A kind request to the dev team

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cronar, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Captain Video Augur

Congralations on being the 1,000th person to say this. Every one of you continues to ignore the basic principle, explained many, many times over in these forums, that server hardware limits performance and makes private picks impossible. Period. Full stop. Win the lottery, buy the company, and you can have your own private server and play it the way you want. Until then, it's a take-it-or-leave it proposition.

I won't ask if I can have your stuff, because players in your category never have any stuff. :)
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

At least 1 dev streams during the charity thing that goes on later in the year. I don't pay that much attention, it's not my country so it is not on my radar. I spend some of my spare cash supporting kids here not overseas.
    Brontus likes this.
  3. Razorfall Augur

If they would actually permaban the bot groups on the second offense there might be space for everyone.
    Dre. likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

"Super Easy" solo with every single class?

Because in WoW you can do that & in EQ you cannot.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

I did it with a rogue and a healer merc in 2017, and most equipment was non-prestige. Overseer was not there yet. Today you only have to level up to 85 and then doing Overseer. Please tell me the classes that you think it is not possible with !
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Easier way be to make eq playable offline fixs all problems!
    Cronar and Iven like this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

-limit on-demand instancing to paid accounts
    -queue system for on-demand instancing

it's not hard.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Bernel Augur

Performance has been brought up many times, but then why are HA instances not a performance issue? It seems like they are essentially the same thing as a pick. A group gets a quest, an instance is spawned for them, and they have the instance to themselves. Once you're in the instance, it seems pretty much like being in a regular zone.
    Cronar likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The zones are smaller and they don't respawn.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Cronar Elder

A lot of feedback on both sides of the request i've posted, and still no input from anyone on the dev team or eq in general.
    Sad.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

Phinny had close to on demand instancing, where 1 person could hold a pick open. They removed that. That is their input. The comparisons to WoW make no sense as WoW is functionally very different and has a very slight funding and hiring advantage.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Cronar Elder

Quite frankly, the entire argument against more picks or private picks is pure garbage. Agent of change is solid proof of that.
    So just stop. Please.

People want to play the game, have it enjoyable and worthy of their time. Most of those same people don't want to bow to the kronolords who hold all the spawns.

In total honesty, if they would make the game playable offline, i would play the heck out of that.

The game is great, the people not so much.
    Brontus likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Those are special instances that can only be requested once a week per account though that has changed with Oakwynd and the legacy character system.

It isn't a fair comparison to suggest that an instance that you can do once a week (and that they nerfed xp gain in) to one that can be called up on demand. The purpose of the AoC is to allow access to raid content that would otherwise be monopolized by a single person/group/raid force and to allow for the entire server to experience and it isn't to give you a private zone to xp in.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Development has several times reduced or eliminated XP gain in on-demand instances noting that the intent is NOT to have private instances for XPing or as a loot pinata. The closest you get are the HA instances but the kill XP in those is drastically reduced with the reward being for the completion of the associated task with a lock out on repeat. There is also only a chance for a single Named to spawn that is generally significantly harder than the rest of the instance. Those instances also do not have respawns unlike a /pick but in the same way as a DZ.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Brontus EQ Player Activist

If we are honest, we need to acknowledge there is a segment of the forum community that continually defends the status quo no matter what. Forums are like a meta game for some. Darkpaw has little to nothing to address many long-standing issues that erode the play experience of EQ players. Allowing anti-social behavior and griefing in Norrath is one of these issues. How anyone can defend this is beyond comprehension.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The devs have also been pretty clear that they don't like the idea of private picks
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Iven the Lunatic

Limitations are not always the right way and can be a sign of helplessness. Instead the social aspects should be strenghtened which would automatically lead to more mixed groups and a better MMO experience. Friends should be easier trackable cross-server wide. The current friend list is a completely outdated feature and I already made a suggestion how that could be improved. It should be reviewed and discussed internally if it is really a good idea to exclude FTP accounts from writing message by the mail box and from the general chat channels.

Back in the days under SOE there was an external and official instant messenger (eqim.exe) that did allow chat between logged in an logged out players. That was very innovative and a good way to keep the players connected to the game and to each others. I still have it stored but it no longer works. Maybe that project could be reanimated by one of Daybreak's necromancers...
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What does any of that have to do with the devs being opposed to the idea of private picks?
  19. Cronar Elder

The main point of this thread is to find a way to make it a bit less of a chore to be able to go out into the world to get the gear required in order to keep going.
    In its current state on tlp servers, most people are totally shut out from getting that gear, because the named mobs that hold that gear are locked down night and day.

I am not asking for a win now button, just a tool to make it less of a chore to play the game.
    Iven likes this.
  20. Captain Video Augur

This statement is patently false. Even on a TLP, there are literally hundreds of gear items PER CLASS you can use to progress. There is no one single item everyone just has to have, it's a delusion that whale players think that way. Every TLP has multiple guilds full of players who are managing to progress their gearing just fine without having to fret over the heavily-contested mobs you're obsessed about. Ignore those idiots. Explore the world. Learn to play the game the way it was designed to be played.

And you're not going to get a lot of sympathy posting a TLP-specific complaint in the Veteran's forum, either.
    Yinla and Waring_McMarrin like this.