Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

Someone posted a screenshot somewhere in this thread I believe that showed the persona tab, and it had all the classes listed in it, not just what was available for that race. I am betting there is an achievement and/or bonuses tied to maxing out the character classes (kind of like unlocking all the classes in SWTOR gives you buffs). But, as my good dwarven cousin Nennius likes to keep saying, it's all speculation still.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Marton Augur

I find it highly entertaining that we players can keep going for 31 pages about something that nobody ever seen in action for 1 second and that nobody can try in beta or on test.

Carry on :D.

... this PA thing sorta reminds me of ship to ship ....
  3. uberkingkong Augur

He's trying to trigger people.
    mememe, 100% expansion cater to me, end game player.

druid box mage box ranger box, max level raid geared. friends. raid guild. Leveling is easy, yeah sure is.

Don't be whining the live servers are pretty much declining population. Thats what happens on 100% all the taxes goto end game players only.

EQ 49/140 ranking.

You right, end game players are funding they got rid of the millions and millions of players, those have no reason to buy NoS buy ToL, that gives them nothing of worth out of it. They go to WoW GW2 FFXIV, ESO, Runescape, they get something of worth out of it.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

It's worse than that.

The developer in charge of implementing told us that they had really no idea what the final product was going to look like. And they are in charge of creating what we have.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Where did they say that? I am pretty sure that wasn't what was said.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

Its happening, but someone or some group probably pressured the project managers, how about all classes, race change, other big time consuming changes.

So instead of showcasing they have to do crunchtime to meet these new changes, that probably not doable within the release now.

Roleplaying roleplaying. Everyone wants stuff end game raiders big benefit off of.

Any class, race changes, that kills roleplaying. That kills original EQ vision of how this game is. That kills what makes EQ EQ.
  7. Randomized Augur

8. Brickhaus Augur

You would be wrong.

Randomized likes this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

They're working it.
    They know nothing, aka can't disclose anything.

just because he said personas and alts in same sentence doesn't mean anything either.
    Nothing was disclosed except that it is crunchtime and their working hard to make it work.

No any class
    No race changes
    No anything special about alts

This is it,
    Alternate Personas - Swap between different classes quicker without needing to go by another name! With Alternate Personas, you can swap to another class while retaining your name, inventory / bank, crafting skills, keying and much more!

This video is for the person working on it,

the dev's back then, how good were developers back then?

2:30
    6 developers did the following
    In 4 years
    15 games
    engine upgrade
    atari mascot character pounce
    different platform game
    games included Doom

They made a lotta good games.
    Their work hours
    7 days a week
    20 hours a day
    FACTS, watch that video, get motivated, you want to be the best, you gotta be working night night out. You gotta be outworking everyone else.
    Those sports players they weren't gifted and born, night in night out. It's life. Thats how you become big league.

EQ is 49/140, FFXIV that game is known for a comeback. EQ though? declining. comeback or nah?

7 days a week
    20 hours a day
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

I noticed when I quoted your post, it left out the part where you said, "All because hungry content raiders. They got the project owner in their pockets."

Now, I know that there are things that make it seem like DPG caters to the big time raiders, and in some cases, they do. Raiders help keep the doors open. But to say that they have the project owner in their pockets is a bit of a stretch.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Randomized Augur

He likes to edit things about 30 times.

Also, can you say "tin foil hat" ? lol
    Skuz likes this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

They do, why is past 10 years 100% end game?
    Personas, thats not gonna benefit any newplayer/returning player. Thats 100% endgame.

I'm 125, and bored. Mine as well beat every class that available now on this character.
    Newplayer, struggling this content is just too hard now, and still no around to play with. Hmmm should I buy Laurion Song so I can start at level 1 and keep playing without anyone else, screw it I'm going to a different game, this game is old and outdated anyways, and no one around either.
  13. Randomized Augur

Because the game is old. There isn't an influx of new people to cater to.
    WoW is a ton more successful than EQ...know what WoW does? Focuses on the end game. Each new expansion is from current level to new max level. No new content for returning/new players.

These games are 20+ years old. People who have wanted to try it, have. Now it's focusing on the people who've been there for years and have done the whole leveling thing a hundred times. Now you keep them around by giving them something new to do.

AKA...new end game content
    Skuz likes this.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

EQ 49/140 rank is not WoW 1/140 rank
    EQ is why EQ2 failed to WoW

EQ/ original EQ2 was group focused
    WoW is solo focused
    they changed EQ2 to make not EQgroupfocusedlike, and more solo friendly, it was too late

They don't need to do low level content when there is already solo focused happy path to max level.

EQ though, 90 to 120. Whats the happy path, solo?

Why did EQ do TSS? They realized from their mistakes of a group focused game, people do not enjoy it and longer people are away the harder it is to comeback to a group focused game. Hence they made TSS.
    Motto was you can get from 1-70 solo. This was before mercs.
  15. Randomized Augur

1) TSS motto was not 1-70 solo. It was 1-70 in the same expansion
    2) EQ is a group based game. Why are you trying to bring solo into a group game? If you want a solo game, play one of the many solo based games.
    3) TSS did not alleviate anything from focusing on groups.

Careful now, your ignorance is starting to poke through again.

"- Content for Levels 1 to 75: Play through every level of the game without ever leaving the Serpent "

This was what officially said about TSS. You can read up on it here.

You'll notice there's nothing said about solo or catching up or anything of the sort.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

I think that is the whole point you are missing: EQ never was a solo game. It was, and is, a game to get you involved with other people to complete content. But, lets stay on topic, please.

Personas. While Klanderso has come out to say that she was basically tossed the football, it doesn't mean that she didn't catch it. I have faith in Klanderso's ability to run this in for the touchdown. It may take a few more extra downs to get there, but I think we'll be pleased with the end product.
    Skuz and Randomized like this.
  17. DeadRagarr Augur

Thats sort-kinda-not true since Classic WoW is more popular than retail, which focuses more on the level experience than the endgame.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

She is saying she doesn't know how personas will work in regards to alts, not that she doesn't know how the system will work out when it is completed.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't mean the basics of how it is supposed to function are not known to her.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, what good does adding in personas do if players will be limited to a couple of classes due to their current race and deity?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.