A public service announcement for the Vaniki server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cronar, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Cronar Elder

To anyone who is more interested in seeing the content that the game provides, and is more interested in getting out in the field and fighting instead of dropping real life money in order to get geared, Vaniki is a lesser known ray of absolute sunshine in the Everquest universe.

The vaniki server is a special rules set progression server that is well into its progression, but it is easy to get in and catch up when compared to any other server the game operates.

Firstly, the rules have been changed in how a lower level character fights against mobs that are much higher in level and power.
    To give you an example, in the tutorial, at level 8, you can mow through the demon that is normally the last mob killed before you leave.

Secondly, almost all gear has removed the required level tag on gear. This means that you can get your hand on some gear that is far above your own, fairly cheap, and be able to use it and grow much more powerful with that same gear as you level.
    Essentially, a level 1 in defiant gear can move up the food chain of mob levels and gear as they go very quickly when compared to every other server.

Also, the mobs are set to drop more loot than you would normally see. This makes it easier to gear up entire groups of friends, or bank for alts along the way.

Thirdly the named mobs have a higher chance of spawning compared to all other servers.

Lastly, the people who have been active and remain on the server are actually quite nice, patient and don't really try to get rich on the broker.
    There are people who make and sell weight reducing bags quite often and not terribly expensive too. (ghandi is my favorite human being on the server)

As a side note, i've been told that it is possible for a single group of level 40's can easily handle the dragons and other prize mobs.

Here is a list of challenges put forth to beat and their prizes.

Level
    Current Expansion
    Goal 
    Reward
    Gates of Discord
    Cazic-Thule
    An item that grants low stat food at a click. This item has unlimited charges.
    Gates of Discord
    Yelinak
    Teleport - Western Wastes (Scars of Velious)
    Gates of Discord
    Cragbeast Queen
    Raid Currency (Choose a batch of currency from all raid currencies in the game at the time of this server’s launch. The amount is based on 2.5x the price of a breastplate item, or an equivalent high-value item.)
    Omens of War / Dragons of Norrath / Depths of Darkhollow / Prophecy of Ro
    Riftseekers (King or Queen)
    Illusion: Vaniki
    The Serpent’s Spine / The Buried Sea
    Ashengate - Lethar
    An item that grants low stat drink at a click. This item has unlimited charges.
    Secrets of Faydwer
    Meldrath's Mansion - Meldrath
    Teleport - Fortress Mechanotus
    Seeds of Destruction / Underfoot
    Korafax - Pallorax the Soul Slayer
    Raid Currency (Choose)
    House of Thule
    Fear Itself - Cazic's Final Stand
    Illusion: Gigyn
    Veil of Alaris
    Resplendent Temple
    Removable Purity Augment (35)
    Rain of Fear / Call of the Forsaken
    Shard's Landing 
    Teleport - Epicenter
    The Darkened Sea / The Broken Mirror / Empires of Kunark
    Plane of Hate - Innoruuk
    Raid Currency (Choose)
    Ring of Scale / The Burning Lands
    Balance of Power (Raid) 
    Illusion: Gnomework (Leadbetter)
    Torment of Velious / Claws of Veeshan
    Griklor the Restless
    An item that grants a shadowstep at a click. This item has unlimited charges.
    Terror of Luclin
    Doomshade
    Teleport - Maiden's Eye (Terror of Luclin)
    Future Expansions
    To be decided
    Raid Currency (Choose)

[The chart below has been added and this article updated on June 9, 2022]

Defeat Phinigel Autropos, Lady Vox, and Lord Nagafen by level 40 Title: the Valiant
    Defeat Severilous, Gorenaire, Talendor, and Trakanon by level 50 Metamorph Wand - Trakaraptor
    Defeat Emperor Ssraeshza by level 55 Metamorph Wand - Emperor Ssraeshza
    Defeat Solusek Ro by level 55 Title: the Penultimate Element
    Defeat Deepest Guk: The Curse Reborn (Raid) by level 55 Token of the Magus
    Defeat Vishimtar the Fallen by level 60 Raid Currency
    Defeat Sendaii, the Hive Queen by level 60 Metamorph Wand - Lava Spider
    Defeat The Tolling of Dissonant Bells by level 60 White Skystrider Whistle
    Defeat Mayong's Mistresses by level 65 Bright Bag of Collection
    Defeat Fippy's Revenge by level 75 Title: the Relentless
    Defeat The Doomscale Horde by level 90 Contract of the Nihil
    Defeat Defense of the City by level 90 Bridle of the Tranquil Shriekpaw
    Defeat Doorstep of War by level 95 Trinket of the Frontier Mountains
    Defeat Fight Fire by level 100 Contract of the Phoenix
    Defeat Tantor by level 105
    Raid Currency

So if you are looking for something different, but all in all just want to play and not be bothered by the ignorant happenings on most of the other progression servers, it is worthwhile to check it out!
    Yinla and code-zero like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You can molo the dragons at level 40.
    code-zero and Cronar like this.
  3. Cronar Elder

Just took my 22 ranger down to upper guk. Fought my way down to the shin lord, destroying all in my path. It was peaceful and fun!
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So you saw all the lovely yellow text of all the raids beaten :)
    Cronar likes this.
  5. Cronar Elder

Indeed, and had a good conversation with a raider on the server. He told me how things go and progress on vaniki, and i guess there is some frustration on the current raid, because the -10 is just a bit too rough at this point. He said they should move it to a -5.

I hope that i can get a character up in level to join a guild and get in on the fun too :)
  6. Cronar Elder

Got my first part of a challenge done. Leve 38 and molo'd vox. Took a long time to get all the priests and whatnot to go empty on mana, but i did it.
    Next tried cazic thule, this was a disaster. Upon zoning, found me and my merc surrounded by dozens of mobs who ate my merc alive and then me. Will try again with a full group or perhaps a pickup raid.
    Going to try kedge for phinney next.
  7. Cronar Elder

Did vox phinny and nagafen without issue today. In fact, i had to do vox twice because the first time i wandered into permafrost and found her up, but killing her didn't go towards the challenge title.
    Loving vaniki so far.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Cazic is a bit tougher, needs a group for that one. Works best if you have high levels clear all the other stuff so just Cazic is up. Drop the DZ and get a fresh one for the 40's, just remember to drop the high level requester from the raid and DZ before zoning in
    Barton likes this.
  9. Cronar Elder

I have no high level characters as of yet. Would people on the server be willing to help clear the trash if i ask in general?
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

11. Cronar Elder

Yinla and Kaenneth like this.