Remove Truebox from Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vedian, Oct 11, 2023.

1. Vedian Lorekeeper

With the announcement to remove truebox on several other servers, is there any possibility truebox could be removed on Agnarr? Or maybe even scaled back to relaxed truebox (3/pc)?

There is no apparent krono-bot issue on Agnarr and nobody seems motivated to box massive armies. It would just simplify the boxing that already exists and a few people that are limited by hardware or ergonomics may round out a 6-box with an extra sub or two.

The server is very friendly and people are almost always willing to drop their boxes for humans. There is no apparent downside for DB or the players to remove or scale back truebox on Agnarr.
    Ferledon, Dre., Herf and 1 other person like this.
  2. Herf Augur

I'm also on Agnarr and can see little reason for true-box at this point. As Vedian notes above, the server is very friendly including people multi-guilding, open plat raids, etc. so there's little worry about mage armies dominating camps at this point.

Also with the coming Dirext X related changes I know that some pople on Agnarr will lose the use of one or more boxes (old laptops they've been true boxing with) so this would help them keep some of their accounts open.
    Dre., Vedian and Sanduleak like this.
  3. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Omens of War will never unlock on Agnarr, that's the point in which we start relaxing True Box. For now, at least.
  4. Herf Augur

Depressing, but informative. Thanks for explaining it.
    Vedian and Angeliana like this.
  5. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Hopefully, the last part means it will be changed for the 25th anniversary. Because if not, servers DOA.
    Dre. and Fenthen like this.
  6. Vedian Lorekeeper

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was hoping that since Agnarr has a unique ruleset, that Agnarr could have an occasional review to see if an adjusted timeline on some features makes sense as TLP rules evolve.

IIRC the Omens unlock was implemented after Agnarr released and this change has been implemented later on other servers since none of Manger, Aradune, Mischief, or Thornblade are currently on OoW or TBS.

This wouldn't be like enabling out of era game features early. Truebox seems to have been implemented to address problems on early TLPs that don't exist on Agnarr any more even though it will never reach OoW.

Chances are high that if DirectX makes my older laptops unplayable, and truebox doesn't go away on Agnarr, that I'll be unsubbing all of my accounts rather than buying more hardware or scaling back my accounts.
    modsiw, Chyron and Herf like this.
  7. CdeezNotes Augur

Did you try buying a computer from within the last decade?
    Jedis, Tarvas and Skuz like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While this is absolutely true, I think Agnarr being the only era locked server EQ has is a "special case" server.

I would like to see it get Truebox relaxed at the very least as I am confident it helps with player-retention.

Hopefully you can carry that message to the devs, consistency is good, but recognition of unique circumstances is also valued & worthwhile considering.
    modsiw, Chyron, Brildon and 2 others like this.
  9. Brildon Augur

What do you mean? It's been the standard for the new TLPs since Yelinak/Vaniki and now they are retro actively applied it to the older TLPs much to the communities request and delight.

Why would this cause the next TLP to be DOA?
  10. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

As relayed, "For now, at least." It may possibly be revisited down the road, but as of now, this is the response.
    Vumad, Chyron, Gnomie and 2 others like this.
  11. Vedian Lorekeeper

12. jeskola pheerie

You can always add a second criteria, like server age.
    Vumad likes this.
  13. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

We back, its now 2024. I think its time to revisit. I'm bored and want to fire up on Agnarr but not with different computers. :)
  14. Vedian Lorekeeper

The DX11 update means EQ no longer runs on many older but otherwise perfectly functional computers, the exact kind that are used for truebox boxes. It seems like now would be a great time to reconsider truebox on Agnarr so that people can continue to play.
    Appren, Indigo_Quarmite and jeskola like this.
  15. Chyron Lorekeeper

This seems like a simple fix that will help new TLPs and give some life (and revenue) to Agnarr. Adjust relaxed truebox to unlock at LDON.

LDON is the beginning of some attrition as the lull of 65 begins. It's also when groups begin to spread out into instances. It's a great time for a spike in population as guilds bolster their ranks with boxes. With berserkers opening a month later, additional activity at lower levels will be helpful to have boxes to keep groups going on TLPs as the new fresh TLP is announced.

Agnarr is at a place where boxers keep the community going. Relaxing truebox will absolutely vitalize the server and increase activity.
    Dre. likes this.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Remove True Box from all servers, and never implement it again moving forward.
    Dre., Muramx and Appren like this.
  17. Circadian72 Kabuki - Agnarr

Relax Trubox on Agnarr!
    I support this message!
    I think its time to revisit!
    Croniz and Dre. like this.
  18. Cuzon Elder

As a former Agnarr player for several years, I agree that truebox needs to be removed from that server.
    Croniz and Circadian72 like this.
  19. Donroy Elder

+1 for relaxed (or removed) Truebox.
  20. coltongrundy Augur

wut? lol