What is your dream server ruleset?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You want the expansions to last longer then they did originally with all the complaints about how slow a TLP is?
    Dreadnote likes this.
  2. Spry New Member

Mischief ruleset +

- All recommended level on items becomes required level, required level goes away (everything usable at level 1, with diminished and progressing stats as you level)

- Beasts and Zerks from day one (but still only original game is released, does NOT start in GoD)

- Add new features/options to the Bazaar search window. I have many ideas. This would be a global thing though.

That's basically it. I'd be pretty happy.
  3. Banai Augur

Mine would be:

Vaniki rules (double loot, no required levels) except for the level restriction
    FV Trade rules
    Start @ Kunark and all classes unlocked at start.
    6 week unlocks when no level bumps, 8 weeks when level bumps happen

I like Mischief's random loot but double loot applies to things like trade skill and quest items so prefer that.
  4. Laberintica77 Journeyman

-Solo character non boxing
    -Untradeable Kronos from anywhere
    -Everyone starts with 0 KRONO , you can't use your 10000000 kronos from mischief and trade them on other servers
    -Longer expansions 4-5months
    -Longer AoC unlocks , once 14 days.
    -Slower XP
    A server named: Lodizal :) for us that like the slower/turtleing side
  5. code-zero Augur

Amazing...

Absolutely nothing on that list is ever going to happen.

They couldn't keep a 2 box limit enforced on Aradune much less solo character no boxing

The Krono changes would screw up All Access accounts across 4 games.

Longer expansions have been tried in the past and led to even faster server death

The AoC unlocks and low XP would kill it even quicker. Back in the day hell levels caused people to quit and I'd had several guildies back then just rage quit during a wipe with a difficult corpse recovery turn up in Vent to tell everyone the glories of WoW

So, nope
    Captain Video likes this.
  6. CdeezNotes Augur

Who or what is Lozidal? I know of Lodizal, but is Lozidal its bizarro twin brother or something?
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Whatever floats ya'll boat and keeps you playing is my dream ruleset.
  8. Rolento23 Journeyman

The Krono thing is something I would love to see on a 25th anni server. Remove/do not allow krono onto the server. You can buy and still use them on any other TLP/Live server to consume game time, but on the new TLP they are not allowed.

This would help with krono farmers, bots, hacking, PLing, everything. It wont stop it all, but it would improve the in game economy by so much. It would keep inflation down, promote way more trading. I can't think of any real negatives. Yah you can't buy your wealth or transfer it to the new server. This would be the most unique server of them all.

the rest of your ideas, no thanks haha
  9. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

It won't stop any of it.

Kronos fixed more problems than it created.
  10. Risiko Augur

Simple... Classic Plus.
  11. Laberintica77 Journeyman

Thanks for the spellcheck !
  12. Laberintica77 Journeyman

Kronos makes second one, minute one of a brand new server, not new anymore since the Economy is not new, get it?
  13. Kraked Augur

My dream server:

No FTE
    Free Trade
    50 % reduced spawn timers
    50 % reduced DZ lockouts
    Pickzone threshold reduced 50%
    No keying requirements
    Selos EXP rate
    Sleepers Tomb is 2 awake 2 asleep loot ( or just have it mischief style for those 4 bosses ).
    Unlock Rate - 500 unique accounts completion of the entire expansion raid bosses; IE: Naggy / Vox / Phinny / PoH / PoSky / PoFear.
    Box limitation - 6 max per household
    Raid capacity lowered by 25%
    Epic spawn timers reduced by 75%
  14. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

An RMT website would do the same thing to the server.

Player 1 pays real life money for X plat VS Player 1 pays krono in game for X plat.
  15. Neuro Elder

A realistic new TLP ruleset, without getting too crazy:

1) Start in Kunark. Too many Kunark zones are never utilized because so many players are already 50 when Kunark releases.
    2) Level locked at 50 for the first 4 weeks, but none of this +10 level stuff that Vaniki had, that just invalidated it all.
    3) Veeshan's Peak is locked until level cap goes to 60.
    4) FTE and Relaxed Truebox enabled. FTE has been great, now that most of the bugs have been ironed out. I'm guessing FTE is going to be the standard in the future, like Truebox is. However, not the Heirloom/Legacy stuff, that's neat but let's save it for Oakwynd.
    5) All classes enabled from the start. Not all *races*, but Beastlord and Berserkers have support built in to classic cities, just enable them from the beginning. This WILL mean that BST and BZK won't be able to finish their epic until later, but that's the downside.

For the first four weeks, this gives people far more zones to level in. Maybe someone will go to Dalnir or Droga/Nurga instead of the standard Unrest>UGuk>LGuk>Hole, especially the 42-50 grind. Go to Seb, or Howling Stones, or even Chardok. This gives much more raid targets from the start, and there's more to do for the first 4 weeks. Then, 4 more weeks to finish up Kunark since now VP is open.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. code-zero Augur

Lot's of good ideas, all classes will in all likelihood be tied to a GoD start. Level locking is a much better idea that it was credited with being.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you are going to do level lock starting in GoD (or later) would be better as that would at least allow for players to chose from all the available classes as the start of the game and not have to wait for beastlords and berserkers at a later date. Just unlock levels as you would normally unlock expansions until it catches up to the released expansion and unlock expansions as normal after that point.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Razorfall Augur

1.) Mages, necros, and beastlords locked until PoP
    2.) All mobs immune to charm until PoP
  19. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

To utilize all low level zones, low level quests, and have all the race/class combos

- Starting in TSS
    - Level locked to 50 for 8 weeks then +5 each 4 weeks until it catches up to TSS's max level.
    - Add AA at 24 weeks
    - Kunark key unlocks after 32 weeks
    - each expansion key unlocks every 8 weeks after (i.e. Luclin at 40 weeks, PoP at 48, etc.)
    - TBS unlocked at 60 weeks then normal unlocks after
    Yinla and code-zero like this.
  20. Trevalon Augur

Ok, ive done these before but Ill bite again:

Classic Start (Id be ok with Kunark Start)
    10 Week Level expansions (8 is too short for alot of bigger xpacs, but 12 is too long)
    8 Weeks non level expansions
    Live EXP rates (This goes to 2X at GoD, 2.5X at DoDh, and 3X at TSS - Making it Selo speed at TSS)
    AA EXP Doubled
    All Classes at launch (seriously, do this)
    Remove All Keying (VP, ST, Ssra, VT, etc) - Leave Flagging (PoP+)
    Double Loot (Dont really care about Random loot, though its been fun on Mischief and I do like that you cant monopolize certain items)
    Free Trade
    Double Rares
    Double Faction
    33% Faster Spawn time on ALL mobs
    Truebox till GoD then relaxed (3 per PC)
    Dont care about FTE either way
    Buff Rogues in Classic
    Classic Zones (we know this is possible, Prathun told us! At least do classic Freeport if nothing else!)
    PoP Launch with LoY, 1 Month alter LDON, 12 weeks total of PoP/LoY/LDON

Essentially its a Pinata server. Mischief has been the most fun server BY far and I have played all of them except for Coirnav (There's a reason why the slowest EXP server was the least popular - no one wants that, and those who do are playing P99).

Just make a nutty, super fast, super loot saturated, super crazy server for the 25th! Mischief has proven that this kind of ruleset is very popular!