Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would a zone in that level range attract new players? They won't care about it and the existing max level players would be upset that new useless content was added at the expense of content for them.

Lower level players already have plenty of zones to level up in and the idea of new low level zones won't help them catch up any faster.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe you can read what I wrote that we don't need new low level zones regardless of the level range of them.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Huh? I literally just explained it in the post.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Thats the point, I did read what you wrote. And if you took a second to read instead of just re-typing your same argument, you would understand. Here is the line:

So what the hell are you even replying to me with that for? Furthermore, you AGAIN have done nothing but tell people why their ideas are bad/impossible while offering NOTHING of value yourself.
    Raptorjesus5, Act of Valor and Barton like this.
  5. Randomized Augur

They'd all run into each other in the 75 hot zone as Teek dailies are very common and normally the first thing people mention when someone asks about leveling paths.

See, the mid range already has a pretty clear cut path for leveling with an incentive to congregate in specific areas within set level ranges.

This slows down/stops around level 100. At which point the number of options to to choose from start to slim up and streamline towards the current set up of expansion to expansion.

EoK through TBL could use a small bump in experience (whether it be to mobs, quests, achievements, all of it) to speed up 105-115 (100-111 was the slowest part for me).

But thats about it. New zones are not required as once you break into the 100-105 range you're consolidated as is
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

[IMG]
    When you put your mind too it, you can achieve it just like John Carmack.
    They created their own engine as well midway through.

There are next to none non raiders on Live because they never do anything for those other players. Expansions have been 100% end game, past 10 years year after year. EQ is 49/140 ranking
    EQ hasn't been in top 10 within the past 10 years either.
    Saying they lack developers is just an excuse, same excuse year after year.
    Making up excuses doesn't solve issues. Issues just get worse and worse the longer you keep making the excuses.

TBS, SoF, SoD had catchup content,
    However UF?
    UF is one of those top 3 bad decision EQ expansions.
    First expansion focused 100% on very very end game. Heavy heavy, group game focused end game too. UF was not well received.
    Yet, every expansion since UF has been following the UF model, 100% end game focused.
  7. Randomized Augur

And how many MMOs had John Carmack made? Riiiight. Exactly. Youre trying to compare apples to flex capacitors. And thats not to take away from his achievements. I've played a few of the games he's helped develop and ive enjoyed them. But youre trying to compare two entirely different worlds. It doesnt work that way

Umm...the majority of live doesn't raid. Not sure where you're getting everyone on live raids.

Umm...PoP in 2002 end game focus
    GoD in 2004, end game focused
    OoW in 2004, end game focused
    DoN in 2005, and every other expansion with the exception of TSS was focused on the end game. Definitely didn't start with UF

Do your research before posting. Please. Like im embarrassed for you.

PS - UF being group oriented wasn't why it wasn't viewed highly...

Ignorance truly must be bliss
    Skuz and FranktheBank like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

From the persona perspective, if you have to level it up from scratch, how many times do you want to run through TSS zones on repeat for each persona. Some people want new and different content to run through instead of repeating the same stuff over and over again.

It is also because the grind will be "harder" for each persona because of the flagging for content that is ToV+ will have already been done on the original aspect of the character, leaving you to have to grind slower xp through mob kills.

I have seen on some servers people selling PLs, now I can see them offering XP grinds for krono.
    Buds likes this.
  9. Buds Augur

Just let us add our alts to one character as personas. Switch from one to the other, without having to run to where your group is, reflag etc.. It would be a huge quality of life increase. I have been on my SK and wanted to use my shaman. So I need log off, get on my shaman, try to get to the camp etc.. This way I just click the shaman persona and I am my shaman.

Leveling up another shaman as a persona, on the same account is such a waste of time and effort, as I wouldn't use my alt shaman, after I leveled up the persona shaman.
    Fnyyen likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are looking for a shortcut that almost certainly will never happen.
    Barton likes this.
  11. Barton The Mischievous

As cool as absorbing old alts sounds. I have a few I would do that with.
    I think Skuz is right.

The only shortcut we will get on Personas (if they work the way we think they will) is bumping them up with heroic slots if they even do that.

Also Bristlebane is in fact all about the side hustles
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Heroic Upgrades for Personas looks like it will be implimented (going from the data-mined UI) and it also makes 100% sense to do it that way from a business standpoint.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I could see it in the shop for $$$.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I doubt it.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

If there were unexpected consequences to a choice of deity it could be fun to watch from a distance. At least for me.
  16. Barton The Mischievous

It def looks like that is how it is intended to be from the screenshots
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Dude what is wrong with you?

Ummm there are no FACTS that FTE is liked or not. Only opinion. And no I was not wrong. From everything I have seen I was proven that getting your panty's in a bunch over FTE was unfounded.

I said getting worked up about it was useless without facts.

And I am not your bro and if I was I would never admit it in public. :)

P.S. One day you will have a heart attack over some EQ feature. Let me tell you this for your own good. It is not worth it. Settle down take a breath and chill.
    Randomized likes this.
  18. Randomized Augur

This is what I'm seeing too. Pay to unlock persona slot. Pay to use 100 Heroic to bypass the tedium. Profit from both sides.

Except from me. My alts are already fleshed out and I have no intentions of creating an exact replica of a character I already have
    Skuz and Fnyyen like this.
  19. Buds Augur

I'm looking for a good quality of life improvement in the game. Why would someone want to level up another toon on an account, that already has that a character in that class? They could charge $40 a slot or whatever for a character to persona transfer token. Not sure people want to level up a bunch of personas, when they have a ton of alts already, that they put a lot of time into.

If they don't do that, I think most people would just level up a bard and mage to travel easy and coth, then switch to their main. Just use them for utility, like a wizard to TP etc.. Level them up just enough to get what you need from the class and not even worry about gear.
  20. Randomized Augur

I think this will be more of a benefit and target at TLP folks than those on live.
    And people have mentioned the issues of trying to "combine" two characters. What happens when you don't have enough bank/inventory/housing spaces to combine two peoples stuff together? Which one gets left behind/deleted, etc etc etc.

So I don't see that happening. But I do see the 100 Heroics having a rise in popularity once this drops.
    Skuz likes this.