Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Why would we? This is the official EQ forum...as in run by and moderated by Daybreak.

Why should we be required to use a 3rd party website to find out basic information? That's what these forums are for.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats too bad i actually hope it was instant whenever and if i had a bad pull i could switch to my enc for aoe mez. If i box its usually ranger and mage. So if its ooc guess everyone will make a bard for selo's and double invis.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This made me laugh a lot, only because a fair few people actually considered this a possibility.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Rarely, as my main acct is banned because I defended the previous CM and the ban is being upheld for some reason by the current CM. Which is laughable unto itself.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You sure there isn't a bit more context there, that you are aware of surrounding the issue? And possibly others are aware of also?

Perhaps the reasons someone is no longer employed are related?

Also you aren't actually supposed to discuss moderator actions here.

Many of us might be dying to know more though ;)
  6. Szilent Augur

Don't go nuts speculating. They never even cleared the automod's ban list after disabling it for being wildly overzealous. There aren't deeply thought out decisions being made over there on Discord.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

No, I work during the day when most Discord activity is happening between the players and devs. That is one of my frustration with communication from the team: they don't post on the forums to let those of us that can't DiscordQuest know what is going on.
    Marton likes this.
  8. Barton The Mischievous

You are not required to do anything.
    If you want to go to where Devs post things, then the Official Everquest Discord Server is a place where they do post some things and if you make a choice to use it you could see those posts
  9. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Anyone else feeling a bit conflicted about playing alternate characters on the same account? I have a Mage that I keep caught up with a Necro I have maxed on the same account. I really don't know what to do with the Mage now. There's no real time frame or information about Personas, but I feel like I'm just finishing it out for no reason.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Szilent is right. It's not that deep. Accendo was too stupid to understand what the conversation was about, so he banned me and even though he is no longer employed at the company, our current CM has decided to uphold the ban based on nothing. I don't even think the 'aggressor' was banned? He has also corroborated my story that he himself was accusing and I was defending.

It's more comical than anything.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Oh I'm so out of practice!

I meant to imply that i know the other context, not that I'm curious.

Also meant to imply that was a weird thing to post here. Because of the rules, and what shall we say? Now we do 'Discord Dish'?
  12. Marton Augur

No, I don't read discord.

We have official game forums. One would hope any info is/will be communicated to players on these forums.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

Sorry Frank, Sissruuk other that have legit problems with Discord

I posted poorly
    I am fairly certain ......was fairly certain that others saw what klanderso posted and that they are also participating in this thread and could have relayed what I did but for some reason chose not to.

Heck I could be wrong about that as well maybe im the only one that saw what she commented.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

I like the devs and think it is great that they engage people. I sometimes post on the #pets-of-norrath section of Official EQ Discord, where Meeko and Klanderso often come by. But I don't have time for much more than that, so it is hard to keep up with what is being talked about real-time. I commend the devs for their interaction with the community overall, but they aren't using all their tools for communication, i.e. the official EQ forums. Even a weekly update would be nice. It doesn't have to be a long post, just something to say, "Hey, here's what was discussed this week in Discord," then let others fill in the blank to catch the rest of us up. Instead, we are sitting on page 39 of Perspeculation before we know what Klanderso said in Discord.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

Im actually fine with them choosing to use Discord to communicate. I do wish we got a better idea of what they are doing. Not just in beta, but during the year as a whole.

I think it would do a LOT to mend bridges if (for example) once a month the CM posted this summary;

September at a glance
    - Absor finished up 2 raids for next expac
    - Ngreth fixes a lot of bugs with Mischief/TB and some live issues
    - Pip made a sandwich
    - Meeko fixed some FTE bugs.

etc

Or leave people's names off and just list departments.
    Barton likes this.
  16. Barton The Mischievous

A monthly update would be cool.
    I need more info on Pip's sandwich though
    adetia likes this.
  17. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Persona switching tied to some resource would add new ways to play the same content, possibly new challenges. Let me fight the same mob and switch from bard to necro to enchanter to whatever, just make it burn up a resource.
  18. Ghaleon Journeyman

Why in the world would we want there to be some new kind of resource needed to change classes? The only requirement that there should be is a timer cooldown between swaps. Make it follow the same rules as merc timers.
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I do not care what the resource is, elapsed time is fine, endurance is fine, mana is fine, hp is fine. Just let people swap characters provided the resource is available. Not at the login, not ooc regen, etc. Let people play with doing battle with class options at their immediate disposable.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are unlikely to change it to anything other then OOC and limit what zones it can be done to prevent players from doing things that they don't want them to do by swapping personas anywhere at anytime.