Stone Cold Summer 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Aug 23, 2023.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Ancient items and elusive achievements return once again!

Stone Cold Summer is back with a vengeance! Arima and Helagan are waiting for those who like a challenge to visit them in Misty Thicket.

New to the event this year:
    • Quests
      • Waagosh, a dedicated healer, is investing cases of warders suffering petrification from an unknown cause. Unfortunately, her investigation has hit a few snags as she deals with personal issues. Head over to the Feerrott to help the afflicted companions. (Limited to servers that have unlocked The Buried Sea expansion).
    • Mission
      • Rubak isn’t very interested in knowing more about the Feerrott's affliction. He does enjoy spending his time meditating on a beach. However, if you want to know more and stop it from spreading, he can be convinced to send you to the source. Look to the beaches of North Ro to find the worried shaman. (Limited to characters level 105+).
    • Overseer
      • The Valley of Lunanyn has been suffering from a mystery. Help the farmers get to the root of the issue with six new quests.
    [IMG]
    As a friendly reminder to all who play on a server that has unlocked Veil of Alaris, the available quests each have 6-hour lockouts.

Stone Cold Summer starts today and will end on September 19, 2023 at 11:00 p.m. PDT. Have fun!

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.

Skuz likes this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Feedback for the new Stone Cold Summer Overseer quests.

Did the person creating these quests not understand how Overseer works? So far the first two quests, Cranium Conundrum and Lend Me Your Ears, have *zero* attributes for the agents you assign to either. Which means when you hit Auto-Fill, it always chooses your elite agents first. On Cranium in particular, Auto-Fill will use your two Elite level 5 Scholar ... for a Level 1 quest.

The bonus attributes set for quest agents help let you use specific (usually lower level than max) agents and avoid using up your Elite level agents. The fact that again *zero* of the quest agent slots have any bonus (or even negative) attributes listed makes me wonder if the person who did these actually ever used Overseer.

This is another example of my biggest issue with the developers for Everquest in the last 5ish years ... there is a disconnect between the development of things (Overseers, gear, quests, raids, etc.) and the actual use/play/acquisition/etc. in game. Everquest is a complex game (despite what anyone says) and you have to have at least a novice level experience with the game to make stuff that doesn't go against 24+ years of development.

Please do better.

Edit - The other major consequence on how these quests were created is the success rate is capped far lower than normal, especially for the level of the first two quests. Cranium is capped at 81% success rate with 3 elites. Lend Me Your Ears is capped at 73%. I imagine that the remaining quests in this event will only go lower.

Second Edit - Third task, General Recruiting, also has no attributes and is capped at 70% sucess rate.
    Bobokin, Silver, Tera and 4 others like this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

WOW i did the level 1 recruit quest and auto fill put in THREE ELITES! lol and at that was only at 83% something doesnt seem right.
    Silver, Tera, EEEE and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hamshire Augur

Waagosh, a dedicated healer, is investing cases of warders suffering petrification from an unknown cause. Unfortunately, her investigation has hit a few snags as she deals with personal issues. Head over to the Feerrott to help the afflicted companions. (Limited to servers that have unlocked The Buried Sea expansion).

I am on the server Rizlona which is currently in House of Thule and Waagosh is not on our server.
    Ishbu likes this.
  5. Ishbu Augur

Adding on to this. Not only is the quest NPC no where to be found, neither are the ground spawn items for the collection, nor were any overseer tasks offered for the event.

Furthermore, all of this is available on Aradune, a server launched at the same exact time, with the same exact progression schedule, at the same exact point as Rizlona.

I guess I should bug report it.
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

We've manually spawned the event NPCs for now on the TLP's which have unlocked TBS, but we're implementing a more permanent solution for a future hotfix.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Koredan New Member

I haven't done extensive testing and not sure if it's related to the same issue, but the items for "Skin So Soft [80]" do not seem to be dropping on Mischief.
  8. KrosusJJ New Member

Can confirm 30 hoppers killed on Mischief, 0 skins
  9. Grove Augur

The Overseer tasks started yesterday.
  10. Knifen Augur

Hoppers?
  11. KrosusJJ New Member

Skin So Soft (80)
    Kill Small pond hoppers for rough scaly skin
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Weeeeee, LDoN is back ! ....

... just 5-10 level to high for FTP. :(
  13. Knifen Augur

Ahh ty, hadnt thought of the different levels available.
  14. Goofydoofy Journeyman

You people are complaining about Auto Fill? Oh, Dear Lord, please don't make us have to do something manually! Back in my day, I had to walk 20 miles though lava uphill just to get to school to find out the lava burnt the school down. Please do better.
    Metanis and Nennius like this.
  15. Drewie Augur

Doing the second solo task "No Peeking or Eating" on my 79 SK. Contrary to the first task, this one isn't level specific. Fortunately the lizard to kill isn't level 123 but level 84. Unfortunately it's very red to my SK and plows through me and my healer merc like butter, hitting up to 4K (my SK has 18.5K HP). And now after FD he's attacking a level 120 character parked nearby with a 1488 DS and the basilisk is barely losing any HPs ...

The level 120 character ended killing the basilisk. Now I have the "Defeat the afflicted swamp basilisk" step done, but not the "Loot the Partially Digested Mushroom" step since the corpse expired without any loot on it. I guess my 79 SK just has to start the task again ... or find something else to do that's more interesting and actually doable.
  16. Drewie Augur

I just did the level 110+ task "No Peeking or Eating", the level 123 lizard was a total joke and died so fast from my tank mercenary that I hardly had any time to hit it. The level 70 task with its level 84 lizard seemed really unbalanced to my 79 SK, unless it's actually intended for level 90 characters ? It looks like the low level tasks (even on a level 26 character) all give as a reward the same Level 90 Rec. food.