Oakwynd- Mage's mana regen seems low what to do?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ChamierMagikmind, Sep 8, 2023.

1. ChamierMagikmind New Member

My level 60 mage's mana regen sits at 25 without buffs with Greater Conc and lvl VI Clarity pot it goes to 33. I don't even regen at a high enough rate to hold a lvl 45 camp down. I can't clear it before its repoping. Is this a normal mana regen or is something off?
  2. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Make sure you have water in your inventory.
  3. Frags Journeyman

Mages are plenty strong, try playing a rogue and holding the same camp :D
    Roxas MM likes this.
  4. Lawyer Augur

Best solution to your mana regen issue is to re-roll monk, and enjoy less downtime, more utility, and being tops on parses for a long while.
  5. ChamierMagikmind New Member

Yea I always summon bread and water. Thanks for having an actual answer.
    Dilquan likes this.
  6. Shaeli Journeyman

Mana regen for mages until you start getting Flowing thought (mana regen stat) gear is abysmal.

In these eras I have the same mentality as I do when I played a wizard in the past. Certainly nuke, but I keep at least 40% of my mana if pulls in groups have been steady, since your pet does good damage on its own.
    Imo its just enough mana to have a "oh no" button in case you need to chain cast a few bolts at an over pull :)
  7. Dilquan Augur

Maybe you should play a mage instead of crying about how sucky rogues are?

8. Frags Journeyman

I've played both. Have you?

My mage can easily slaughter camps lower level than it. My rogue wouldn't dream of it. My rogue would easily out-damage my mage in a raid setting. Not sure why you think I am crying about rogues.
  9. toasty4800 Elder

Here's what you do it's simple.

Re roll on mischief, start a new mage, you'll be max level with 2000 aa's in a bout a week, another 2 or so weeks you will be full best in slot.

Then you get to explore new and fun raids with interesting and complex mechanics, along with an assortment of neat new abilities and skills.

Doesn't that sound awesome??
  10. toasty4800 Elder

You should check out rogues on mischief, they are so good.

Lots of abilities and skills have been added to make rogues even more viable and give them more utility.

It's really a shame that people just gloss over everything post PoP, there's a really good game out there being ignored.
    Dilquan likes this.