Who are the Real EQ Veterans?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Numiko Augur

My cleric on E.marr was created on May 6th 1999, the day the server went live. she is 120, I have numerous other 120's too but they are newer. She is the oldest.

I also played on Fennin Ro before E.Marr launched, but never leveled those characters up.
    code-zero and Nennius like this.
  2. fransisco Augur

Wizards - because they aren't druids!
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

24? years 11 days? Otherwise your char is older than the servers ;)

Great song, btw!
  4. The real Sandaormo Augur

I am a new player, only been playing same toon for 21 years. =(
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

I have 18 level 120s spread across 4 accounts. Oddly enough not one warrior.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

I had a good friend in game that I RP'd with. On the night of the 10th, we stayed up rather late, until after midnight. The next morning the towers were hit, and I was a wreck all day knowing that she worked in them. I didn't hear from her for a couple of days, until she popped back in the game. She told me that because we stayed up late that night, it caused her to wake up late and she was on her way to work when the events happened.
    We eventually lost touch with each other as we moved on to other games and things IRL, having never trading personal IRL information (email, phone numbers, etc) because we wanted to keep our RP as something unique and special between us.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

I have always thought of leveling my OG character from 1999 but it's a 59 warrior, meh.
  8. Monkeychunks Augur

Makes me think of the original Veteran Rewards in game. Remember those rewards that were based on how long you had your account? And they stopped at 14 years so to me whoever got all those original Veteran Rewards are Veteran players.

Although it is nice when I make a new character that he can port out of the tutorial via "Throne of Hero's" and pick up some stuff and go back to tutorial. Instead of using the other 3 ways. :)
  9. Veri Evil New Member

So much weirdness with this toon and account. I remember starting with a disk from a computer magazine PC Magazine?. Sometimes whole expansion achievements get reset. We were doing an anniversary raid in a Karnors Castle many tjmes and I got the runaway emote so much that it became meme worthy. I got a magic no drop no break fishing pole from Kerrans that disappeared. I have all the Raid achievements and memories from zones that I am missing the Travelers quest checked. Recently I began doing missions that were finished in 2010 ish that were marked as incomplete. Suits me I like doing them over.

I'll double check when I get home later in case I'm misremebering.

It says 25 years 10 days. It may be taking into account the prepaid time. I do yearly.
  10. Covennx Augur

[IMG]

Wizard - Initially made it to 16 and couldn't find groups, just told to "go quad kite" so I made...
    Cleric - Played it to GoD, no guild wanted clerics so moved to...
    Rogue - Still my main raid toon, also some main raiding on...
    Bard - Only raided a few years, but was lots of fun.
  11. Angahran Augur

Birthday July 02, 1999
    Played 993 days, 4 hours, 31 minutes.
    Total 23 years, 358 days.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

You failed a INT roll sad since your a caster class haha ;P Im just joking around of course :) Better poll might be who's over 50 lol me me :) just by a little though.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

My wizard this char is april 2003. My bard is late 2001 and my oldest char which is on bristle is sept 2000. My surprise when after 20 yrs he was still around figure they might delete chars after so long especially after 15+ yrs lol.
  14. fransisco Augur

I remember when prohibition and the temperance movement appeared in EQ back in classic.
    Before the devs where swayed by temperance, every caster was a raging drunk.
  15. Zunnoab Augur

I exactly qualify using the first post's criteria. I started in late August 2003, weeks before LDoN (which was an amazing expansion for a new player).

Alas, none of my alts qualify. My oldest alt was made in October 2003.

I made a human paladin but he was deleted years ago and I never played him other than seeing desert and being "meh, I want to play a cat." Bard sounded the most paladin like of the choices...
  16. Verily Tjark Augur

EQ Veteran test:
    Did you ever play EQ on a dial-up connection?

I don't play my cleric anymore, but he's 120 and created in June 1999. I switched to Enchanter a decade ago, same account.
    CatsPaws and Nennius like this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

I did and I got lots of little breaks after crashing while zoning. Was rather restful in an oddly non restful way.
    Tatanka likes this.
  18. xcitng Augur

i no longer have my 1st char, made her in jan. 2000, i still play my druid i made in mar. 2000 ... always had char(s) in eq since i started, have 6 at lvl 120 and others at lower lvls
  19. Sprezzatura New Member

Bantha - Troll Shaman birthday 24 April 1999. Title prefix - Ancient Bantha. 120 and still playing.

Born on Povar after my IRL best friend (whom I’d played Ultima Online with prior) made a Troll Warrior (Grogan) and needed a partner. Joined Australian Guild - The Hand, and admiring the progressive guilds like Harmonium and Triton. Moved to London late in 99 and migrated to AB, joining guild Innit, a precursor Raging Fury, and watching the rise of Darkwind and Praetorian Legion.

Used to spend hours, reading forums like ‘the shamans’s crucible’, Fires of Heaven, and the adventures of Ronald McDonald the player killer from wtfman.com

Took a large and long hiatus from Jan 2003 until July 2018, whereupon same IRL enticed me to return because he wanted to use my account as a duo. I declined but started playing again. So we have ended up together once more. Now on Vox with good people.

Welcome to the Hotel California.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Schadenfreude Augur

Born Friday, July 30, 1999, 22:11:41 and still playing the same character today. Would have been earlier but it took an eternity to find somewhere that would ship the CDs to the UK and they took their own sweet time to arrive.

Was tipped off about EQ from some FPS playing friends of friends and started on Bristlebane as this was the unofficial Euro server. Made the mistake of choosing Human so ended up in Surefall Glade miles away from where everyone else was bound so had to make the hilariously dangerous journey from Qeynos to Freeport with their help. Did not enjoy the area and eventually returned to Surefall a few days later where the carnage of Blackburrow awaited, for a brief but glorious period snare was king and the group invites were never ending. Ended up losing a corpse down the tree trap but I had so little it didn't really matter.

Blackburrow remains my second favourite zone ever (behind Karnor's Castle, wru revamp).