Soulbanshee's Beta Layout Transfer Tool

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulbanshee, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Soulbanshee Augur

I have created a tool to help ease the creation or refresh of a beta installation folder. This will work to both create a fresh beta installation directory, or to refresh an existing beta installation directory with the current live build to reduce the number of files needed to download. It also has functions to move eqclient.ini, maps directory, or individual characters from any live installation folders renaming the files from the live server name to beta server.

Please do not rehost, redistribute, relink, modify and only for personal usage. Script, materials, inputs, or generated files may not be used in any method soliciting or generating any compensation. See the User Guide for the software agreement, usage and instructions.

User Guide

What doesn't the transfer tool do:
    • Does not access EverQuest account information or character associations
    • Does not modify EverQuest client, game files or game experience
    • Does not access or modify EverQuest memory data
    • Does not access or modify EverQuest network transmissions
    • Does not send anything to an outside source or access anything from an outside source
    • Does not retain anything about your system other than saving the selected folder paths in the settings file that allow the script to run without prompting each time
    Transfer Tool Download
    Hobs, Tucoh, Zunnoab and 8 others like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Thanks for this! Was just going to refresh my memory on how to get configured for Beta!
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Hobs likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is super-cool.

Question, though. What drives the need for something like this? IOW, why is this better than creating my own Beta directory using a copy of my Live folder?
  5. Metanis Bad Company

It's "better" for those people who don't understand how to do simple file and folder manipulation in Windows. There are a lot of them out there.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I thought maybe that was the case. Wanted to be sure.

Thanks, Metanis!
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Its "better" because I got tired of having to go to my live folder, copy, go to my beta folder, paste, yes I want to replace, wait, delete old beta character files, find all the character files I have to rename and rename them, so I made a script to do it all in one go. Then it takes 2 seconds to release it to the community to use also.
    Hobs, Zunnoab, Silvena and 3 others like this.
  8. Narune the Rising Sun New Member

this tool is Schmexy! ;)