Please make alternate personas require nobles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Razorfall Augur

Because get all this cash out of the game

*giggles*
    fransisco, Moege and Nennius like this.
  2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I’d rather they add a way to juice up mission and raid chests by using in game item bought via platinum or a premium shop currency. Have it boost the odds of chase loot, a super rare powered raid item, loot increase, and trade skill drop increase.

It would be great for the game to let people spend money to boost chests.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

AP is probably discussed in the CRC
    "how can we get people to play with returners/newplayers"
    With AP people start over again and play with those players.
    That's probably their solution to that issue.

However that is the wrong approach, they don't understand how the playerbase plays.
    Does a boxer at end game do they constantly look for people to join them? No they just box. Boxing is because you want to do it solo. This game is built for "group" but people want to do it solo they box and make a group by themselves to solo.

Also, people aint smelling the roses and don't want to be around others who smell the roses.

Proof?
    All these people supporting PL'ers on TLPs.

Good service I use them.

They aint smelling the roses thats why they use PL services on TLPs.
    These decision influencers they don't understand how the playerbase plays.
    They want data and if goes against their thinking they'll constantly bombard with why why proof proof.

Common sense.
    64 bit dependency upgrades, etc. You think thats for EQ people to do cool things. Its been 2-3 years have they done cool things yet?

No, its just upgrading so the game playable. To avoid being outdated. Common sense stuff.
    All these people wanting data/proof on that stuff that is just common sense.

It's like developers back then and games back then. Common sense fun, so they do it. Zero data needed to do it. Sounds fun, is fun.

Nowdays. Provide tons of data then we will not do anything if provided and it goes against what we want to do.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

Monster missions, shrouds, thats better alternative to getting the end game playerbase to play with the newplayers/returners.

Benefits everyone.
    Those boxers can't bring in mercs, everyone gets their own rewards so boxers feel threatened, and its only better the more real players you have.

AP doesn't do squat. It's just an end game bored player something to do.
    Breaks the core EQ visions if implemented poorly in a way that breaks the game. If they have Any class/Any Race AP, thats dumb. You basically broke the core EQ vision.

The original EQ visionaries are probably spinning in their graves right now. Why they breaking EQ.
    Do that in EQ3, if you have something you want to do crazy, make a new game and do it.

There is a reason why people play TLP up to a certain point/expansion.

Ships, veicles mounts, etc, racing stuff, roleplaying stuff.
    ADDS to EQ

AP, this direction they have been using UF model, TBL, ToV... NoS model, just breaking the vision of EQ.

Changing the game, make a new game quit breaking original EQ vision.
    Thats why games come out with newer versions, which version do you like the best?
    Can't do that really if you do it in the same game.

Game addition, improving. Then theres gamebreaking. AP that breaks the original EQ vision. Roleplaying. 1999 Vision of EQ.

You want to use a new vision. Make EQ3, 2023 vision. Keep the EQ 1999 vision the same, quit breaking it.

btw 80 10 10.
    Thats what EQ2, 80% same.

You look at why EQ2 failed its because they tried to make it like EQ. Group game. Then they turned it into WoW, solo game.

Learn from your past.
    80 10 10, failure in the past.

Do 50 40 10, 40 40 20.

This game likes to keep doing the stuff that received well.
    UF, first expansion everything end game. Received poorly and when compared to the previous expansions before it.
    Every expansion since UF they have been using UF model. 100% end gameplay only.

SoD, before UF, SoF before UF, TBS before UF. had content where a player has places to catchup in.
    SoD, great
    SoF, great
    TBS, great
    UF, poor

EQ's logic, lets continue with the UF model, 100% end game only.

EQs ranking top 20 top 10 back in SoD days.
    EQs ranking since doing the UF model, 49/140. Worse and worse year after year.

Point is, they do stuff the wrong stuff. They don't do the right things from their past.
    80 10 10, EQ2 did that, group focused everything like EQ.
    a year later shoot lets make more like WoW, should have probably innovated a bit more.

50 40 10, 40 40 20. Not no 80 10 10 for EQ3.

You want a game with a proven track record of going from a newer version of the game.
    GW2. They didn't do no 80 10 10.
    GW1 was even more successful as EQ.
    They could have went with logic, GW1 so successful why change, lets do 80 10 10.
    Wrong

GW2 did more of a 40 40 20. Still same ol tyria, still everything you know from GW1. but MODERNIZED and some innovations.

GW2 wasn't a flop like EQ2.
    EQ2 80 10 10, flopped
    GW2 40 40 20, still making new ideas, WoW is stealing from that game. If WoW is stealing from you, you doing something right.

Mount system, the dodge system, thats pretty much GW2 influence. Combo fields.
    EQ is so far behind,
    mount system garbage
    fishing system garbage
    dodge system doesn't even exist
    combo fields doesn't even exist

You think EQ is keeping up with others? It's wayyyy behind times. What have they been doing the past 10 years year after year?
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

Literally nobody likes monster missions or shrouds.
    Andarriel, jeskola and aariell_xev like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

You are evil and I mean it in the nicest possible way. :)
  7. Moege Augur

So your request is make it unusable on TLP's. Fine by me. Adding +1 to your original post.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

How would it get "cash" out of the game? Only those who have been playing a long time have a lot of plat. For all others, like those returning or the ultra rare new player, they would not be able to use the feature without paying real money (i.e. cash) by buying krono to convert to plat or nobles.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

You can buy Nobles on Oakwynd, so I assume they're on all TLP.
  10. Corydon Augur

Pay to win much? Just No. Please... No!
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If the devs wanted cash out of the game they can just nuke it all.

This idea gets Nil points.
    Barton likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Don't give them any ideas. They'll probably make it something like mercs where you have to buy the equivalent of Bayle Marks for 15 mins of persona time, or charge platinum per 15 mins.

*GASP* I just gave them that idea!
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

A lot of people are saying this is a great idea. It would generate huge amounts of cash for the game.
  14. Barton The Mischievous

Who? and Where?
    Because they scrapped some personal loot chest buy a key nonsense in EQ2 from backlash from the players
    If they can't even push that nonsense in EQ2 It sure won't fly here
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

Literally thousands of people have expressed their support for this amirite Captain Video?
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

They message me on Reddit, Discord, these forums and approach me in game telling me, “Kush, I want to spend more money on EQ, but the game is so cheap.”

These beautiful, hard working people just want to spend bigly and get the best loot.
  17. Barton The Mischievous

uh huh sure

No thanks on the P2W nonsense.
    the Pay for Advantage nonsense we have is already bad enough
  18. uberkingkong Augur

Game really didn't need AP to begin with. No one was really talking about it before either.
    It's not good at solving any issues either.

AP
    does it solve people boxing
    no
    does it solve people catching up have no one to play with
    no
    does it solve LFG window being empty
    no

solves nothing.

Just breaks the game vision.

Can you make $$$ off of it, sure. That'll tick people off though. Spent all this time on some feature with $$$ can use?
    My expansion dev time spent on a feature that just generates $$$.
    Buy the expansion.
    Buy expansion AND give them more $$$ just to use it.

Good way to tick off people.

Heroes forge that needs to be free. Just think they could do the samething with AP how they do heroes forge currently.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It’s not Pay to Win. It’s Pay and Win.
  20. uberkingkong Augur

Your not winning at anything its more of a
    Pay for Convinence
    Pay for QoL

EQ is pretty much one of these games where you gotta do a lot of work just for QoL

boxing, thats tough
    figuring out what to do, thats tough
    using a wardrobe system, QoL gotta pay for that

so much work so much $$$ just for QoL. Thats EQ