Not A Bug Ulgin Darkhammer (Korascian Warrens)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by cerblade, Oct 3, 2023.

1. cerblade New Member

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Tue Oct 03 11:49:19 2023

Character: Level 85 Bard (Main)
    Zone: Korascian Warrens

Description: Ulgin Darkhammer is not spawning on mischief
    Siphon, Tutankamen, TEHEHE and 4 others like this.
  2. Syeop New Member

Ulgin Darkhammer (quest npc) is not spawning in Korascian Warrens in any pick. He's been absent for some time and is holding up the completion of numerous quests in the SoD expansion.
    Siphon and cerblade like this.
  3. Klage1 New Member

Not up for me as well. Tried main pick and other /pick with no luck. Stuck at last few quests to complete the Rallosian Battle Figure quest line.
    Siphon and cerblade like this.
  4. Lupine New Member

Last seen Sunday just before midnight PST. This NPC also opens at least one raid event (Shadow of the Crystal Core).
    Siphon likes this.
  5. Pikollo Augur

There were guilds exploiting the raid so they had to remove him until the patch. Ngreth already knows but there's nothing he can do until the patch.
    Siphon likes this.
  6. Pikollo Augur

It sucks others have ruined this for everyone. This is the last set of quests we need and we have to wait a week+ for the patch.

Is it possible to respawn it and check the logs for people exploiting so they get in trouble but the honest people can finish their quests?
    Siphon likes this.
  7. Subpoena Journeyman

+1, this NPC needs to be restored so we can do the raids again. Or the flagging needs to be removed so we can buy what we need from Zebuxoruk in PoT without it. Not cool.
    Siphon likes this.
  8. Brildon Augur

He will be back Wednesday after the patch.
    Siphon likes this.
  9. Brickhaus Augur

He's not in the Test patch notes.

Did you check to see if he was back on Test?
    Siphon likes this.
  10. Brildon Augur

He doesn't need to be mentioned on the patch notes as the update isn't tied to the NPC directly, he was perma-killed by Ngreth who said on discord there needed to be a patch for the update before would respawn him.
    Siphon likes this.
  11. Brickhaus Augur

The line you quoted has nothing to do with this NPC. It's about you getting longer lockouts during shortened lockout periods because they didn't have the proper check when lockouts were assigned to folks who left the task or went offline.

So ... I take it you didn't check to see if he was back on Test?

Edit - I went and checked. Ulgin is NOT on Test currently.
    Siphon likes this.
  12. Brildon Augur

He was taken out due to people dz cascading his raid task for extra loot, him being present or not on test really isn't a surefire check of anything. There wasn't a patch to take him out of the game, Ngreth just removed him. But I guess we will see who is correct come Wednesday. :)
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

Exploits dont get patch notes. If NPC isnt on test, probably didnt make the design lock, and will be back after test gets true up to live.
  14. Linksfather New Member

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Wed Oct 18 09:33:41 2023

Character: Level 85 Magician (Main)
    Zone: Korascian Warrens

Description: Ulgin Darkhammer is still missing from Korascian Warrens
    Brickhaus, Pikollo and Plumbus like this.
  15. Brickhaus Augur

I'll give you a hint ... it wasn't you ...

Ulgin is still broke.
  16. Linksfather New Member

It would be nice to bring him back, disable the exploited raid, and keep the 5 group missions attached to this NPC active. Instead of removing everything.
  17. cerblade New Member

confirmed.
  18. cerblade New Member

still broken after patch :(
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The underlying issue was NOT fixed for the raid attached to Ulgin. The quoted change above is not a fix to the issue with this raid.

I am considering unlocking it anyway, and use it as a honey trap for those that cascade again. I'll try to decide by Friday.

Not a bug because this is intentional.
    Yinla and Barton like this.
  20. Protempa New Member

Timeshear and Rallosian Battlefigure are all on HOLD because we can't get tasks from Ulgin. Very disheartening to have to wait longer when we have been waiting almost 2 wks to complete.