Least exciting expansion announcement in history

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Oct 4, 2023.

1. hein Augur

I'm sorry, I was really hoping to be pumped this year. Are they even trying at this point?
  2. Pops Racer Olde Faht

There are new zones, and a level increase. That's progress.
    I am cautiously optimistic.
    Hobs, Zunnoab and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Windance Augur

It sounds like new lore instead of recycling the same zones so that's a +1 from me.
    Hobs, Badchanter, Brildon and 4 others like this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

This is the producers letter, the expansion announcement is on the 10th when pre-orders open up same as last year.
    Hobs, Kaenneth, Sissruukk and 4 others like this.
  5. fransisco Augur

I totally disagree, this sounds like one of the biggest in ages.
    Class swapping? So you can level up multiple classes on the same character? You keep your flags and tradeskills?
    Swap druid to port somewhere, switch enchanter to give your group clarity/haste, then switch to a good class like mage to fight?

On top of this, its not X zones revisited again. Its brand new lore and zones. This is what we want! Honestly, can't imagine what the OP was hoping for. Revisting gates of discord (we get 5 levels, mobs get 10)? I'm excited
    Hobs, Roxas MM, Themono and 2 others like this.
  6. Cadman Elder

I wouldn't bank on it being new lore, Laurion is mentioned in Planes of Power lore, as living below Coirnav
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Agreed. This whole swapping personas sounds interesting. I do have one question: Will we be able to move from ship to ship with it?
  8. Pops Racer Olde Faht

A full nautical expansion including cannons and boarding parties would be outstanding.
    Hobs, Sissruukk, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  9. Zunnoab Augur

I'm not sure what some people want if they don't consider the last expansions as having new lore because a lot of extremely consequential things happened.

I'm not sure what the final state of the world of EQ is like after the new Kunark and Velious expansions but the repercussions are huge. Unless I missed something, the Combine empire is back, Velious is probably reeling in recovery, Luclin loudly and officially welcomed the Vah Shir as belonging on her moon and invited Loda Kai to fight in her name, Jakarashev's shenanigans are likely far from over (it's implied all copies of him in the event were in fact illusions), the spirits the Vah Shir "lost" are free (unless I am mixing up the lore), and I'm sure a bunch of other details I don't know.

I confess I have no understanding of the consequences of TBL but it's probably important.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, we ended up helping Mayong maintain his demigod status, again.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Maybe you dain playing EverQuest?

Seriously, hein. I am STOKED for next expansion. You should be, too.
  11. Fading Illusion Augur

You have gotten better at Trolling (1).

The good news is now all your Personas can use this skill.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have not read the word stoked in a long time. Anyway, I am weird in that I like level increases. I just like leveling. Also, this persona thing intrigues me.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Personas smells like Final Fantasy "Job system" to me.
    Hobs, fransisco, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm psyched that you were happy to see "stoked" ;)

(c'mon old guys, keep this going!)
    Hobs and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

I will be very keen to see any replies.
    Tatanka likes this.
  16. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Could be rad, could be bogus.
    Hobs and Tatanka like this.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Totally tubular, man.
    Tatanka and Nennius like this.
  18. Febb Augur

What exactly were you hoping to see?
    fransisco and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  19. Riou EQResource

Only 1 zone is a clear reuse this time from first glance, so that should be nice too
    Hobs and Skuz like this.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

Which would be amazing.
    Skuz likes this.