If we dont have micro transactions we have no expansions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Highwizard, Aug 12, 2023.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Some do, tons end up being used for subscriptions. I've used them for subs since they were introduced. Lots of people I know have done the same. You try to speak with such authority on everything when you have ZERO data to back up your claims. You also love to speak for others with terms like "most people know this" "most people think this"... again without any data to back it up.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Not exactly accurate in any way shape or form.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  3. Triconx Augur

What reality do you live in? Reading your comments is like reading a dystopian novel
    Conq, Kaenneth, Rijacki and 1 other person like this.
  4. Strawberry Augur

A lot of these Krono end up on shady sites where people generate income and evade taxes. Simply telling the truth is not "a dystopian novel".
  5. Highwizard Augur

I am still waiting for the data on who "most gamers is". It must be the ones that watch streamers, because clearly most gamers do not buy micro transactions.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

OP makes a 100% pointless challenge as none of the players have access to the information required to make an informed rebuttal.

You may as well state that your mother loves Raspberries & we should try and prove you wrong as the same principle applies.
    Rijacki and Barton like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

But your not telling the truth because you have no way to verify they are not paying taxes. That is your assumption.

Every one knows that is how the big guys got caught - via tax evasion.
    Kaenneth, Rijacki and Smokezz like this.
  8. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Flawless analysis, sir/madam/preferred salutation. I suggest we extend this logic umbrella over why players should be nice to their local boxers, botters and boxer/botters.
    Brontus likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Depends on the game. Most EQ players dont care one way or another. Other games may be different.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The guy REALLY doesnt like micro transactions... I don think EQ is the place he should be putting his soap box though. micro transactions in eq are pretty tame.
    code-zero, Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  11. Laronk Augur

Can't really prove you wrong, but I can tell you without expansions the non tlp players would just leave the game.

Also as far as micro transactions go, I personally never spend above the 500 dbg i get a month from having a sub. I don't think you need anything out of the dbg store, if the micro transactions were gone tomorrow it would change nothing in the real game. I'm pretty sure expansions and micro transactions are separate things to them.

A better statement if true would be everquest would be sunset without micro transactions. But we don't know that unless we know what they make off micros. Really though micro transactions in Everquest imo are not that bad.
  12. Razorfall Augur

It costs like 15 bucks a year for domain privacy, so basic WHOIS lookups won't work for those.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Without Krono's eq would not be going sadly. Thats why they keep coming up with new TLP's is because they generate krono sells please prove me wrong.
  14. Angahran Augur

You're wrong.

When EQ first came out we had far larger expansions than we do currently and nobody had even heard of a 'micro-transaction".
    Kaenneth and CatsPaws like this.
  15. Highwizard Augur

Well yeah back then the game was fresh and had alot of people playing, I'm referring to todays eq. Bottom line is without KR sales and the DB store this game would get the plug pulled on it. Some of you would like that, not everyone.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  16. Scila Augur

/yawn I'm too bored to prove you wrong
  17. Dre. Altoholic

I'd buy a few of whatever that collector's edition that gives the spiffy Djinni mercs.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And EQ was a much newer game at then. So... I dont think you made your point.
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm... not sure if its krono sales. They do get all the subs from TLP folks and TLP folks seem to like starting over all the time. I have no idea of who is paying cash for subs and who is using kronos but I would think the majority of TLP folks pay cash.

I guess the folks who are into RMT by selling drops and such on TLP are using kronos to play.

Are folks on TLPs mainly using krono to pay for drops?
    Nennius likes this.