IF you could have 1 new class what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malkavius, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Brickhaus Augur

If hologram Ronald Reagan ever becomes president, he'll know where to find his crack users to go after ... right here in this thread.

I'm having flashbacks to D&D 3.5 campaigns and the 100+ splat books that made up the game.

And yes, I do have all of them.
  2. Mirthe Journeyman

I would love a new support class that casts large runes, like in EQ2 (mystic and defiler). It's a sort of reverse healer that tries to avoid damage altogether.

I know chanters have runes already, and other classes have "prevent % damage up to max amount", but if you haven't played the EQ2 classes I mentioned it's totally different. Really fun to try to stay ahead of the damage, and to coordinate with and enhance more direct healers in the group or raid. I don't know any other game besides EQ2 to do this, and it's really fun (though I've otherwise kind of lost interest in EQ2, or I'd just play those classes there).
  3. WeCameWeConquered Elder

One of the most ridiculous AAs in EQ history.
    fransisco likes this.
  4. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Divine Avatar.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I'd love to see it and Mortal Coil removed and the classes compensated by being improved in more reliable ways.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

Builder

Basically what they do is build stuff.

Raids from here on out, some of them gonna need a tower to be built to be able to see enemies and range attack them. This is where builders come into play. Cannot be summoned when in a tower, mob has to break it, and if your in tower and mob destroys it, obviously people take damage, with a chance of being instant dead too.
    Raids also introduce more mobs that attack you from range too. So they shoot back at you too, think of those wind archers, and assume they never move closer and stick to shooting you all day.

Mobs in a tower? They only do range attacks, its caster mobs and archer mobs and designed not to get close to you?
    Builder can build ladder, or you have to spend a lot of time breaking it down and then damaging the enemy after you broke it too.
    Builder can build coverage to block incoming roots and snare attacks targeted on you trying stop your advance to those range only mobs.

Many many other things builder can do, potential is endless.

So builders, basically provide buffs to others, but you gotta be using what they build. It's not an inventory thing, its a overworld thing.

Wood Elf, Half Elf, Human, Barbarian, Iksar, and new race Sarnak only can be builders.
    Builders are not tinkerers, they don't do fancy magic, they don't rely on overpowering and smithing, hence they build.
    Iksars and Sarnak are like roman army so of course they get to be a builder too. Even though they are overpowering type races.
    These builds are mainly wooden, something you can setup anywhere, build on the fly, these aren't houses and such like building dwarves would live in.
    Think of eagle scout, hunting type things, or someone making something for an army, that kind of builder. Hence dwarves cannot be builder, they smiths, not builders. Gnomes are tinkerers not builders. Gnomes and dwarves aint gonna be making no hunting/attack tower, walls, and such things.
  7. fransisco Augur

Bone daddy.
    A necromancer that actually focuses on swarms of undead instead of all the dots and poinson/disease stuff.
    Mirthe likes this.
  8. Mirthe Journeyman

Ooooh I would play the heck out of this class. One of my favorite items of all time is the Shard of Eternal Pain -- an aug from an LDoN raid -- which summons little skellies with different weapons.

I've tried Necro and don't find the other aspects as fun (dots etc.), but would LOVE a class around skelly swarms.