Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth in the Plane of Hate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xon Quexill, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Xon Quexill New Member

Howdy!

Plane of Hate was changed March 14th, 2001. The new loot tables had "Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth" dropping off of Magi P`Tasa as well as the male revenants.

Does anyone have any additional information? Thanks in advance.

Sources:
    1. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html - Patch history
    2. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=526 - The staff and discussion about it from 2001
    3. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=1587 - The revenant and discussion about him.
  2. Moege Augur

Like ? Magi P`Tasa now also drops it. Nothing unclear about that.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

You have your info, comments on Zam are post revamp. All we have is player submitted info.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah are you looking for info about like Hate 1.0 and the staff or just confirming what info you already have? Is this TLP related? If so I'm like 99% only Magi drops the staff on TLP servers before PoP unlocks (assuming there is no random loot rule in effect).
  5. Xon Quexill New Member

I am looking for any evidence to support or contradict the Allakhazam posts and info. They seem to indicate that the revamp of Hate (Mar 2001) put the staff on revenants as well as Magi. Hoping a member of the Daybreak dev team reads it and can provide actual changelogs.

My motivation is for P99. I play on there and getting the Earth staff off of the Magi is basically impossible. Magi P`Tasa has a lifespan of about 7 milliseconds. If I can prove revenants also dropped it "during classic" (2001), maybe the P99 devs will add it to the revenant loot table, and one day I'll have a chance at the item.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Don't hold your breath, thats not typical.

P99 has no bearing on DBG EQ and DBG EQ has no bearing on P99.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

Or you could just not play on a crap server.
    Xon Quexill and Nennius like this.
  8. Zalamyr Augur

If my memory is correct, the original 2001 rework put the staff on the Magi, when previously it was dropped by Innoruuk. The staff dropping from revenants didn't happen until the PoP era full revamp. Sifting through the allahkazam comments also seemed to corroborate that. Staff is mentioned to be dropping from Magi only post March 2001, and the earliest comments about it dropping off revenants are from 2003.

So it would seem P99 has it correct.
    Kaenneth and Xon Quexill like this.
  9. Spliskin Journeyman

I've gotten two staffs (one for mage main and one for an alt mage (grand-daughters character) in the past 30-45 days. Both were dropped by male revenants but it can take a few spawn cycles for each staff depending upon your luck. I'd teleport up, clear all the male revenants and either camp there or leave and come back. I never caught Magi P'Tasa spawned. It went faster when I brought a tracker on another account in order to ensure all the revenants were down.
    Xon Quexill likes this.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Question- do the P99 servers have their own forums? This type of thread seems to be more helpful in that community, not this one.
    Nennius and Fenthen like this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Yes, they do. There is no reason a P99 player should be posting here.
    Moege likes this.
  12. Xon Quexill New Member

They do. P99 takes its definition of "classic" from what records the world has remaining of the actual patch histories. Since Daybreak Games is as close as we have to the SOE of the 2001 era, we probably have a good mix of players and employees / prior employees from that era as well.

This thread is about the actual patch history of the live game that these forums represent. I provided P99 info only for context in case people were wondering why I care about an irrelevant item in today's world.

Thanks everyone for the feedback one way or another. It's been helpful.