Producer's Letter October 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Likely you share your lockouts so you wont be doing persona raids. But when comes the time that your main is fully kitted out you can use any further coin on your persona alts gearing.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

I did built such a thing some months ago...
    Call me a TLPer now !
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Risiko Augur

So, with having multiple classes on the same character that share their inventory and bank space, does this effectively make it so that all items are heirloom now seeing as all your classes on that character will have access to all items you pick up?

If so, you're about to get one of the main perks from the Oakwynd TLP server.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing that lockouts will still be shared between personas which means having alts and heirloom would still be better.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think I get where you are going with that but Legacy Characters & Heirloom are clearly aimed at the alternate characters type of player, which I think will continue to exist for anyone who wants to do the completely separate character progression and development thing.

Personas is a kind of subversion of that since your "main" can also become alternative classes and is aimed more at players who would rather not have to flag or tradeskill on multiple individual characters & would rather do all the things on just one, a player who wants to have just 1 character be able to play as all possible classes though personas, and maybe appear as all races through illusions.
    Heirloom gear for the Persona system isn't even needed a player with every class available through personas can make use of every single piece of gear they obtain unless they already have something for that class which is already better.

Legacy XP is for entirely different characters, but if that or a similar system were applied to Personas - so you get an XP boost additive for each persona slot that you own after you have maxed your main, and successive personas you own that might be an interesting way to encourage multi-persona building & drive sales of persona slots on the marketplace perhaps while also alleviating some of the excessive grind that could be perceived as being part and parcel of that system.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I concur with that, I would expect lockouts to be on a per-character basis & never on a per-persona basis, though that could depend on how the swapping between personas is handled &/or what restrictions are involved with it.
  7. Risiko Augur

If your personas share all bag and bank slots, then ultimately EVERY item they get is heirloom with out having an heirloom tag.

That's something that the Oakwynd server does not have because some items are not tagged as heirloom on that server.

For instance, epics are not heirloom on Oakwynd, but with personas, all your class would have any epic you complete because it's in their inventory. Whether they can use them OR activate them from bags is a whole different situation, but the fact that it is available to them in their inventory is 100% a new thing. I'm just guessing that their will be some items that never had any code put in place to keep them from being used by another class because up until now, there was no way to ever get those items in to another character's inventory.

This could lead to some very interesting "unexpected" gameplay situations.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Heirloom gear's point is allowing it to be moved between characters, not the same thing as looting all the gear for every class & swapping classes on one singular character - especially if lockouts are going to remain account-based (or at worst character-based if Legacy Character system goes to live), I doubt they will be Persona based.

Depends on how the buff bars work as to how exploitable the multi-epic scenario you are alluding to is, I highly doubt you will be allowed to swap to bard click epic then swap to shaman & click epic then swap to Rogue & have both bard & shaman epic clicks active on your rogue. Also Epic-Clicks can easily be class-restricted if any currently aren't already and this is assuming a Persona is even validated for Epic Quests, they may not be.

Per-Persona Buff bars (including short-term buff bar) is almost certainly going to be the standard so you cannot hyper-buff exploit yourself via a "Shared" buff bar.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What are you expecting to happen from having an epic in your inventory that you can't use in any way? Players can already complete other classes 1.0 epic quest. As of right now the 1.5/2.0 all share a lore group which means you can only have a 2.0 for one class unless things change.

They have the ability to restrict using items to the class/level that is required to use it and it is present on all epics.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I wonder if they'll solve that by either having some special handling for APs, or by being able to mark an item as "unique" or "locked" to an AP, which would solve it for all lore group items.

My plan of having my warrior use a Shadowknight AP would be 100% DOA if I can't use the SK 2.0 epic and Lich Sting my way to greatness.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would work for Epics but might not for some augs that have a lore group with casters, healers, melee, and tanks wanting different augs.
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

I'd be 100% happy if they changed every aug with a lore group to just be lore. I'm struggling to come up with a compelling case where that would create overpowered combinations of augs.
    Straahdx likes this.
  13. Mashef Augur

I would just like to add this. I hope to see more items in the expansion that are TLP claimable in a reasonable time frame. Give me a reason to buy an expansion please. I haven't bought one since Omens of War and don't really intend to unless claimable TLP items are increased. Spending $100 for a cool mount and another bag seems kind of ridiculous.

Give TLPers a reason to buy the expansions and watch your revenue increase!
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Transporters are a big one.
    Tradeskill depot was another (imho)
    The Persona thing has me intrigued, I might play live again just for that, not sure it works on TLP with the short time between expansions.
    code-zero, Mashef and Nennius like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I wonder if that feature will be available on TLP's or if it will be locked to this expansion. If it isn't it could be a nice selling point for the expansion for TLP players.
  16. Risiko Augur

I would buy the expansion and use it on the Mischief server if it worked on TLP servers.
  17. Riou EQResource

They have Lore Equipped Groups and such too that they could use instead of straight Lore Groups to make it probably nicer for Personas
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Mashef Augur

Some good points on those two but hard to justify the price tag I suppose for content I won't most likely play. A TLP package of features from the expansion or something where you can get some of the claims but not the content at a much better rate. I feel there has to be more TLP people interested in some of the things that come with these expansions that don't pull the trigger just cause of the price tag.

Like what they did with the House of Thule package that is on the shop. If they had a package for every expansion like HoT Collector package I know I would probably buy the expansion package every year. Seems like an easy cash grab. Hard to believe I am alone on that.
  19. DeadRagarr Augur

If they make it shroud 2.0 it will be a fun for a week feature then quickly forgot about.

If they make literal class swapping, then they proved they can implement modern features into an aging game quite well. Also one that can be utilized on any server at any period, which is a HUGE benefit seeing as TLP's are going more custom friendly not CLASSIC ONLY.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Ugh, more grinding. =P
    Moege likes this.