Beta bought twice, Still no access?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutunka, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Tutunka Journeyman

Bought beta now twice for the account. Yet it's not allowing me in beta and it's also not giving me the beta forums access. Yet it was takennout of my bank twice.

Any help ?
  2. Ghaleon Journeyman

Why did you buy it twice?
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nice name, though :)
    Tutunka, Randomized and FranktheBank like this.
  4. demi Augur

I just bought the LS basic expansion and within an hour i had access to the beta forums . i have not tried to go into game in beta yet but will try in the next day or 2..

have you tried using a different web browser to access the beta formus ? or try clearing your cashe and rebooting or restarting browser..
    ive never done beta before but i think you have to select the beta server when you run patch and also i think you need to do a beta-copy of your toon before you do that .. not sure
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is a new one since its not usually offered if you have already purchased a version. Example during the recent sale when I would go into the expansion purchase area it would only allow me to upgrade since I already had bought the lower version on my account. So I could upgrade to any of the other 3 but I could not buy the lower version again.

So it would be very very odd if it allowed you to buy a second copy of the beta on the same account

Can you go into your account management and then I think its purchase history and see if the charges show up? And then double check on your credit card to see if its there. Even if its pending on your cc it would still show up as a purchase in the history.

Sounds to me like the purchase is not going thru
  6. Marton Augur

Access to beta forums is immediate. You have to re-log to see beta forums. (It took me several tries to accomplish this so don't give up, it will eventually work!)
  7. demi Augur

maybe she/he bought it for another account ? nm i reread her original post .. it says for this account singular.. :( pls disregard post
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

There's a difference between a charge and a hold. You have to open a petition to have CS check what happened with the purchase.

Did you install beta launcher? Live launcher doesn't give you beta.
  9. Gialana Augur

It shouldn't be possible to purchase the expansion twice, but it is possible to purchase one tier of the expansion and then upgrade to a higher tier by paying the difference. If you find from your bank account that you were charged twice for the same amount, customer service should be able to help through a petition. If you accidentally upgraded to a higher tier, it's still worth asking customer service, but I don't know if they'll be able to refund the difference.

I don't know if people are still getting permission errors for accessing the beta forums. But if you should have access and don't, send a message to Angeliana, and she can fix it for you.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Skuz like this.
  10. Lilfella Elder

If you seriously bought the same expansion tier twice for the same account, don't do a chargeback.. work through their CS, as Gialana said.
  11. Tutunka Journeyman

Yes even now, logging into a repatched beta launcher it tells me I have 30/30 expansions. Yet does not allow me to go into the beta server.
  12. Tutunka Journeyman

You as well. haha
  13. Silvena *poke*

On your Beta launchpad, go to Advanced Tools -> Validate Game Assets. I had the exact same issue. It's one file.. it's pointing at live servers instead of the beta server.
    Raptorjesus5 and Nennius like this.
  14. Tutunka Journeyman

Situation was older CC was being used even after I tried to put new 1 on the account it would auto default back to the original CC.

The Situation is corrected now. I should have beta access guessing some time this week. Heh
    Moege and Gialana like this.
  15. demi Augur

how did you contact Customer support ? im having a similar issue about the purchase of the expansion .. got the email i purchased it in game it shows i purchased it , but my card has not been charged yet .. and i do not want to charge it again and have them charge me twice..

do i just use the knowledge base and put in a ticket ?
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

Log into account management > account history, itll show you the last 2 numbers on the card charged.

Else https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    If you get in a login redirect loop you need to add auth.daybreakgames.com, help.daybreakgames.com and daybreakgames.zendesk.com to your browsers tracking protection exceptions.
  17. demi Augur

?? huh .. thats all too complicated .. ive never had any issue with purchasing expansions in the past or DBC or monthly subs .. this is the first time in 24 years ive ever had this issue .

and I already know the last 4 digits of the card i used ..