Persistent Illusion AA not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ran Dall, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Ran Dall New Member

Lvl 80 Magician. Paid the 30 AA for Persistent Illusions. Pop Elemental form illusion and upon zoning the illusion is gone. Can't imagine this is supposed to be the case.
    Thanks for your help..
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Nothing in songs window will persist on zoning. Persistent illusion only works on bene buffs (effects window).
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Persistent illusion is for YOU not your pet.

Refer to this chart, and re-read that AA description (written in their typical fashion).

notice it says "YOUR beneficial illusions" not pet.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

This is for Elemental Form.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Oh! I apologize, I don't even know what that is.

I should have known you knew what you're talking about. /bow
  6. Ran Dall New Member

Gotta love it.. I knew before I came here I had gotten screwed by the wonderfully inarticulate description of the AA. 30 AA for only one thing.. to make your illusions persist. I mean the AA Elemental form -should- persist on it's own since it is a "permanent" illusion to begin with. Of course, the whole, "we don't reimburse AA" purchases is a great coverall for these kinds of issues. After all these years you'd think I would know better...
  7. Kaelwyse Journeyman

If I recall correctly, the illusion from Elemental Form goes in the Song/Short Duration buff window.

This is unlike most other buffs that have an effect/illusion component. In every other case I'm aware of, both components go into the the regular buff window.

I would speculate that that is the cause of what you are seeing. I would still call that a bug. You have an illusion, and it isn't persisting. But I suspect Persistent Illusion isn't totally broken for you. If you use an item/potion, or have an enchanter project an illusion on you, I suspect that it will persist across zones.