Need advice (Groupe of 3)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grunil, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Grunil New Member

Hello,

My Wife and me are going to go back on everquest (OakWynd). I am a veteron player on the game or the pre luclin content only, and for my wife, it will be her first MMO (she play some Game like God, red dead etc.).
    I will box on two PC, and she will play one char on another PC.

I need advice on the starter group :

I will box Chanter / druid (i know well thos class and all confort i will have with).
    But for my wife, what can be so most easy ? paladin or Bard ? i thinking begining near Felwithe.

Thanks
  2. Grunil New Member

PS : sorry for my crappy english :(
  3. Theka Elder

long term id say SK have a good tank and super dps
  4. Chopsuey Augur

I would go paladin for the wife. Can tank, help with charm breaks via stuns, get better and better healing and will have rez early on. Druids get it later. Paladins are a really good long term class.

If you don't think she would like having that much responsibility bards can be a great addition with little effort but with some experience can do a ton of awesome things.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'd say you have 3 good options

Paladin - compliments the other two classes really well & adds a ton of power & flexibility to the trio through being the linch-pin of the group.

Magician - Combined with Enchanter & Druid this makes for a very powerful Trio centred around the Pet tanking & augmenting the Magicians spell damage.

Beastlord - not the strongest at tanking & the pet will not really be a good tank until 80+ but this gives your Druid the most Mana-Regen they can get short of adding a Bard & a Bard would be duplicating too much of what an Enchanter does better except it has the lock-picking ability.

Personally I'd go with Paladin in your situation, this also can open up safer Charmed-pet play with the enchanter if you want to try that.
    Also since you want to start with Felwithe, High Elf Paladin females have a very nice armour style which may or may not sway your decision.
    The two pet class options would be a little different & make things bit less conventional if your wife isn't keen on tanking,
  6. Kraked Augur

Since you are a veteran or semi experienced player, I would recommend the Mage for her.
    Or have her take over the Druid and you can do Ench/Mage.

Having an solo druid you can double charm # 1 in many zones, and snare/heal/dot/etc.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Her first char being Mage or Druid would be good.
  8. Bewts Augur

Assuming your intention is to leverage charm pets… you’ll want something with a taunt button. You’ve got snare covered already with druid.

It really comes down to deciding if you want taunt, malo, splitting ability and/or rezz.

Paladin gives you taunt, heals, rezz and stun to help with re-charms. Paladin at 65 also has an OP strong root and a LOH that is beyond powerful.

Shadow Knight gives you taunt and FD to help split things you cannot pacify / harmony split; their darkness line overlaps with druid snare and also provides challenges with mezz as a snap aggro method.

Rangers overlap a lot with druid, but they do provide taunts and allows your druid/chanter to not be puller. Later on, their bow damage works very well with charm pet charm tactics.

There are also two options to extend charm duration but at the cost of taunt: Shaman / Magician bring Malo as an addition to tash to reduce MR and by extension, extend the average duration of charm.

Mages are great as DPS between pet and their nukes, and their DS is as good as a druid thorns for a pet, so they take some pressure off a druid that is snaring, healing and buffing.

Shaman carry a lot of redundancy with the enchanter to access malo. However, they do help spread the tasks already assigned to druid and enchanter be it hasting a pet, healing, or slowing mobs when it’s needed. They also serve as some really nice DPS and with a charm pet won’t have to hold back on the dots for fear of aggro. If they dot though, they’re all but guaranteed to be tanking mobs during charm breaks (which may be a good thing).

My advice would be Paladin or Shaman; and I lean towards shaman.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

Have your wife main the Druid and run Enchanter + Cleric.

Druid can pull, snare, heal, charm, and port.
    Enchanter can charm, tash, haste, and slow.
    With a boxed Cleric that can basically just CH both pets as needed.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  10. RedChief New Member

I think this is a no brainier. You have heals and CC covered, you just don't have a tank. I've seen a lot of suggestions on Paladins but SKs are just better right now. I'd go with a SK.
  11. Randomized Augur

Biggest issue is the driver behind the tank: brand new player (to MMOs as well). Caster classes are easier to get the hang of. And running am Enchanter/Druid duo, the best/easiest class to add to that duo would be either a Mage or perhaps a Monk
  12. Barton The Mischievous

Yup brand new player first MMO
    Mage would likely be easier
  13. Grunil New Member

Hello here,

Thanks you all for the good advice.
    I read a lot here, and we finally run on paladin. We are level 22, and it's sounds very good, fun, and not too easy !
    The SK is a little too dark for my wife, that's why we choose paladin ;)

Thanks again <3
    Ndaara and Barton like this.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

Your wife be Warrior
    You be 2 bards (same class bonus)

You do all the pulling all the slows all the cc all the dps all the whatever.
    She just runs up and use taunt
    If there is no mercs, 3 healer mercs or 2 healer and 1 whatever else. If no mercs make a cleric.

You decide to raid later and you made the cleric, you got BiS tank, you got BiS healer, raids should be easy to get into or start your own. Same with group content and inviting others.

It's also easier if your puller, that your not the tank too.
  15. toasty4800 Elder

I also vote mage. Pet can tank well enough especially with a druid/chanter combo.

In fact the chanter pet can tank tbh.

I have been through this for someone new to the game, a mage is perfect, very easy to play and you get a lot of value and it's a fun class for someone new.