EverQuest FanFaire, Brasse, the 25th anniversary - NEW Episode of The EverQuest Show!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

I'm especially proud of this episode. It's fun, and personal to me.

You'll also see my interview with Brasse the Dwarf and a look back at EverQuest FanFaires...

And my thoughts on the 25th, including some words from Ji Ham himself on investing in EverQuest.

Enjoy! And let me know your thoughts!
    Fading!
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you
    Hobs, Brontus and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'd really like to attend another FanFaire and would definitely move as many mountains as I could to get there for any 25th anniversary thing.
    Angahran, jeskola, Hobs and 5 others like this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Great episode Fading.
    xcitng, Nennius and Fading Illusion like this.
  5. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Great video!

Fading is right. The EQ community is hungry for more. Of course we need a Fanfaire for the 25th anything less will be a huge letdown. But we need much more. We need dev logs in web form and in video form. We need dev interviews and sneak previews. Other MMOs are doing this all the time. We need far more engagement from the devs than what we are getting right now.

We also need the opinions of the players to start carrying more weight than they do now. I believe an EverQuest 3 announcement is imminent. When that happens, all of the old veterans who stopped playing years ago and new tire kickers will arrive and they'll want to see a Darkpaw Games that is state of the art, transparent, caring, reciprocative, and passionate about the their fans. Business as usual will not cut it. Trust me on this.

We know that Blizzard has way more resources than Enad Global 7. But you can't buy passion. Passion from devs doesn't cost a thing. That's an area that Darkpaw could blow away Blizzard.

The time for a fundamental change in how Darkpaw manages player relations and customer satisfication is now, not when the new community forums for EQ3 are created.
    Hobs, Barton, Marton and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Best show on TV!
    thank you Fading
    xcitng and Nennius like this.
  7. Maedhros High King

Here here! We need a fan faire!
    Vaniddar likes this.
  8. Marton Augur

25th year anniv. fan faire will happen if players organize their own (and extend invites to current and former devs who are known to be fun :p.)

Edit: Don't forget to invite Brasse pls :D.
    Brontus likes this.
  9. Fading Illusion Augur

Thanks all!

I REALLY want a fan gathering. I know something will happen... but the scale and scope remain unknown.

I have been seriously considering organizing an Everquest event as a part of Gen Con (i am based in Indianapolis and Gen Con happens here every year. For those that are unaware, it is the largest gaming convention (mostly tabletop, but lots of video gaming) in the country with 80000 attendees, but there are lots of fan events hosted through the convention).

Fading
    Hobs, Brontus, Marton and 3 others like this.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

If the people want a 25th Event they better organize it.
    Oh hey I just realized I'm only 5 hours away from Gen Con now hmmmm
    Brontus likes this.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Love your videos and it was great seeing Linda and other old dev faces again.

I'm down for a Fan Faire. I was never able to attend in the past but I'll be there if it can be organized.
    Sissruukk and Brontus like this.
  12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Huge thanks for all your do at Allakhazams Gidono! Not a day went by when I didn't use your site when I played EQ. It's indispensable. You're a scholar, a gentleman, and a legend! :)
    Grove and Sissruukk like this.
  13. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Watching this one makes me wish I could go back in time and go to the fan events.
  14. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Did Brasse ever not win First Place at the cosplay competitions at Fan Faire? :)
  15. Fading Illusion Augur

Ya know...I'm not sure the answer to that...

I know with later FanFaires and the SOE Live, she wasn't *in* the contest, she hosted it.

Fading
    Nennius likes this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

Same, never been but would make it a thing this time.