Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was thinking more about clerics with different deity's for imbuing spells or a different levelled monk on Vaniki to do the achievements with, so I don't have to keep farming 2 sets of gear.
  2. Mikana Augur

Not sure dieties approve of you having a "side god" ;)
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

First, not even the dev behind FTE fully understood what FTE would entail exhibited by the many bugs and issues with it. They had an idea of they wanted it to do which is I guess the main difference you are trying to point out.

Second, saying "I used the scientific method" doesnt make you sound credible or smart, it makes you sound pretentious and laughable. Especially because you didnt do it, as you made a hypothesis without any observation or testing.

Third, the CRC has been told certain things about AP and have been told what they can and cant share. Waring is being intentionally (maybe?) obtuse about it and I don't know why.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Nicely put. Brell is a jealous god.
  5. Randomized Augur

Correct. In the form of 120-125.

We agreed adding more of what is already in the game is pointless. So adding a zone of 75-115 is pointless.

I said this in a full on joking matter lol
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would they bother to do that and make the system worthless?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Kaenneth like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Having a large level range especially as you get higher in levels doesn't mean that it is a good thing as it doesn't take to many levels after 100 before people in the lower level range can't do anything.

[quote="KushallaFV, post: 4251168, member: 455825"
    They release 7 zones, typically at most 2 of those zones see any real, continued usage. Sacrifice one of those zones, make a big outdoor zone style like DSH, make pockets of the zone different level.

Seeing people in a waiting lobby versus out playing the game are dramatically different. It's not even worth arguing about.[/quote]

Again, what good comes out of reducing max level content when there is plenty of lower level content for players?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure there are people who enjoy chasing achievements but I wouldn't call them a majority.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Waring, you need to re-read Gorg's post in the EQR discord, because you are doing the thing you always do again.

I agree that the lvl 75-110ish needs help. I also agree that a new 'mega' zone is a bad idea. Kushalla is too married to their idea and can't accept that while their premise of it being an issue is right, their solution is wrong.

We have a course to follow for the levels, just make it less awful; easier to kill and worth more xp.
    Barton, Skuz and KushallaFV like this.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I just think it's the only way that they ever put time into it. Expansion sales add a financial incentive and measurement, and it's a good way to set up sales for the subsequent expansion. Plus, I think that's the only time I think they would have in their schedule.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

You have my apologies. A certain teen in my house suggested that it was some sort of insult, and having taken leave of my senses and clearly suffering from a mental breakdown I took it that way and reacted. Mea culpa.
    Mikana likes this.
  12. Mikana Augur

Although it's not as popular as it was a few years ago, I still get a kick out of telling the teens that they absolutely do not get to claim "my bad" as 'their' saying ;)
    Sissruukk and Nennius like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Pretty sure Bristlebane is all about the side hustle.
    Barton likes this.
  14. Randomized Augur

15. Randomized Augur

No apologies necessary. I can see how the "clearly" can come off confrontational
  16. FranktheBank Augur

That's fair. I think it would be easier for them to turn on more xp given in certain zones, like cranking up the hotzones.
    Barton and KushallaFV like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Adding new lower level zones is not going to help the 75-110 game as it won't attract new or returning players. At most it will just spread out the population at that level even more and turn off max level players by reducing the amount of content they get even more. As it stands the new expansion has 7 zones and there are more then 7 zones for that level range already in the game.

No matter how you look at it reducing the amount of content for 120-125 is not a good idea and it will just lead to more complaints down the road of not enough content in that level range.
  18. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

The main topic of this is Personas, and they're generating buzz. It's the perfect time to add a mega-zone with New Expansion, New Feature, 25 year anniversary. It's leading to a lot of attention of across bigger communities (ex. r/mmorpg). Fact is people don't like buying a new expansion, and being told to go play in 5-15 year old content.

It absolutely would help the mid range game. Let's say there's 4 players, level 72, 75, 78, 81. Those players are unlikely to see each other in a zone Even though their levels are close enough to group and do content together. Getting those people together increases retention.

If Ry'Gorr Mines wasn't included in ToV, who would've noticed? It had 3 mercenary tasks and 2 hunter mobs. People can get those check boxes, even if the content is below their level.

There are 26 people in the Tutorial on FV right, 10:45 PM on a Saturday night. People are out there, DPG just needs a good space to put them. Live needs some love for the returning player pipeline to keep the game healthy. Veteran players are going to be leveling up personas, and people are going to return. It's a perfect time.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

You need READ WHAT I WROTE.
  20. CdeezNotes Augur

Why did you bother replying with this? He literally never said add more zones in the post you're quoting.