Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Randomized Augur

They're tied to your character, by the looks of it.
    I wonder if it'll be like merc slots where all your persona's are shared on that account. So it doesn't matter which character you log in with, you have access to all your personas (which I believe will just be that 1 to start with).

So 1 per server per account if I had to guess?
  2. Moege Augur

I am going to take a wild guess and say broken.

Overseer: XP goes to alts on same account after main doesn't need it anymore but its 2 years between level cap increases.
    Missions: If you are allowed to swap before opening the chest then possible, if you need to do the mission with the persona you will quickly become unpopular (lower level not main geared etc)

Per character as you share achievements with base character.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Per character, same as the previous features like keyrings, illusions etc.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Loss of character info seems like a real risk with AP. Here's to hoping DPG has coordinated enough resources for testing and fixing in beta so we're not all putting GM tickets in to recover our hunter achievements or whatever.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Moege Augur

Keep reading AP as Artisan Prize /shakes fist

Tradeskill depot barely worked when beta was finished and this is a much bigger project.
    Frankly this scares me silly. I will be doing a character dump / achiement dump before this goes live.
    NatazzEvoli likes this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Seems like too big a change to test it thoroughly in beta. Im thinking it wont go live till halfway thru 24.
  7. Noanir New Member

With the implementation of AP, it seems like I'll be able to deepen my attachment to 'My Character' more than ever before. However, in reality, due to the limited variety in appearances, I'll end up encountering several people who look just like me. Could AP be an opportunity to enhance the character creation feature?
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Something Id like to see in AP is the ability to use the same ornament look for all the personas, without having to duplicate the ornaments 5x. Maybe have an optional ornament tab that will always display no matter which persona you are on.
    WeCameWeConquered and Sissruukk like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I keep thinking "Action Points" from Fallout and other games :D

I'm having trouble remembering. AP is the "flagship feature" of LS, what other flagship features are announced with the expansion but delivered ~6 after release?
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

The only one that comes to mind recently was Overseer and ToV.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't remember Overseer being part of the ToV announcement rather it was announced mid year.
    minimind and KushallaFV like this.
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I looked back, but maybe it was just hearsay that I heard about something in the works but wasn’t going to be launched with ToV.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  13. Brickhaus Augur

It was March ... something to do after the debacle of third tier raids not opening because dates math is hard.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

The two that come to mind for me are the Guild TS Depot (NoS, still not in game) and Advanced Loot (TDS, took about six months). TDS also came with the mount keyring, and the personal TS depot did launch with NoS, but nonetheless there's definitely some precedent for delay.

On the broader topic, I am honestly extremely excited for the concept of the persona system, probably more excited than I've been about anything EQ has done in years. It's something where the devil is very much in the details, though, so very much TBD as to whether it lives up to the potential.
    Ssdar, FawnTemplar, Xeladom and 9 others like this.
  15. Cadira Augur

Hopefully they give a massive XP bonus to your characters' ap's.

Up to your mains lvl, of course. x3 XP or something so you can actually use them fairly quickly. I mean, you already put in the work on your main, after all. Lvling up an ap shouldn't be too big of a chore or hardly no one would do it.
    Skuz and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea they will have to do something about xp. If you already did progression you are going to need to level up purely on kill xp.
    Skuz, Tucoh and Cadira like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And have it increase based on the total number of personas you have and their total level.
    Skuz and Cadira like this.
  18. Cadira Augur

Even more intelligent. Basically same concept as legacy alts on oakwynd. They were cool with that, I don't see why this would be different (fingers crossed!)
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Similar, but I don't think it would need to be max level for this purpose.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Agreed. I'd love for it to be in release since it'd change which character I play as my main, but I'd much rather it be in a summer release and done the way we're all hoping than to be a Shroud 2.0 and released with the expansion.
    Sancus and Risiko like this.