House help

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Flatchy, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

About 3 months ago I noticed I could not turn my tribute on anymore. Looking into it more I sent to my housing area and seen one of my three houses was gone. My parcel was empty. The house I had on it was bought with loyalty coins btw if it mattes. Anyway all my trophies were in my house. I read up on it because I found out my money had run out so I was evicted. (thanks for the in game e mail letting know ffs) It told me to look for a crate of eviction . I searched my stuff, my parcels and found nothing. So no tribute for me then about a month later I searched my guild halls plot items and seen my 3 bedroom house. With great joy i grabbed it and went to my neighborhood and paid up the rent for my plot. Set my house down and placed it and it poofed. does not show, plot is still empty. Later on I found my crate of eviction in the guild hall plot list(why the hell was it there and not in my stuff) I go place it in my plot and wallah there sits a box on my plot. Search items is grayed out so no I cannot click it, already tried.

I have petitioned this and got about 4 replies from the same guide or whatever they are. I sent all the files he asked for showing my plot set up and basically have not gotten a reply in over a month now. Its like they just gave up.

All I want are my trophies back. I could not care less about rest of the stuff I put in there pretty much. Your trophies effect how you play and what you can withstand , or how fast you can kill. It is not like im some huckster looking for freebies. You can easily go to my achievements and see what trophies I have earned. JUST REPLACE EM!

Is there something I am missing? I have tried everything I know and read up on it as much as I can find.But when computers are involved yeah things can just poof I guess. Its kind of pissing me off to just be ignored. I would like any tips or suggestions you can offer. Thank You.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

After you paid your plot rent and set the crate did you click "unpack"?

Have you checked the status of your petition to see if it was closed? Or is it still active?
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

I cannot think that I DIDNT hit the unpack button, I was trying every combo of everything that was available with no results. Perhaps it will not unpack if I do not have a house on my plot. Remember I said i tried to put it on the plot and it poofed? maybe i will have to go buy a diff house and put it down then it may let me unpack the crate???

The petition is still open and they have not replied in about a month.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Yeah went and bought a second house from the loyalty vendor and tried to set it on my plot (which has 136 weeks time on it now btw). That was a big no, it says I cannot put ANOTHER house on that plot. There is not a house no it that I can see. Oh btw you asked about unpack on crate of eviction and yes I place it on my plot and unpack is grayed out.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The second house won't work because you already have one house in your eviction crate and it considers that the house on the plot.

Can you pull that house out of the crate and place it? Or move it to inventory first? Am sure you already tried this but not many ideas left.

The whole thing possibly started with a bug anyway with your eviction crate being placed in the guild hall items. So the regular unpack is not working right. Your sure that's not a "guild" eviction crate from a expired guild hall?

Unless it did get sent to parcels and was picked up and moved to the guild hall items to store it for later. It was your eviction crate? Not someone else's?

Long shot. Stand on plot, go to layout tab, select a saved layout dated before all this if possible and see if it will put stuff back.

Maybe update the petition and clarify you just want your trophy's back. I know they have done that for players who lost them when changing servers etc.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

It is odd all of the layouts for Flatchy are from 2023. it does not have anything on it older. It just sucks because I cannot see anything that is in that eviction crate so I am not even sure if it is the right one. I have only had one house go bad. The other two I have are The beehive and the ship so require no upkeep pay . I will just have to repetition like you say and see if I get more help that this guy has offered.

I have checked parcels and nothing in it and i tried that inventory overflow thing with no luck.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

I don't know if this will help - but just in case:

From Alla's:

When evicted from a housing or Guild plot in one of the neighborhood instanced zones, you may have one of these crates waiting for you at the Parcels NPC (such as Postmaster Aric Songfairer in Sunrise Hills). They contain your belongings that were swept up and removed at the time of eviction. NOTE: If there was a Storage Crate present in the plot at the time of eviction, its owner may receive their items inside that crate instead of a Crate of Eviction.

To restore your items to a real estate plot:
    (See matching images above for reference. This info is based on EQ Live client as of July 2014)

1. Retrieve your crate from a Parcels NPC and head to your plot (personal or Guild). OPTIONAL: You can inspect the crate to see how many items it contains (hold right-click over the icon).
    2. Re-purchase the plot and/or add escrow time so you are not evicted within the day (click on the small, vertical post at one end of the plot boundary). If someone else has taken ownership, find another plot. If it was a Guild plot, make sure your GuildLeader has given you permissions to place items. NOTE: You must be standing inside the plot boundary to "Manage" the real estate.
    3. While standing inside the plot owned by yourself or your guild, place your crate on the ground (put the crate on your cursor and then click over the ground to drop it). If you have a lot of items inside the crate, this may take a few seconds to process and appear as if the EQ client has lagged out. Just be patient.
    4. When the crate is placed, right-click on it and choose "Show Items". This should open the Plot Items window and automatically highlight your placed crate.
    5. From the Plot Items window, click "Unpack" (3rd down from "Trophies"). This should deposit all the items from your crate into the plot storage, making them available for placement if desired.
    6. VERY IMPORTANT: If you are in a Guild Hall, be sure to pick up your crate after unpacking (right-click on your placed crate and choose "Move to Inventory"). If you leave your crate placed in a Guild Hall, no one else can drop their crate and thus cannot unpack their items unless they do so in their own house. If anyone has more than a few items to restore to the Guild Hall, it will be a big problem for them to move everything over.
    7. Make sure your crate is empty before destroying it. Inspect the crate from your Inventory and verify that there are NO (zero) items inside.

Restoring from saved Layout:

If you are the plot owner or have the correct permissions, you can reload the previous saved layout ("Layouts" tab in Plot Items window). EQ often auto-saves when you were last in a plot. This will put back all the items in their original locations. Just look for a date prior to the eviction. NOTE: If there was a placed crate in your previous saved layout for a Guild Hall, you will need to pick it up to prevent other Guild members from being blocked.
    Flatchy likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So even putting the crate on the plot and right clicking does not show any items? You mentioned the "unpack" is greyed out but you would still see the items like this:

[IMG]

If your not seeing any items like in this pic then that crate is empty. Can you do an /output file inventory and see if your trophys are listed?
    Flatchy likes this.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

No it does not show me any items in the crate when I place it on the ground. I am not familiar with /output file inventory. Is that just a command I type in like any other command?

Where it talked about "If there was a crate present in your house before the eviction, perhaps your items are in there." That is all well and good except well I cannot see any items that were in the house to see if that crate is there. No wonder they are ignoring my petition lol. what a pain.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok just lining things out to make sure I got it.

You have the crate of eviction. You can set it on a paid plot. If you right click on it then you do not see anything like the picture I posted?

If you back up and right click on it do you see anything that says: this is a crate of eviction and it holds x amount of items?

Right now I am just focusing on if there is anything in the crate to begin with.

The output commands are to make a file of what you have. There are output commands for inventory, real estate, spells and other stuff. If you just type /outputfile in your chat bar then it will list the ones you can do.

So /outputfile realestate will get you a complete list of your real estate housing inventory sent to a text file. But it will only show from houses you own. So if something is stored in someone else's house you would not see that.

The you find the file in your eq directory - right click the icon on your desktop - open file location and look under that characters name for output file.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The more I re read this I think there was a crate of eviction at one time which was opened and emptied and then the empty crate was put into the guild hall inventory to store it. That would explain what it was doing in there.

Might want to do an /outputfile inventory too - to see if the trophys show up in there.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  12. Aanuvane Augur

If or when it's in your inventory and you right click on it to inspect it - there should be a button that says "print items" - this will produce a list of items that are in the crate in one of your chat windows.
    When you inspect it, it should also confirm the character and the number of items inside it.

[IMG]

When you've placed it on a plot - it should show you the items in the crate as Catspaws has posted. If it doesn't - if the Unpack icon is grey - that means the crate is empty.

[IMG]
    Moege and CatsPaws like this.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Then the crate is empty. I went to put in a second petition yest since I have been on hold for over a month with no reply. When I checked it it said it was solved. I thought I messed up and hit yes when they asked if the garbage they showed me answered my petition so I put in another one. It was changed to solved too shortly after. A Gm did put in a reply saying this issue has been ESCELATED , Not sure what all that entails but as long as they are trying it at least makes me feel better.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just curious if you ran those output file commands to see if any of your trophy's were listed in inventory or real estate?
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

No was busy yest after work and never got to it. Do I need to be standing or right clicking on anything in particular when I do that btw? I guess I mean do I have to be on my plot, in my gh, in one of my other houses etc, when I type that.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

Nope.

Also assuming that you have done a search through the "find item" button which will also search through items in your own plots (and your Dragon's Hoard if you have it open).
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

Done every search I could not found em. I believe the problem lays in where I said I had found my original house in guild hall plot items. i Took it and put it down on my -plot after I had made sure time was paid. Then it poofed. IT does not show, but if I try to put another house down , it says I already have a house down there. I have even told the GM to log my account in and go fix it if there is something I have not done already.