Please consider reverting instanced dungeons back to normal XP levels.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AnonFrog01, Jul 29, 2023.

1. eqfanforlife Elder

Just go to MG and pop an instance, unlimited xp in your own zone.

Oh wait you all are on oakwynd....RIP
    Lineater likes this.
  2. Mashef Augur

They need to do this and/or just buff overall exp rates from the get go. So many people want to play this game but they don't want the endless grind. They eliminate thousands upon thousands of subs by keeping exp ridiculously slow. Never seen a company afraid of generating revenue like DPG.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They didn't add those instanced dungeons in so that you could XP in rather so you could get content that you would normally not be able to due to open world restrictions.
  4. Taladir Augur

Speeding up experience any more than they have would negatively impact potion sales.
  5. AnonFrog01 Journeyman

If it had never been that way before, I might be able to see your argument. There were a few TLPs starting with Phinny and up to more recent servers and didn't see an issue with server performance.
  6. Mashef Augur

The lack of exp groups and prominence of AE PL groups proves everything you said wrong. EQ is all about end game. The journey to get there is trash and the vast majority tolerate the journey due to addiction to the game.

This game doesn't even start until 50/60/65.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Last I checked all of the instances you are talking about for adding XP into the game are targeted at the levels you are talking about and you won't be able to use them until you level up.
  8. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

The game doesn't start until you're max level? Other than attend raids on raid nights, what do you do that you couldn't until max level?
  9. Trevalon Augur

Raiding is the only point of EQ. If your not raiding your in a extreme minority of players for EQ TLP. That's the whole point of having instances on TLP servers so that everyone can raid. Are there people that view the "Journey" is more important than the "end"? Sure, but Id wager its a huge minority and Id wager most of those people are on P99.

Ive played every single TLP to day except Oak and Coirnav and I have only ever met a handful of "non raiding" eq players on them. And I am not even in the "big" raid guilds, only mid tier ones.
  10. Trevalon Augur

This is true, but even your contrarian self has to admit that MOST of what was Intended on TLPS has changed over the years and Ngreth doesn't seem shy about making good sense changes to the formula (Thank god!).

But then again, you dont even play TLPS so you wouldnt know that right?
    HuggyBear likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And the devs apparent desire to limit xp in instances isn't just limited to the TLP servers. As the AOC instances are designed to let people experience raid raid content that is normally limited to open world mobs it shouldn't be shocking that they don't want you to xp in them.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Idget Lorekeeper

13. Ishbu Augur

This isnt true. These dungeon DZs intended for raids that you are using to xp in do not have respawn with very few exceptions in the early expansions. That alone makes them much easier. On top of that, you can pop a dz, see what is up, quit it, and get another after a very short replay timer, ensuring certain mobs without any risk or PH killing requirement. I could go on, but there are a bunch of little things that make these versions of the zone simply easier than the open world version.

They should have reduced XP as if you want XP, use the real zones and god forbid, maybe have to interact with other players at times.
  14. Cosmo New Member

Everyone remember that scene from Fight Club where Norton is explaining the estimated total cost of paying for lawsuits is compared to the cost of a recall, and the lower number is the winner?

I think that's the bottom line here. I dunno what the internal numbers look like, but presumably DB does and they think the DB store brings in more than subs. There isn't really another explanation.

That being said, I know a lot of people who hate the grind and only put up with it to get to the endgame. And many more who would play if they didn't have to put in so many hours grinding levels/AA/rares.

Personally I support huge increases in basically everything. Xp rates, rare spawns, loot drops, faction, alt currencies... perm double or even triple rates. Take out the majority of key/flag bottlenecks.

Just let people play.
  15. Aziuno Augur

I don't think instancing peoples leveling experience brings value to MMO's. It does the opposite, it makes the game feel less of a MMO and more of a personal sandbox.

Look at WoW once dungeon finder comes out, there is noone in the open world outside of main cities.