Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. FYAD Augur

Why do you hate fun?
  2. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

It's all fun and games until some inventory glitch allows a mage to CotH themselves ripping holes in time and live servers get reverted to the end of Planes of Power.
  3. Knifen Augur

I would accept that, but only if it went further back in time, pre Sleeper Awakening.
    Lujack Dhrakoth likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

People already complaining about EXP rates, now add in more personas with no benefits of Achievement EXP and have to actually get their spells and such

If someone actually got those personas to 120 they deserve to buff and port themselves around
    Swiss likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or even earlier. "You have been accepted into the Everquest beta. Please check your e mail for further instructions. And remember, "You're in OUR world now! Muahahahahahahaha".
    Knifen likes this.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

It would be fun as hell if you could swap personas at will, even in combat. If you can manage the complexity, go for it but it should be limited by some resource.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Meaningless. Everyone ALREADY does this with alts and buff boxes. This would merely make it easier to do, without the extra grunt work.

I'm thinking maybe that's exactly what they want.
  8. WeCameWeConquered Elder

But you'll still need that tank class's gear and augs for the tank to... tank... effectively. If that is the case, it is nothing more than an alt system sharing certain skills and flags, which adds value but at the same time would be disappointing.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

We are in their world after all.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Thereby making it useless for selling/trading in game.
  11. Riou EQResource

You will just need at most the visibles, the weapon slots (primary, secondary, range) and maybe type 3s, the regular augs don't really matter, just aug for melee (or the balanced type 5s) since caster ones don't matter besides maybe the Spec/Proc ones

All Epic Weaponry being in the same lore group though will make some of the classes not viable to Persona though
  12. fortuneteller Augur

They should put a max level on ALL classes, rather unfair some classes can still use.
    Put max effect on shaman, bard, sk, amd more to 100.
  13. Angahran Augur

Let me guess, you don't play shaman, bard, sk?

p.s. asking for nerfs to classes is against the forum rules.
  14. Slasher Augur

Wouldn't a persona system lower the number of active accounts though and hurt revenue ? Unless of course you need all access to use it.
    Metanis and Fenthen like this.
  15. Riou EQResource

Not really, it is just consolidating the alts on your account to 1 character, you're still gonna box to form a group to achieve more stuff, you can just min max your box team easier

There might be some cases where if you play something like say a Melee and solo/molo is impossible you now just persona to a good class and molo it instead of box 1 or 2 extra, but this probably isn't getting you all the new augs and such or going through missions
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Marton Augur

Unusual way how to approach class non-balance, yeah, I see some folks taking this route.
    Riou likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea Im pretty sure thats exactly how it would be. I cant imagine them giving you a set of tank gear without you earning it. You will need to level AND gear your tank. I think though you will have free storage for worn persona gear. IOW its not going to eat up your bag space.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Skuz like this.
  18. Alnitak Augur

And that is what I am worrying about.
    If I can switch my beastlord main into a mage, does it mean that the time and effort I've spent to properly gear, flag and advance my mage alt of the same account goes wasted? What about my alt bard? The rogue? The chanter? The wizard? The warrior?
    Will all my alts on the same account become useless with Alternate Persona? And all the time and effort I've spent to make them decent will be lost?
    Ouch!
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

If you already have a mage why you would want to persona a mage?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

They're not going to delete your current alts, if you don't want to use Personas (assuming they function as hoped) just keep playing your toons as you have and nothing will go to waste. If you determine it'd be better to share whatever benefits the system confers then it'd presumably be worth doing