Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

As a boxer, this doesn't reduce my will to box. It increases my will to box. The possibilities are wild! If I want 6 Mages to try things out I don't have to roll two more Mages, level them, gear them, run them through progression, etc etc.

I click some buttons, boom! 6 mages.

This...could seriously be the feature EQ needs to "bring all the boys to the yard".
    FranktheBank likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This is supposed to be simply a character class switch from what I can see.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I don't see it reducing boxing at all.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont think thats the intent, and if it did reduce boxing thats not something dbg would want since less boxing mean fewer accounts. I think this is intended to 1. make it easier to form groups and 2. create a timesink as people level up persona alts.
    Cadira and Swiss like this.
  5. Knifen Augur

So much to read all ready on this but was it ever said that each persona slot avail was free? It could cost a krono or membership fee per persona. Have no idea myself but would hope it just a replacement for shrouds and is free.
  6. Slasher Augur

The UI showed an option to buy more slots. I would assume you get 1-2 slots free when buying the expansion.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Knifen and Tucoh like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Yep. I think there will be some people who want to play X class that will chose to do an AP instead of boxing, but there will be more people who will feel more encouraged to invest in another boxed character since that character will be able to retain its value through future balance changes.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Yeah. One AP slot with LS would be fine, two would be generous.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Randomized Augur

I'm still trying to understand the whole "switch characters faster" aspect...I didn't realize the 1 minute it took to camp and pull up another character was a sentiment to the game.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Who knows, brother. You can't really draw many conclusions until we get access to beta and see what the state of the feature is.
    Velisaris_MS, Randomized and Nennius like this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sentiment?
    I think its more about not having to redo flagging and etc.
    Sancus and Swiss like this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Thinking about effective ways to hit the ground running with an AP: what are the odds the AP starts at level 1? If it starts at level 1 and I heroic it to 100, how am I going to get to level 120 to start LS content if I can't get the xp boosts from the achievements in ToL and ToV? I could do it, of course, but not quickly!!!

I raised my shadowknight to max level last year in something less than a day /played by just hitting up the ToV and ToL achievements during the extra life bonuses :D
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  13. Randomized Augur

Detriment**

Auto-correct fail from the phone
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Riou EQResource

With the Level Column and the fact you can use a 85 or 100 heroic on it, it probably does start at 1 just like a new class

You would just maybe have to rethink how you claim rewards, for example maybe you swap to the 100 when you do your collectibles, or do it on the achievements in the in between level expansions to get the slight achievement exp boost there too.

Claim Overseer stuff on the 85+ Personas instead of Main who probably doesn't need the exp anymore

Since you need to do 70,000 missions to get type 5s you could rotate 1 Persona per one of these probably

It might also actually give a reason to help others once your main is maxed since your Persona might not be instead of the current system where you get nothing for helping others
    Swiss likes this.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Could be, we'll find out in a few days.

Heroics do more than just levels though. You'd get a bunch mostly worthless gear :D im pretty sure the AAs you get are superceded by autogranted AAs.
  16. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Persona non grata.
    Moege likes this.
  17. FranktheBank Augur

Overseer is pretty good in the scope of things Darkpaw has done.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

I agree. Not perfect. Still in need of tweaking. But pretty good for a lot of us.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

per existing character? per server?
  20. Swiss Augur

I'm hoping for at least 3 because I think the benefit/income from people leveling up more alts and keeping the game more alive will be better than paywalling it too tightly. Really curious how it will all work and wish we had a more in depth official release on it.