Overseer common agent

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hky2, Oct 18, 2023.

1. hky2 New Member

Is it a fast way to remove common agents? Once I start/finish/auto fill a overseer quest, the game got freeze about 1/2 mins. I used over 2 hours for clean common agents. Is it a way to retire common agents?
  2. SteamFox Augur

No, you have to do the convert quest to change them into at least green agents before you can retire.
  3. Windance Augur

This is one of the frequently asked QoL updates folks have been asking for.

#1 - Some way to mass convert -- or --
    #2 - Some way to turn off getting new agents -- or --
    #3 - Some reward for retiring agents outside of getting more agents or overseer xp ( both of which are maxed )
    Bobokin, Barton and Nennius like this.
  4. kookoo Augur

that was for one account ?
    i had to do it as well since new expansion is in december , i had like 10 duplicated for each common agents , took me several hours per accounts .............................( i got 6 accounts ). i do this about twice a year .
    i will have to do this again soon or later for the uncommon agents , with all the common conversions they are piling as well ( at least i can retire them to be faster ), i wish we can have someday a mass conversion or if the duplicated agents could max at 4 or 5, each....................
  5. hky2 New Member

I used over 4 hours to clean duplicated common agents, still have over 10 duplicated command agents. And I retire over 100 uncommon agents.
  6. chronicler Augur

100, that was not many, I usually convert 300, to get down to 350, where the lags go down
  7. Moege Augur

How many mistakes did you make and retire the last one of an agent. After a while my eyes cross over.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  8. fransisco Augur

I stay ahead by always doing a conversion as my first mission. Then I don't wait because after the clicking to start 2-3 more missions, the conversion is finished. Then I might do another conversion, and do more mission clicking stuff.
    All in all, I spend no time "waiting" for the conversion missions to finish. Just do a couple a day and you not only stay caught up, but will start to get ahead.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I spend 30-40 minuted every 3-4 weeks doing conversions. Six accounts, I do three at a time, so about 20 minutes per 3 accounts. Once you spend the time doing the initial HUGE conversion run, it's really not that bad. 30-40 minutes every 3-4 weeks is NOT a huge time investment. Just bite the bullet, get the agents down to a normal level (3-4 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 each for rare and elite), and then you just have to do it once in a while.

My initial mass conversion (just over a year ago) was probably about 2 hours. I you have more than one account, you gain an economy of scale by doing 2 or 3 accounts at a time, just alt-tabbing to the other screen(s) while one is running. The auto-fill they added this year makes it faster, and with yesterday's patch, they removed one click needed for every conversion, as well :)

We've known this was an issue well over a year ago. If you're still screaming about it, just look in the mirror to locate the problem, and then start converting.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Know the feeling and had to do on four accounts not i got 5 that are 1800 to 2k agents now and if i goto common my highest is 25 duplicates too time consuming i will wait til they offer us a mass conversion and if not guess ill see how high i can go before i cant use overseer anymore.
  11. Moege Augur

For some the 40 minutes is their whole playtime for the day.
    For me the time is a resentful investment so that DB's nonsense does not lag me out.
    Barton likes this.
  12. Evurkvest Augur

What amazes me is that having 1k agents can cause lag in the first place. Design and/or code must be… let’s say interesting.
    Bobokin, Moege, Tatanka and 1 other person like this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Agreed, I play only about an hour a day. I do the conversions on a weekend day, when I have a bit more time. I've also gotten in the habit lately of playing a podcast of some sort while doing it, so, hey, I'm multi-tasking ;)

I like your term "resentful investment" :)
  14. Bobokin Augur

I have been asking for Mass Conversion for years now. How hard could it be?

Nine to three would be great, but if six to two would be fine if the Overseer engine can't handle nine. Throw us a bone here!

Earning Trachs as a reward for retired Elite Agents would be nice too.
    Nennius and Elsewhen like this.
  15. Elsewhen New Member

dropdown box (agent rarity)
    number spin box (1-10) (min number left)
    convert button
    retire button

select agent rarity common - select 2 in number box - hit convert
    sends request to server, convert all agents with that is common and duplicates greater than 2.
    game comes back and adds a host of uncommon agents

select agent rarity rare - select 1 in number box - hit retire
    sends request to server, convert all agents with that is rare and duplicates greater than 1.
    game comes back and adds a a number of rare echoes to you inventory

That would solve all the wrist strain, rage inducing clicking.
    Not even asking for something to be done with the echo's. I just want a mass convert/retire
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

By the time they add this (if they ever do), you could have had all those extra agents converted 20 times over.

Just suck it up and do it, and then don't let it get out of hand again.
  17. Cannikin Augur

The conversion process would be so much less tedious if it were just an instant completion. There is no reason why you have to wait 10 seconds, go to the Active Quests tab, select the conversion task, wait for it to calculate the success of a 100% chance task, then go back to the Quests tab and reselect the Common conversion (that moves) every single time.

Click convert, instantly delete the 3 commons, add 1 uncommon, stay on the Quests tab, and keep the conversion quest selected. Anything on top of that is just a tedious waste of time and processing power.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

nah big waste of time i got accounts over 2k agents im just keep letting them add up or until overseer doesnt work anymore so sad they dont have a mass convert button sometimes there so lazy!
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I had the same amount of agents on 3 accounts. I just convert/tabbed for a couple hours while watching a movie. Becomes rote/automatic after a bit. Now, I convert/tab through my 6 accounts about once a month, and it takes less than 25 minutes. Same thing, I start a youtube video, and click away.
  20. Iven the Lunatic

On slow computers and when having more than 1k agents, it can be faster to select agents manually and not using the autofill option. Reduce your agent amount to less than 1k for less lag !

Pro tip 1: Converting agents is more efficient when boxing another account for the same procedure.

Pro tip 2: When manually selecting agents, do not click onto the down arrow to scroll down, but a bit above, to reach the end of the agent slots list instantly.