25th Anniversary Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cheet, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Cheet Elder

Compile a wish list for this server to end all servers:

1) 3 box on one machine
    2) 6 box max
    3) Heirloom loot
    4) Start in GoD
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Outside of the 6 box max which I don't see how they can enforce the rest of that looks good. Though I would replace heirloom loot with legacy character as that also gives an xp boost for max level characters and changes AoC lockouts to per character instead of per account.
    Cheet likes this.
  3. Cosmo New Member

I'm probably repeating myself from another thread that discussed server rules, but I just want the game to not feel so grindy. And I want all my friends who say "Eh I can't start now, its such a grind just to catch up" to be wrong for once. :)

Double or even triple:
    Xp
    Loot
    Rare spawns
    Alt currencies

Remove entirely any keying that is just farming. (VT and VP for example)
    Simplify raid based keying/flagging. Maybe something like just making piggying more generous... like instead of 5:1 its 3:1 pig ratio.

I'd open with Velious or Luclin. And take a real nice look at the expansion schedule. A longish PoP isn't so bad cause its pretty fun, but condense any expansions that lack level cap increases.

Relaxed truebox and OOC regen from day one.

I have mixed feelings about removing No Drop entirely... but its probably more popular than standard loot rules. And its been a while since a free trade server was new.

Partially randomized loot could be fun. Double total loot.... One half normal drops on each mob, other half randomized loot a la Mischief.

I 100% agree that a game needs some challenge to be fun. But time syncs aren't a challenge and I want to minimize them as much as possible. The whole point of a TLP is rushing through content so it seems obvious we need gear drops to keep up with the pace of the server yet almost none of the TLP's have tried to balance this.
  4. Sethisto Elder

1.) Selos 1 month unlock/xp/lockout speeds, but start with all races/classes
    2.) Droppable loot with no level req/rec, Mischief level amounts. Upgrade loot on mobs that are usually ignored that we were farming on Mischief since that was super fun to chase targets that were usually worthless.
    3.) None of the new tagging mechanics nonsense
    4.) No truebox, 2 box max
    5.) Active guides banning bots/anyone boxing more than two. If unofficial servers can have staff actively banning people that cheat, Daybreak can.I know a ton of people that would love to do this as volunteers and fix the game.
    6.) Combine LDON with PoP and Ykesha - LDON does NOT need it's own month.
    7.) Combine DoN with OOW - Same deal. DoN is a whopping 2 fights and has the same tier of loot. This massive gap in content usually kills guilds. I don't know why it's still a thing. Who nostalgia's about sitting in DoN and OOW for 5 months?
    8.) AoC for Riftseekers Sanctum. Why isn't this a thing yet?
    9.) Combine PoR and DoDH - PoR is tiny. It doesn't need a month.
    Xerzist and code-zero like this.
  5. Vetis Augur

You know, I think it would have been cool if they took the idea of Oakwynd where each alt gives you a bonus. Keep the heirloom idea and the separate lockouts, but also have it free trade (no brainer, the most popular servers in EQ are free trade..) and one or both:

1. Vastly increase EXP bonus per character at max level. (Like 100% per toon is ideal imo)

2. Remove level requirements on items.

I mean.. a level 1 beastlord rocking an Ethereal Destroyer and my (eventual) pet can have a Hammer of Hours. Ahhh... can't let my dreams be memes.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you have Legacy Characters you want Heirloom Loot, makes much more sense to have them together as they are so highly synergistic, definitely shouldn't be thinking of these 2 things as an either/or scenario. And since Oakwynd had both I would say that Darkpaw possibly agree they belong together to make Legacy Characters a more attractive feature.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You want a TwinkWynd server.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1) 3 box on one machine - Relaxed Truebox, at launch or where? I'd say no earlier than PoP myself.
    2) 6 box max - Nah, maximums like this simply don't work out, waste of time to enforce it.
    3) Heirloom loot - Yes if the server has Legacy Characters, those 2 features go hand-in-glove.
    4) Start in GoD - Launch with up to GoD unlocked, if Darkpaw simply refuse to allow classes prior to their expansions then this option, up to TSS unlocked at launch is another point worth considering since that has an entire 1-70 levelling journey contained within it which would provide an entirely different TLP experience to anything before it without making any "new" content for TLP. I think this works best with "some" level-locking to help pace the server more closely in line with a traditional TLP.

5) Random Loot for all Group Items (excludes Raid Items)
    6) Retrofit Raid Currencies to more expansions working backwards from VoA
    7) Add currency multipliers to group currencies in line with the currency multipliers used for raids (e.g the x2 at unlock, x3 at next expnsion, x4 at 2 expansions passed - same as raid currencies increrase at).
    So LDoN Points, DoN Crystals etc.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From the Oakwynd announcement they have tied heirloom loot to the legacy character system meaning if you have legacy characters you have heirloom loot which is why I suggested that.
  10. Kahna Augur

Hate to burst your bubble but pets can't wield "no trade" items, even on free trade servers, if it is marked as no trade on regular servers the pet will give it back to you.
  11. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Yup. Discovered it sadly on Mischief!
  12. Magic Augur

If you so like GoD or TSS+ era can just join Oakwynd, as at time 25th Anniversary Server Oakwynd will be at this expansions.
  13. Frags Journeyman

40+ box armies who use illegal software actually taken seriously and banned.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  14. Frags Journeyman

More serious answer as the ^ will never happen:
    1) 2 month unlock on expansions except for DoN through PoR, make these 1 month each.
    2) Truebox with relaxed Truebox around OOW/DoN era.
    3) Release at classic with LDON group content enabled - no raids
    4) Spells/abilities through Luclin released during launch
    5) ALL Loot is NO DROP with Heirloom tag at release
    6) ALL Loot changes to tradable when Luclin opens
    7) Would love a rule that no one person can box more than 6 but with how poorly the GMs enforce cheating, this would be useless.
    8) No FTE
  15. toasty4800 Elder

Oakwynd will be a dead server about midway through PoP.

Plus people want a fresh start, also I'm willing to bet a lot of people don't like FTE.
  16. Vewdue Elder

I like this TSS idea. Tss unlocked at start but level locked at 50 for a month than incease to 60, 65, and so on with a month or 2 gap between each unlock. It gives everyone the all classes unlocked at start that is constantly asked for. It helps keep people from just skipping the lower expansions with the level lock and actually utilizing the TSS level path that very few people ever got to experience.
    Barton, Skuz and Yinla like this.
  17. hustlin New Member

This is a pretty cool idea, but would invalidate pretty much all non ldon armor until VT.
  18. Critt Augur

Why in the world would they do another lackluster single account alt centric server for the 25th…. I would love a random loot free trade, Luclin start with 6 week unlocks and pop/ldon released together… of course they’ll probably just do something that won’t interest me and I’ll skip a 3rd year
  19. Numiko Augur

Raid mobs drop Krono and a free Krono for each character you get to max level! ;)
  20. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I truly hope they do something refreshingly new for 25th.

EQ introduced instances, (way before WoW though many still think it is WoW)
    The TLP concept...etc