POP and OOW Parchments and Muramite Runes Questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Puckbone, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Puckbone New Member

I’ve been getting back into the game again and saw that you can do parchment and rune turn-ins for spells. This interested me—I like spells, don’t like spending plats if there is a way around it. I also began spell research to supply my guys with spells; I spend enough plat on that. For some reason, though lately I can’t get enough Binding Powder to drop and I’ll be god damned if I’m gonna pay over 400 plat per powder on the broker, but that’s another issue.
    Anyway, I ran a few Plane of Justice runs and got over a dozen ethereal parchments (half were repeats). I went to BoT but was too slow (got bored). But at least I got some. I went to Dranik’s and did all three expeditions (Watering Hole, and the other two) multiple times and got sqwat! Not even any other drops besides the runes? I read on ZAM that people were camping the PH and getting multiple pops, but nothing re-pops for me. I thought maybe I shouldn’t completely clear the zone, just maybe half the zone and wait. I tried that and still nothing re-pops. I've sat in zone for an hour just to see if any re-popped. There were names in the instances, but the only thing I got drop wise were gems and body parts (that sells well). NO RUNES EVER.
    Is there something stupid I’m doing or not doing? Or, am I just the unluckiest boy in the world (someone has to take PeeWee’s place).
    If it makes a difference I'm All-Access on my Druid and WIZ, FTP ENC and 3-box on the live server: 70 Druid, 68 ENC, 68 WIZ. I usually grab the instances from the Grand Historian with my WIZ, but I have done it at least once with my druid.
    Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. Aanuvane Augur

The Dranik's expeditions are not the only place that muramite runes will drop - they should drop from any named in OoW fairly commonly.

What level are you? Intricate Binding Powder drops commonly in LDoNs if you're high enough.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

They disabled respawns in all instances about a year back, so that info is outdated and instances are going to get you nothing.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I took the same route as you as I hate spending plat on spells. But the spell research turned out not to be the best way to get spells for me at least.

So I go hunting. I look up the spell and what drops it.

For the Muramite Runes I used to just run thru the zones looking for named. Never really got many from the instances. But there is also the baz where they can sell cheap - less than 100 plat.

In WOS there is a camp that you can run 6 named so really good chances for runes off one or two of them. MPG trials will get you a couple. And Pixt Trent in NC used to drop fairly regularly. Most of these ideas are covered in this forum https://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=8512.0
  5. Puckbone New Member

Thanks for the responses, everyone. That answers the no-pop issue in the instances...heh. I read up a little more and see there are other places where rune drops occur. Just wanted to see what an instance was like. The xp was fair, but I will try the other places. (Very helpful looking link, Cats.)
    Thanks again for the info. 8o)
    Puck