Fixed Internally Target's Target

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kenuven, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Kenuven Lorekeeper

If the window is locked, you can still resize it. Locking the window only restricts dragging it around.
    Emilari likes this.
  2. Meeko Developer(Code)

Thanks for the report! This issue looks to affect any sizable window, not just the ToT window.

A ticket has been created for internal tracking.
    Emilari and Nennius like this.
  3. Shea Lorekeeper

Not only this, but it, like the Inventory window... and all other new windows? is always 'on top' which is REALLY annoying if you happen to have your bag windows set up so that they overlap where your HoTT window is set.
  4. Emilari UI Designer

Thats a technical limitation (feature) until the entire UI is ported over, not a bug.
  5. airez New Member

so when is the plan date to have all the ui ported over because some of this is a pain in the neck i am changing my ui set up because of it sucks just seeing why they not able to do them all at once like i been doing tradeskills and it drives me nuts i can't pull thing behind the window forward
  6. Lodestar The Undefeated

Everyone should just use the old UI until ClearType font is actually clear/crisp. Uncheck the box.

In my opinion: No one should be using the new UI until devs make it readably crisp; and, the devs shouldn't push any updates to it until it's readably crisp as well.

A quarter, half, or full functioning UI is entirely useless if everything is blurry. The entire community is going to be migrained to the max with a full-screen blurshow.
    Rondor, Metanis and Barton like this.
  7. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Yup it should have stayed on test until it was complete
    Metanis likes this.
  8. Shea Lorekeeper

The new UI windows being always on top may be a technical limitation (I understand that), but it is still really annoying. From what I've seen there are 3 possible options to 'fix' it but they all have drawbacks.

1. You can uncheck the 'use new UI' box under options however from what I have seen/tested the drawback to this is that if you play full screen and alt-tab out to look at a browser etc. this causes random crashes (there are some other threads on the forums about this). This is the "ResetDevice() failed" crash and causes you to have to reload the client/kick active user from server etc. to get back in. I've seen this happen on multiple systems/configurations.

2. You can just try and ignore it but the HoTT window being on top is a REAL pita.

3. (and this is what I'm doing but again, I shouldn't have to) You can copy the EQUI_TargetOfTargetWindow.xml file from /uifiles/default to /uifiles/<some custom ui folder>/ and use that. If you are already using a custom UI it's not really a big deal, you can do the same for the window select file and inventory files to 'fix' those as well. If you are not using any custom UI, you can just create a folder and put those files there and load in game. Again, we really shouldn't have to do this.
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

The only sesnsible option is to turn the new UI OFF by default and let people who actually WANT to try and use it turn it on for themselves. At least until the whole thing is finished.