25th Anniversary Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cheet, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Cronar Elder

1. Open the server with all content available. Race from beginning to end, if you want.
    2. Vaniki no required level on gear.
    3. Heriloom ALL previous no drop items.
    4. Oakwynd FTE rule and xp bonus for max level with a twist. 5% bonus per expansion level reached.
    5. Any race, any class. (yes i know i will get pooped on for this one, but i want it)
  2. Frags Journeyman

Debatable... The big catch is that to get a top tier piece of armor you have to run a massive amount of LDONs.
  3. jeskola pheerie

The Travel Server. Stop and smell the roses! See the sights!

1. No Levitate anywhere ever
    3. No translocators
    B. No ports or TLs
    6. No bind or gate (origin only for when stuck)
    G. Perma triple xp
  4. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I do enjoy the turbo charged boats though now. It is fun to take one from freeport and zip through OOT.
  5. Xerzist Augur

1. Equalized ZEM - i.e. any zone is free game for experience, not tied to dungeons for higher ZEMS, aka more exploring and random camps. So much of the game isn't bothered with just plainly because you can go to any other better zone.

2. I think kronos while useful for the economy make it to where anyone can just spawn into a TLP server and instantly win. Not hard to get 50 - 100 kronos prior to a TLP launch, by end of Kunark/Velious, you roll in platinum without ever leaving the Commonlands. I'd like to see this limited somehow, aka, Kronos can be used for a subscription to log into a TLP server, but cannot be publicly traded until PoP.

- This is necessary because farming for kronos (a super attractive endeavor that controls the entire economy of the game) instead of platinum early on severely limits regular players in camps, epic mobs, and basic functionality early on. It literally determines who will be max JC or other craft in the first few weeks. I am not wrong and everyone knows it.

3. 5-10% chance on any named mob to drop loot like Mischief does (super small, but cool when you get that neat roll) and encourages other camps once again and exploring.

Fight me :D
  6. Vewdue Elder

1. Equalized ZEM sounds like a good idea! Would break the norm of everyone piling into 1 or 2 zones every expansion. You would still have certain zones popular because of loot, but it would really expand the XP group options.

2. While I understand where you're coming from and I'm not against the idea of limiting krono's at the start, there's just no practical way of doing it. If you lock them from being traded on the TLP, people will just trade them via other servers. That would open players up to getting scammed like back in the old days before krono's were a thing. At this point, there's not really a realistic way to curb krono's from TLP's.

3. I really like the Mischief/Thornblade loot system, it opens up a lot of usually perma-camped/farmed items that people try their best to prevent other players from obtaining. Sleeper is probably the biggest example, when was the last time he was left up longer than a couple of days on a TLP server? Locking out 99% of the server from pre-sleeper awaken items. Other highly sought after group items are impossible to lock people out of with 24/7 bot crews, that tends to happen every TLP.
  7. Slik New Member

If they dont do a good TLP next year, at least with some free trade, after the slamming success that mischief was, I will see you all in EQ3 if it ever comes out. That isn't just a baseless rumor mind you, go to youtube and look up everquest 3. Very recently Darkpaw, which is the EQ branch of daybreak, is seeking to employ some to make a as of yet untitled game, it seems like it could be EQ3. With what I read, they arent hiring for any type of mobile game or platform other than PC, it is specifically for Darkpaw, and I wont go into details, but there is more leading information that makes it really seem like they are looking to make it. No, I am not trolling.

EverQuest 3 Is Real : But What Is It? - YouTube

Are we FINALLY getting Everquest 3? - YouTube

Not a troll fellas. --Noxious--
  8. Cheet Elder

I'd say the majority of folks don't want free trade.

I don't for sure.

the legacy/heirloom though is great.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't see that as an issue myself tbh, most of the early itemisation is pretty dang lousy.
    Cheet likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Joining an established server that has already gone through several expansion unlocks is completely different to levelling with everyone else, I can tell you that from experience.
    Barton likes this.
  11. Cheet Elder

I view starting with LDONs active a positive due to that.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Wouldn't that be a new regular server and not a TLP?
  13. Cronar Elder

Kind of but no, with the add ons.
  14. Barton The Mischievous

Not sure you could call it a time locked progression server or TLP though.
    How is it time locked in any way.
    It is basically a fresh special ruleset live server
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  15. Lineater Augur

Phinny clone with levitate disabled in PoFire would be my dream server.
  16. Brontus EQ Player Activist

The 25th Anniversary TLP server will have to be irrestible to get me playing on a new TLP. A few things I'd like to see:

- robust GM and Volunteer Quest Troupe team that runs live quests and events
    - Mischief loot rules (this is non-negotiable) plus all loot is tradable including epics
    - merging Legacy of Ykesha expansion with classic EQ along with Warrens and Stonebrunt
    - Beastlords and Beserker classes available from day one
    - revamped planar loot for Fear, Hate, and Sky
    - Mitigation of the Mighty removed
    - focus items included from day one
    - key requirements for all zones removed (Howling Stones, Sebilis, Veeshan's Peak, Sleepers, Vex Thall, Planes of Power, etc.)
    - no level restrictions to enter zones
    - summoning ability for non-named NPCs removed
    - immunities to snare, root, charm removed for all non-named NPCs
    - players can levitate in any zone
    - special 25th anniversary random loot table that includes armor sets with set bonues
    - upon completeion of this list devs get 25% salary increase :)
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm not sure what I'd like for the 25th anniversary, but I know what I don't want.

I don't want a Legacy server
    I don't want FTE
    I don't want random RAID loot
    I don't want long expansion unlocks, but I don't want 4 week unlocks either

I'm dubious about Legacy chars, but it wouldn't stop me playing it.

Other than that I'm pretty open to anything, Vaniki will be close to being finished so it will be nice to have something else to get my teeth into.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thumbs up for these ideas, the others I was either not keen on or thought were never gonna happen.
    Brontus likes this.
  19. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Mine:
    1. No FTE - that 'feature' should die with Oakwynd
    2. Mischief loot model
    3. Consolidate expansion releases (ex. PoP+LoY+LDoN, Oow+DoN, DoDh+PoR)
    4. All classes avaialble from launch
    If at all possible to not be just another reboot / be unique, then...
    5. Some form of multiclassing or 'build' mechanic
  20. Sethisto Elder

I genuinely wonder why this is something people want so bad. Does this really make any difference at all? It would take all of 5 minutes for a full raid to kill the imps and swim through the tunnel. Hell getting everyone levi and waiting for people to stop failing to fly over probably takes longer. The fire damage is irrelevent at this point. Hell, a bard could probably just drag the whole tunnel to the other side and dirge it down before the raid even arrives. It was part of my pull before dirge was nerfed.