Krono prices crashing on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nazgull2k1, Sep 24, 2023.

1. nazgull2k1 Elder

I have 7 krono.

Pre-SoD launch, Krono sold for about 1.2 million plat per. Not bad at all.

SoD launched. I spend the entire weekend basically online grinding faction, missions, progression etc etc etc. The fun stuff. While Im on, I figure I'd sell one or two quick. Easy right?

Wrong. No takers. Which is EXTREMELY odd. Friday I think nothing of it. Saturday afternoon I check /bar and see buyers at 995k. (Which is pretty much par for the course.)

All day saturday.. despite every attempt.. still cannot sell. Check /bar ...same buyers now at 960k.

Sunday.. I spend ALL DAY trying to sell even 1 KR at 1 mill flat. Nothing. I got on at 1030 AM EST. Its now 1130PM EST. Not One Buyer. I just checked /bar again.. 902k

Not a single person in 3 straight days, and /bar prices are dropping fast. I have *never* seen this before, and Im honestly wondering if Im watching the implosion of the krono market in real time.

Ive never seen KR prices *drop* after an expansion launch.... nevermind tank over 300k in value in 2 days, and continuing downward.. fast.

Part of me wonders if the KR market bubble just burst, or is this just the inevitable sign that the server is RIP, or perhaps some other explanation Im not thinking of. Its absolutely fascinating to watch.

*EDIT* Suddenly as of 1AM EST.. there are a bunch of new buyers set up for 1mil. A bunch of us were mid discussion and watched as almost all of them went up at the same time. Was very interesting to watch. A few of us were discussing everything and figured on a couple of outcomes.

1 - Word got out the prices were tanking, so some old farmers came back to take advantage
    2 - People buying Chronobines and gear drained all excess plat from the big bot farmers/resellers, and they had to restock before they could buy again (we think this is most likely.)
    3 - Underpants gnomes.

Irregardless.. its been a fun ride. A bunch of us are still keeping an eye on it.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Grats for wasting more than a whole day for 5k pp by trying to sell a Krono for 1,000k pp instead of just selling it fo 995k pp.
    5k pp are worth 9 cent on Mischief. :D

Before your next trade adventure, try out my Currency Calculator maybe ?! ;)
    Tyranthraxus and Lineater like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Might be worth looking at the date, we have now hit the anniversary time for TLP server launches. I don't mean yearly, I mean monthly.

Anyone who pays with Khrono would be looking to click one around this date each month. Will be interesting to see if it crashes again after a week or so.
    Svann2 and code-zero like this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

I wish Krono value would crash across the board. Look at what happened to chase loot, especially with ToL/NoS. Except for a couple of items, on my server you can't get much more than 2 million plat for one.
  5. code-zero Augur

Either there's a current glut of Krono or there's a plat deficit.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

HODL and KODL.
  7. Captain Video Augur

Econ 101. Plat is much easier to farm once mercs are available. That is bound to affect the demand for cash-purchased plat. Mischief is the first-ever TLP to have enough of a population at SoD to see this shift.
    OldTimeEQ1, code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

You know, I am just gonna leave it as is.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

SoF crashed krono from 2mil to 1.3-1.4m. So I guess you werent paying attention then. 1mil is probably about where it should be. It's been super inflated for a while due to some shenanigans. Throughout the week krono prices fluctuate. Nothing new.
    Appren likes this.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

Both might be.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Rothj Augur

People in this thread really, REALLY don't understand how this works. The fact that you spoke so confidently and people liked your post speaks volumes. Krono prices go UP when plat is easier to farm. That's because people have MORE plat, and they're more willing to buy krono. Krono prices go down when more people are buying krono(with real money) and less people are farming plat. Krono prices usually would never go down unless something weird is going on or people started to buy krono again, etc. Your explanation and most of them in the thread are so ridiculously wrong it's hilarious.
    Kaenneth and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  12. Slasher Augur

People really need a freshman econ class. Supply and Demand. Prices go down when the supply is too much and they go up when demand is high. Like the above poster said if the currency is easier to obtain the prices of things go up because the currency's value is less. Just look at the last 10 years of the US economy for your best example.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Rounlin Best Pizza in Norrath!

meh, Krono for gold is stupid anyway. Minor crash at best, a true crash would be they are worthless like the Stock Market Crash of the late 20s early 30s
  14. Bullsnooze Augur

15. Themono New Member

On Mangler we have 1 single trader that tries to determine the plat value of krono in the bazaar. We went from 400k to 700k almost overnight and it hovered there for a few weeks until a couple of people posting gradually cheaper krono prices worked the "OFFLINE" account back down to under 500k in about an hour... Sometimes the economy isn't as robust and complicated as you may think, you just need to find the lever that controls it.
  16. Blastoff Augur

The only reason krono prices were ever so high was because of Marcia with free trade, which was essentially a dupe. A single character could pull in millions of raw plat soloing ST and NToV from TSS until right before SoF. Kronos were around 400k before TSS and jumped up to almost 2 mil by the time Marcia got patched. They fixed Marcia to not buy items that continue dropping on Mischief due to random loot tables that stop dropping after sleeper is woken up on other servers. Krono prices have dropped ever since as expected. Krono prices falling is only a good thing. More items sellable in bazaar and less spamming general chat.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  17. Achillez Elder

There was a certain buyer for many months that was constantly buying 900+ krono over 100k more than the next highest buyer. He got up to bartering krono for 1.9M and every krono in bazaar was up for 2M. He disappeared one day about 5-6 weeks ago and prices have crashed ever since. I don't think it's a coincidence, but krono around 1M seems reasonable to me. The economy is thriving, no issues selling and buying tons of gear regularly.
  18. TacoTruck New Member

Phinigel literally had the same negative bump for SoF and SoD due to them being plat-sink expacs. (Also GoD although more muted, since krono weren't that high yet)

So no, not "the first time"...
    Demetri and fransisco like this.
  19. code-zero Augur

There's a good chance that all those Krono have been consumed on DCUO (PC) and Planetside 2 (PC). Any All Access game can use Krono but the best place to generate Krono sales is on TLP in EQ and TLE on EQ2
  20. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

People are dumping tons of plat into tradeskills ahead of underfoot shawls. With plat being so cheap, people who never would have bothered on other TLPs are getting into tradeskills which is just sucking even more plat out of the economy.