Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Randomized Augur

It would go by faster with more/other people and focusing on a single character while in a group.

Try playing with other people instead of attempting to make EQ a solo game?

Edit: logged into my live server and did a random search for people between 110-115. Over 120 players online in those level ranges (could be more, got 3+ "too many players" for 113-115).

Wouldn't be too hard to form a group
  2. Iuwene Augur

One way to solve the xp problem after 110 would be to autogrant the reward from the original achievemts to the AP if the main character has them.
    Lujack Dhrakoth likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would still have problems as the rewards are percentage based on your current level so it can be better to get them at higher levels.
    strongbus likes this.
  4. strongbus Augur

that be easy link the autogrant to set levels. say 115 for TOL
  5. Buds Augur

Are they making an announcement today about the Expansion and opening up beta?
  6. Kenderix Lorekeeper

I don't want to be the one to say it (and I'm not going to re-ignite the argument). But, if the persona is going to be granted massive XP bonus' because the main char has already done the progression, then it's going to be a big turn off for those of who are struggling to get the progression done on our mains in the first place.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, they aren't. It is a flat amount of experience. Which is why you can go up 2-3 levels by claiming one in the 105-110 level range.
  8. Brickhaus Augur

Pre-order is up.

No new information on this, but we now know how many slots/personas you get for each level of expansion purchase:

standard - 3
    collector - 5
    premium (and f&f) - 7
  9. Risiko Augur

Still no explanation of what exactly alternate persona means... /sigh
  10. Buds Augur

I think Alternate persona is just allowing you to keep one name, while playing one of your alts. So if you are Joe on your SK, then you can switch to your Mage and still be Joe, just as your mage now.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Everything I am reading about it suggests that you are still the same character just a different class that you will pay to use(get some with the pre order) and it isn't related to alts that are created as different characters.
  12. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

I think he meant of it more as "alternate class" not a true alt.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Literally all we know about AP:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/producers-letter-october-2023.292893/

14. strongbus Augur

we should get more info once the beta forums go live and we can get into beta
  15. uberkingkong Augur

We know more than that
    You are correct

However,
    Alternate Persona Slots * **
    Includedx7Includedx7Includedx5Includedx3

$249.99 $139.99 $69.99 $39.99

Marketplace item?
    Claimables?
    Tradeable Claimables?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That isn't how the term has been used in the history of the game and will lead to a lot of confusion if that is what was meant.
  17. Risiko Augur

Alternate Persona Slots has a * and ** next to it.

The * =
    Available to claim on Time-Locked Progression servers

So, apparently, AP is going to be a thing on TLP servers. That's really interesting.
    WeCameWeConquered and Skuz like this.
  18. strongbus Augur

just did a quick log in of beta. on the persona tab. there is one of each class and it show your current one and what level it is. you can pick 1 of each of the other classes and level it up.(depending on how much you wana spend lol.
    Lujack Dhrakoth likes this.
  19. Risiko Augur

I wonder if APs will count as Alts on the Oakwynd server to effect the amount of bonus experience you get for having more alts at max level.
  20. Risiko Augur

Do you have to pre-order the expansion to check out the beta?