What is your dream server ruleset?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. eqfanforlife Elder

I like this but the idea of opening in GOD with level/aa lock, that way we can have all classes.

Also lf the fast exp was too much I would say give the zones that don't get much traffic a zem boost to spice up the leveling process.
  2. Trevalon Augur

Well my server would ahve them unlocked in Classic, which should be totally doable. They have vendors in every major city. No one cares about their epics!
  3. eqfanforlife Elder

I'm not a computer programmer but I imagine the easiest way to do that would be open in god and have level / AA locks as well as zone locks.

It would be cool though, to have some AA's available early on, like rogue SOS for example.
  4. Trevalon Augur

Probably would be easier, but Id much rather have a Classic/Kunark start than GoD start. I appreciate Classic in particular, Kunark and Velious are meh though.
  5. code-zero Augur

Anything that would touch how Krono works is not going to happen. Krono gives 30 days of All Access which would affect 4 games, EQ, EQ2, DCUO and PlanetSide2. They will not risk the potential for screwing up all those games for the sake of one TLP. On top of that new TLP servers drive tons of new Krono sales so what's the motive for getting rid of that?

If you notice Daybreak will use outside the box thinking to make things happen. They handled the mess that Free Trade can cause for CS with the Random Loot Code making it all but impossible to monopolize items. The suggestion originated with Skuz to have a GoD opening so that all classes were available at launch and not only did they do that but introduced level locking.

Heh, maybe they'll come up with a way to make a viable PvP TLP :confused:
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is also ignoring the fact that krono trades would still happen it would just involve multi server trades and more scams.
    Rijacki and code-zero like this.
  7. WokeCat Augur

What does that mean though? Did he develop EverQuest or is he an employee for the company who bought the rights to EverQuest? Anyone who played Mischief knows there were blaring issues with it (and there still are in early TLPs).

Like someone explain to me why it makes sense for Rubicite to drop so late into Oakwynd? CT was completely dead on Oakwynd. Would have been awesome if the armor dropped early enough for people to level there (let's keep it real, Rubicite isn't good enough to make Sol B / L Guk irrelevant, but I guarantee more people would have leveled in Cazic Thule if they thought they could get Rubicite armor -- especially in a version of the game where people were paying large $ for fine steel armor).

The class quest armor needs to be completely revamped. Instances do nothing to address the rare mobs in open world zones that will never be instanced (as a Cleric, you could probably farm several suits of Plane of Hate armor before you ever see Regis the Reverent or Dwigus Lowater spawn). This is very problematic.

So yes, IMHO the game is ran pretty poorly on TLPs.

I also remember playing on Mischief in the early days of it's release and being disappointed by the fact that the loot didn't really feel random. I may have been the first player on the entire server to get a Ring of the Ancients. We got basement key before anyone else and went down there to avoid the crowds, and it dropped off of Garanel. Someone offered me 5KR for it. At the time we didn't know how rare or random items would be. Later found out that Garanel had like an 80% chance of dropping that ring (and/or a dark elf mask every time you killed him). Want a PKT or Pegasus cloak? Go to UR FP. For whatever reason they dropped there more than anywhere else in the game.

Ultimately, with Mischief, if you wanted a certain item, you knew exactly which camp you needed to go to greatly increase your chances of getting said item. Certain items almost exclusively dropped at certain camps, so it never really felt random.

Also like another example I didn't like was that Shaman's Totemic armor would drop off of random mobs on Mischief. That's great, but they should have done this with every class. No one is going to go out and do Temple of Ro quests when you can get planar gear virtually for free. To add a little flavor in the early days, having all class armor randomly drop (not just Totemic) would have made the game more exciting.

Edit: Another thing that still blows my mind with Mischief if that I lived in Hamlord / Frenzied and I never saw an FBSS or SSOY drop out of weeks of being down there, so I've always assumed that those high end items exclusively dropped off of Efreeti / Kedge, because that's where all the boxers I saw seemed to live. But IDK.
  8. Robb123 New Member

Any class, any race from the beginning.
  9. Ruban New Member

Pvp, preferably some sort of team.

But seeing how that probably wont happen, id settle for something like a freetrade, but not with random loot pinata. And i think it would be fun to have all races and classes available with classic launch, set EC tunnel as bind for races that dont have a city ready in classic and toss the necessary guildmasters there too. Possibly adjust classic rogues so they arent completely useless would be a nice icing on the cake.
  10. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Posted it before but:
    No race/class restrictions, ie each race can be any class
    No race/class restrictions on items
    FV loot rules
  11. code-zero Augur

All classes/ All races would require nerfing a few racial innates like Ogre frontal melee stun immunity and Iksar AC bonus
  12. dentalplan lisa needs braces

I don't think this would be required at all.
  13. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Every min-maxer would choose an ogre for every class. An ogre enchanter who can't be stunned by their own pet would be incredible. I don't want to see a world full of ogres. I just don't.
    Rijacki and code-zero like this.
  14. Ubuh New Member

PvP with basically any ruleset though I'd prefer RZ rules.
    1 item (non-weapon slot) lootable on death
    4 level limit

I'd take any PvP progression server though.
  15. CdeezNotes Augur

Mix-maxers to that degree are far and few between. You don't see only ogre for any ogre-playable class already, I doubt it would change much.

That and charm pet is such a limited thing in a TLP lifecycle. By OOW it's basically dead lol. If you base your race on just classic-oow then you're just bad.
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

TSS launch
    Free Trade group gear
    Standard unlock schedule
  17. code-zero Augur

Oh min/maxxer would very much be even worse than what you imagine. There are people who won't group with what they see as weak classes and those would most definitely demand that ogre is the only race they would group with early in the game.
  18. CdeezNotes Augur

I'm not saying they don't exist, but I've literally never seen this happen. I play all classes that can be ogres and never once have been an ogre. Never ran into some clown telling me to reroll. If you require an ogre to be good, get better.

These boards are infamous for making wild hypotheticals that never come to fruition, see pre Oakwynd launch threads.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Tinklepee New Member

Unique pick zones for every character, except for city zones. Remove the level cap, but everything scales to your level. Rested EXP that only accumulates while resting in an inn.

Should DPG hire me? (I'm unemployed)
  20. code-zero Augur

The real question is do you support removal of unbalancing racial innates from the game?