Fixed Internally Buff window showing incorrect caster for dots

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ephyr, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Ephyr Lorekeeper

Reposted from Discord
    The buff window is updating the "Caster" field of dots based on the last character to cast the dot on them
    [IMG]
    in this image there are two "Pyre of Va Xakra Rk. III" dots on the mob - if you inspect each image it shows the name of the last caster on both (yellow outline being what is supposed to be my dot, and red on not-mine).

There was a bug like this a year or two ago but it appeared to have gone away - tis back

You can replicate this by two of the same class (and can use guild hall dummy for testing).

steps:
    cast your dot on the dummy
    right click and inspect the yellow bordered dot
    observe it has your name

using a second character of the same class with the same dot, cast the dot on the dummy
    right-click and inspect both the yellow bordered dot and the non-yellow bordered dot
    observe they both have the name of the second character
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Is the damage being attributed to the second toon for both dots when you do this?

Edit - never mind. I checked it myself. The damage lines are still attributed to the right character. It's purely a display bug.

Since this literally affects nothing (your spells still have a yellow border), I hope you put it at the end of the list of things to fix.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why though? You have no idea what else this is impacting or how easy this would be to fix?
  4. Moege Augur

Yeah except that if buffs are inspected some poor sucker could get chewed out in error.