randomized like this.
  16. Randomized Augur

Ah okay, it made it sound like you were headed to the small bank, then did a U-turn back to GL, and then got upset you zoned into GL :p
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

You can use taskmanager to see that the load is insignificant. The client is waiting on the server to send data.
  18. Hegsheoshed Augur

I like it. I can run over the wall from the library with levitate and zone from the top of the roof above the lobby door. I also like the the books to Plane of Knowledge where you can run over the top of them without clicking on them and going to Fear Itself where you run over the top of the body of Cazic Thule.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Uh, thanks but load times are not my problems. It was the other posters.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think you were assuming in your post that zone times are generally due to slow computers. Im disagreeing. If a significant percent of resources are not being used then its not a computer issue. Task manager shows that. OTOH if it were a computer problem then when zoning task manager would show % use climbing to 100%.