Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. fransisco Augur

I bet they will let you just buy a heroic token and start at level 100 instead of 1 if you want.

I wonder how augs will work out. The only thing I can imagine is that your gear will magically go into some other space (not your bags) so that you can get a new lore item. However on further thought, that doesn't work. What if you loot a lore item that class 1 has equipped and put it in your bag. Then you try to switch from class 2 to class 1. Lore conflict. All sorts of problems with lore tags and gear
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Spells and aa are never available day 1.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Can't see why not, Heroics are just a short-cut measure you pay for.
  4. Riou EQResource

Yea, the UI does let you, or suggest it's being implemented, to use a 85 or 100 heroic for that slot if you want to jump start it
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Level 100 is sooooo far from 120 without being able to earn tov and tol achievements. AP is in a weird state if achievements aren't shared where possible.
    Fanra and Skuz like this.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

That is exactly what Final Fantasy XIV does. For jobs (classes) under the level of your highest job you get +50% if my 90 second search is correct.

Assuming this Persona system works like Jobs in that game of course.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

While it would be nice to get a % bonus to leveling personas based on your maxed personas, I also think its fine to say that the reward deserves the grind.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Not if you don't get the quest/mission achievement xp. That was the way the last few expansions worked. The mobs give very poor regular xp and to make up for it the achievements give a lot.
    GrandOpener and Skuz like this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Don't derail the thread by peddling the lie that grinding xp to max is impossible.
    Beimeith, Kaenneth and code-zero like this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I never said it was impossible. It's just very difficult, since the expansions are tuned on purpose by Darkpaw for the vast majority of xp to be gained by quest/mission achievements.
    WeCameWeConquered, Skuz and Zunnoab like this.
  11. Zunnoab Augur

Possible is never a good thing to shoot for. It's how the game got catastrophes like Gates of Discord, Underfoot, and The Burning Lands.

The fact is experience ToV onward is tuned around doing the content such that the best way for returning players to catch up is to blow through the progression in ToV and ToL during bonus exp.

Assuming this works anything like people in this topic are expecting, it's completely reasonable to bring up the the reality that grinding hasn't been even close to the optional way to level in years.
    Velisaris_MS and Skuz like this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

When they first cleared out the NoS Beta threads they forgot to lock them again. There was a brief moment in time when you could see the patch note dealing with a fix to the shroud system and inventory. It was after that was posted on this thread that someone realized that they left the Beta threads unlocked, and swiftly took care of it.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dunno about that, Klanderso said she had been working on the feauture for around a solid month which doesn't mean it wasn't worked on prior to that but Expansions are started by developers around July, the Art & environment teams begin work on it much earlier.
    Barton and Tarvas like this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Not many people in the game can grind XP faster and more easily than me. I'm telling you grinding an AP to 120 will be laborious enough to dissuade participation. But i also think DPG is likely to do something to make it easier, they have a ton of options.
    code-zero, Barton and Skuz like this.
  15. Chorus Augur

I just did the 114 to 115 grind in 22 hours, using poorly geared scrubs and no xp boosts of any kind.

Took 22 hours and my DPS was much less than what a geared group would come into ToV capable of doing. Granted it was only 1 level and the top level of that expansion; however, I did not use xp bonuses of any kind. You add in overseers, learners aura, lesson and maybe even the odd xp pot and you'll still get level 110-115 in less than a month, same for 115 to 120. Grinding 100 to 110 only takes a few hours more. It's nonsense to say it's going to take forever. 2 months isn't a big deal in a game where content doesn't take long to chew through because expansions are so very small and level ups only happen every other year.

Now if I did this by adding a toon or 2 into my main group, which does easily 3x the DPS even with a couple slots occupied by scrubs, it will clearly move a lot faster. I just don't buy into this "grinding takes forever" nonsense that keeps being spouted. Only ones that can legit complain about it are people trying to solo it, and most, not all, solo/molo groups can put out more DPS than my scrubs were doing.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Dixa Augur

now do it again, without boxing.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

If you think of Oakwynd as a prototype, it's probable APs will level to meet you main character faster than normal.
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I know right lol
  19. FranktheBank Augur

GoD wasnt a possible expac, but again - I'm not saying there shouldnt be an xp bonus, I am just saying it wouldnt be a surprising take.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Grinding from 100 to 120 over two months easily exceeds the effort many people would be willing to put in for an AP. Additionally, there's a huge difference between finishing the last level to 115 or 120 because you ran out of viable ToL/ToV Achievement xp than doing the whole stretch.

We'll see what they come up with, of all the ways that this could go wrong I'm not too worried about AP effort being too high, there's just too many ways to alleviate that and too much precedence for DPG to do so.