BST+BARD 113-120? suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cintile, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Cintile Lorekeeper

how would you recommend the best course for getting 120 during the bonus exp week? I have a 113 BST as main, i can box a 113 bard or 110 druid instead. Just a two box.

Suggestion?
  2. Randomized Augur

ToV and ToL missions - during these 2 weeks of increased exp, i'm sure you'll find a lot of people doing those trying to jump to 120 as fast as possible as well :)
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Kenderix Lorekeeper

When is the 200% exp bonus that we had last year with the charity donations?

Just checked last year (did this stack with the progression stuff?):

• Extra Life’s Game Day is on November 5, 2022.
    • November 7, 2022, at Noon PST, we’ll tally up where we're at for collective donations. You can still donate to receive individual incentives through the rest of the year, though.
    • November 8, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. PST is when we’ll turn on the collective incentives based on the total donation amount on November 7.
    • November 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. PST is when the collective incentives will be turned off.
    • December 31, 2022, at 11:45 p.m. PST is the last day to donate to receive individual incentives.
    Here’s what you can look forward to:
    • Collective Donations (benefits all players)
      • $15,000 = 20% bonus experience gains.
      • $17,500 = 40% bonus experience gains.
      • $20,000 = 60% bonus experience gains and 25% faster rare spawns.
      • $22,500 = 80% bonus experience gains and 50% faster rare spawns.
      • $25,000 = 100% bonus experience gains, 75% faster rare spawns, and 25% more loot.
      • $27,500 = 120% bonus experience gains, 100% faster rare spawns, and 50% more loot.
      • $30,000 = 150% bonus experience gains, 125% faster rare spawns, 75% more loot, and 50% increased coin.
    [Updated - October 28, 2022]
      • $35,000 = 160% bonus experience gains, 135% faster rare spawns, 85% more loot, and 60% increased coins.
      • $40, 000 = 170% bonus experience gains, 145% faster rare spawns, 95% more loot, and 70% increased coins.
      • $50,000 = 180% bonus experience gains, 155% faster rare spawns, 105% more loot, and 80% increased coins.
      • $60,000 = 190% bonus experience gains, 165% faster rare spawns, 115% more loot, and 90% increased coins.
      • $70, 000 = 200% bonus experience gains, 175% faster rare spawns, 125% more loot, and 100% increased coins.
    Randomized and code-zero like this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

2 points:

Last year's Extra Life bonus was early November. Go to the Announcements forum and look back to last year if you want the exact dates (I think it started on the 8th).

(Edit - LOL, you WERE looking at last year's dates. Look to this year's announcement, it should be in there, the dates, I mean).

Also, don't skip Overseer, OP. You can do 10% of a level per day if you're getting level 5 missions, and as I already saw this morning, the current bonus also applies to Overseer XP, so make that 15% of a level per day. 14 days = 2.11 levels. Nothing to sneeze at :)
    Randomized likes this.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

This is exactly why we need catchup.

Recommend where to go, what to do?
    1. Extra life is happening
    ok so?
    2. Do your overseers
    ok so?

2 box 113s.
    Can a 2 box 113s do this?

No one said yet, but I can already smell it.
    Go back to previous expansions.

Heroic Vitality how much of that do you have out of 94ish?
    Oh might wanna go back to previous expansions.
    With a new expansion guess what, gonna be farther behind in AAs. They give a good chunk of HME and AC. These aint autogranted but just as meaningful as the AAs that are autogranted.
    They been making people feel farther behind for the past 10 years. Year after year.

btw RoS and TBL is pretty nasty.
    Pretty much login do overseer logout for 113 duo box.
    Best advice is to go back to older expansions for heroic vitality and such and get breadcrumbs of xp. If you die, you basically losing xp. Takes many many many mobs to recover from that 4% xp loss of death.
    So don't die and overseer is pretty much your only xp.
  6. Randomized Augur

You'll notice how I said groups form for these all the time right...why would you need to strictly box when groups are forming left and right and for the entire 2 week session.

And current content only keeps someone busy for about 6 months (and that's on the slow end) - after that, go back and fill out your previous xpac achievements. It's really not a hard concept.

Having a "catch up" isn't going to help you with the things you named. In fact, it would speed you past those Heroic stats even faster. Which is counterproductive to what you're claiming you want.

You don't really think before you post do you?
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Yes but they are 113, lets see how many heroics they have.

If they are already not doing it, then its null regardless of a catchup path. People aren't doing those so doesn't make sense to have that as a counter argument.

Groups forming left and right.
    If that was true, why do they come to forums and ask, they should be seeing these groups forming left and right would have no need to come to the forums and ask what people do.

16+ options available plenty of options for you to do at 113 to get to 120.

Meanwhile, realistic option.
    Overseer and logout. Day after day.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea if there's a xp bonus running always do overseer for xp. One in awhile ill get a nice rare quest and if it crits its nice xp 5%+
  9. Cintile Lorekeeper

Thank you for reminding me of why I left the game after 20+ years to begin with. I hate the quest in order to get any reasonable exp which is nearly impossible if you can't find a group. Overseer is the best exp possible for a box. I think I'll pass on returning and buying the new expansion. Good luck all. Hope it doesn't disappoint, but it probably will.
  10. Randomized Augur

Right, 113. Theyre not focused on prior expansion achievements. Theyre focused on leveling. Why would you focus on heroic stats from a level 100 expansion that gives no experience when you have 6 months of being max experience and can walk through that content at a later time?

And the bonus week just started like less than 12 hours ago. They may not have even had time to log in yet. Theyre asking for the best path going forward during this week

Overseer is the only realistic option if you're strictly a solo player and/or FTP.

If you're afraid of actually playing in current content because things don't just fall in your lap like they did when you were leveling in your 30 and 40s, and only use Overseer, just say so
  11. Kenderix Lorekeeper

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, I think you need to change your signature :)
  12. Alnitak Augur

Lvl 113 BST + Lvl 113 bard to 120 in 2 bonus weekends just dual-boxing ? Not realistic.
    Lvl 113 to make a progress toward 120 ? Sure. Start from Eastern Wastes questline, do Mercenary and Partisan. With lvl 113 beastlord pet you've got all the tanking you need and the bard will do some CC and dps boost.
    Once EW is completed, go to GD and do the questline in here. There is a nice quest called O.M.A.D. in GD, which consists of sequential killing of some trash mobs and collecting quest drops. It's repeatable with 30 minutes lock-out. At lvl 113 it rewards with about 3% of level experience or 24 AA per completion. With server bonus it will be a sweet 5% (reduces with you leveling up).
    While you are killing trash in EW and GD - collect collectibles as mobs loot and ground spawns. Those will give you 3% (with active bonus) per collection.
    Mercenary achievements will reward with 10-15% of the level, Partisan will give you 15-25%.
    If you see anybody offering TaskAdds (TA) for missions in ToV or ToL - get those. first time completion reward will grant you 40-50% of the level (when bonus is running). Many people offer simple group task TA's (from Partisan questlines) - do not ignore those, a 2-3% f the level freebie is nice.
    Even NoS tasks are worth getting TA's for: with server bonus level exp will trickle in.
    Run overseer tasks with character level experience reward (many choose 12 hr tasks as optimal), if you've collected Collectible Item dispensers from Overseer previously - it's a good time to use those. Buy all the cheap and affordable collectibles at bazaar and use dispensers for unavailable or expensive missing pieces.
    Check Clayton Teek bonus daily tasks, he weill port you to those, so sometimes you can get 1-2-3% of the level experience in a matter of minutes at lvl 113. Although, it's up-to Clayton to be generous on any given day.
    And if none of the aove is suitable for you (for this or that reason at times) - go to GMM and murder tons of orcs. Those give measurable experience at lvl 113 (I personally levels in there with my beastlord from 110 to 113 when ToV expansion was released.)
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You can beast / bard your way through ToV to NoS questlines for the most part no problem sans missions. There should be plenty of people around to help out on missions if you make some friends.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

You see that???
    I just said facts and facts were confirmed.

I bring up the heroic AAs because those are taken into consideration on how tough things are.
    Theres people with 0/90ish

Go here,
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/alternate-persona.292894/page-18
    Look at Skuz signature

Zuks 290k hp
    Hujax 410k hp

both 115

290k hp and another 290k hp gonna get whooped all day in ToV/ToL missions
    Actually 290k is a bit above the lower limit, theres 115s out there with just a tad bit under 200k hp
    410k 410k doable

See this, that 113, he probably 170k hp, definite 1 shot, 2 shot by ToV mobs. TBL and RoS they aint no playground either.
    ToV mobs if I recall 42k max hits quads to 6 hits. 168k 252k chance to knock your lights out.

How do you get 30k AAs,
    months years of xping or autogrant
    How do you get those heroic AAs say to 80
    months years of quests especially if your not max level and doing it current level
    no autogrant for that

Those augs, those matter, those drop, hardly any type 7 augs for sale.

113, I've been there. I know, recently.

This is actually something though.
    But memorizing all that and doing 1 or 2 of quests then logging in and having to figure whats next, thats a bit of effort, not too much, enough to burn you out.

Returner you don't want to give them stuff, they gotta figure ok whats O.M.A.D huh?
    Oh those EW giants whooped me before 1 rounded style, yeah I guess thats a no. Gotta find an easier partisan task. What is a partisan task?
    The tutorial doesn't tell about parisan tasks.
    Those mails, get outta here, I'm doing something else right now, no idea what you just told me.

Hence catchup zones.
    Catchup zones are easy, easy to know whats to do next. Less burn out from figuring hrmmm what can i do.
    Returner isn't an expert at finding stuff to do, they are clueless, hence returned from awhile ago, they have EQ outta their minds, they are playing modern MMOs easily find stuff easily get on the path.

EQ, did you do this heroic AA, you didn't know about it?
    Did you do these partisan tasks, you don't know?
    Did you download goods by chance?
    You know how to use the achievement window and click partisan?

returners newplayers they dont do this, it can be burning doing that too.
    They remember nice and chill EQ, not
    patisan task this
    mission this
    get your heroic AAs, you get from doings quests!

good grief burnout from all this.
    Give me a catchup zone over this burnout.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Most players quit for one reason or another. We'll welcome you back when you get the itch again.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. uberkingkong Augur

This is why the Live servers are how they are. Hardly any casuals, hardly any PUG players.
    This and the past 10 years year after year. UF like expansions. Not talking difficulty I'm talking very very end game only content. 85-90 90-95 95-100.
    SoD that was 70-85, some catchup content. TBS 50-70ish some catchup.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=611#NPCs lvl 75 mobs in an expansion with max level 85, what unheard off, catchup mobs. Not only 75 weak conned 75s. Easy quests just kill weak conned mobs. Kite a tough mob.

But no, current EQ is UF seriously, that's when end game only started, 100% content for end game players.
    Heaven forbid a zone for 110-115 in the latest and greatest for catching up.
    UF like only, end game players only.

UF one of the worst received expansions and they follow every expansion after that off of its motto, end game only.

Look at this, 1 Million views, comments on EQ2 is positive, it was a great game

33:00, 34:38, such true statements thats EQ2, but thats same vibe EQ1.
    game isn't badly made, but feeling lonely, progress is repetitive and slow, would be fine if I had friends, MMORPGs in modern era need to cater to solo players. Since its bad for solo players, 1 people comes quits. next day comes quits. next another comes and quits. You could have had 1000 players if they catered to people returning/newplayers. Those players never see each because they came and quit at different times.
    Coming in super motivated, lonely repetitiveness kicks in, they quit.

EQ has this same exact issue.
    Mercenaries help but at 95+, 113, this is the feeling.
    Those expansions wouldn't be bad if you struggle with others but thats not what happens.
    Single player experience lacking.

What is this person catching up.
    He has 1Million views on his YouTube, you want to lecture someone with a millions,
    "well you didn't tried hard enough to form a group"
    "there is plenty of zones out there"

You die run back die run back run back die. It don't matter if there 50 zones out there this isnt fun.

You need less zones in this case, 1 awesome catchup zone. Not current content garbage.
    People are trying to catchup, not experience the 16+ zones that you have available at 113.
    Phoebes likes this.